### ~~ November 2006 Mamas - Happy New Year! ~~ ### - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 153 Old 01-26-2008, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't really noticed a difference in hair loss.

Atticus is getting better. He's not sleeping all day anymore and no more throwing up. He's still very stuffy, but this morning, I put his high chair in the bathroom with me so he could get the steam from my shower. He got a kick outof that!

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 153 Old 01-26-2008, 09:18 PM

Hi! I just found this tread. My name is Kara and my beautiful son Victor was born Nov 5, 06. Looking forward to chatting with you ladies!

#123 of 153 Old 01-26-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen_here View Post
You won't get any guff from me! My son was/is a runner, too. We got him this one when he first started walking well enough to want to walk in public and we were going to be in Ohare Airport with him. He LOVED it. We got some snotty comments - but only from teens/young 20s without kids. We mostly got great comments from parents of other young walkers and slightly older kids saying what a great idea it was. And he seriously did love it - he would ask us to "put doggie on?" or just "doggie?" all the time. Then, when we would be traveling somewhere where there was even the slightest chance he'd get away from us even on the leash, we tucked a family picture in the zipper pocket along with a note that said something along the lines of "I belong to Genevieve (Mama) and Geoffrey (Daddy) Lastname. Their phone numbers are ########." On the airline trip, we also added, "My Grandmother in Chicago is Name and her number is ######. My grandparents in Florida are Name and Name, and their number is #######." Thankfully we never needed to use that info, but I was always glad to know that it was there - just in case.

And all the best to you, mama! I can't wait to hear of (and see a picture of... hint-hint ) your new little bundle!
That is a very cute little harness. I have been wanting to get one for Victor but DH doesn't like the idea. Of course Dh is not usually the one at the store with him so he doesn't know how hard it is keeping track of him.

Question for you:
Do you still wear your babies in a sling/wrap? I find that it is getting very hard on my back because he is so heavy. Not sure if a different sling would help or if it is just time to stop babywearing. Right now I have a maya wrap.

#124 of 153 Old 01-26-2008, 10:07 PM

I just found this thread, too! I've got a Nov. 06 baby. He's a handful! He started walking at 9mos. His newest thing is climbing.. on everything. Sofa, chairs, table, toilet.. He's so chatty, but he doesn't have many real words yet. He's just in the last few days started to use a fork, but still prefers his fingers. And just yesterday he started putting his books back on the shelf! I've been trying to show him that for two months. So now he takes them off, and puts them back on. He's an absolute joy.. even though he doesn't care what no means and thinks he runs the show

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#125 of 153 Old 01-27-2008, 01:34 AM

Welcome, Kara & Megan!! I love how big this group has become back from the days in our DDC.

Kara, if you haven't tried the Ergo, I always really like that one. I also used my Kangaroo Korner fleece pouch as a hip carrier well after my first daughter was 2. I used both while pregnant as well.

I've been away quite a bit. I came back to MDC because I've been getting lots of grief over how teeny my DD is - 14 lbs. 11 oz at her 12 month checkup. For those of you who were around back in our DDC, you might recall I went through this when she was in utero as well. But she loves to eat and I've decided that I'm not going to mess with that. She's been into try to use a spoon - what a mess! After a bunch of bloodwork came back all normal, a nurse recommended giving her pediasure for the extra calories. I would consider it if I thought there was a real health reason , but not otherwise, can't imagine how something with sugar as the third ingredient, and 17 mg of taurine, would help her.

Anyway, she's a happy, chatty girl and spends most of her day chasing after her big sister and babbling away. She loves to laugh, dance, kick a soccer ball around and is trying really hard to do some wooden peg puzzles. it is so cute to see how she concentrates! It is also funny to see her try to climb into the bathtub - she doesn't quite realize that she can't get her leg up over the edge and tries so hard.

For those mommies and babies who've been sick, we are sending lots of hugs. I'm sure we will all be happy when cold & flu season is over. : We've certainly had our share here, including a mystery viral fever with no symptoms other than a high fever.
#126 of 153 Old 01-27-2008, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogreencars View Post
Which wraps are you drooling over?
Well, my black and white size 5 pfau just arrived on Friday. I can honestly say that it's the first time I've seen a wrap that I fell in love with. Before, I saw wraps as very practical you get the one that will work the best for you. That went out the window with the pfau. It's also so comfortable. My only wrap before was an Ellaroo which was nice but I'm finding this one to be easier to wrap with. I understand why so many people have the didy-love.

I also have a size 7 wool-blend nino zyklam on it's way to me. I figured that it really would be nice to have for our cold winter. Hopefully we'll be able to use the long tails for an extra layer. :

Now, I'm starting to feel like I should really get a silk-blend shorty for the warmer weather- but that can wait for a few months, it doesn't really get warm here till May or June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogreencars View Post
Did you say "next one"?
I wish. I'm still waiting for AF. With my first two I weaned them at 13 months and AF came back at 15 months. I'm still nursing Ella quite a bit so I don't know what will happen this time. I'm keeping a watch for signs of ovulation, I'd love to catch the first egg. We'll see what happens.

We got a harness for DD1 when she was about a year old. It didn't really work for her. She would let us put it on no problem but then she would refuse to walk or she would lean over so she'd be pulling against the strap. She would have a great time fooling around but we couldn't really walk anywhere with her in it. It's sort of funny, thinking back to it.

Ella is getting so rough. She's constantly attacking her older siblings. DS has PDD-NOS so he gets particularly frustrated when she pulls his hair or hits him with a toy, etc. Of couse, Ella thinks it's hilarious. He has now made a sign for his room with a baby on it and an X over it, meaning that no babies are allowed in his room.

Sometimes I think I'm crazy for wanting another one (or three), but mostly I can't wait.

Gillian - Wife to an amazing DH, Mother to 5 wonderful kiddos.
#127 of 153 Old 01-27-2008, 01:00 PM

I still use the moby for Homer, and sometimes a hip carry in the maya. I also have a wrap from Africa that a dear friend brought me from one of her visits home and baby goes on your back. I carried my other ds in that thing until he was nearly 5 and can still carry my 4yo ds in it comfortably if he cooperates (which is rare).

Hope everyone is feeling better!
Welcome to Kara and Megan!

This morning was a first, I visited the toddler board and found us ON TOP, the very first thread! usually we're buried on page 3 or something .

Homer is climbing too, and I have a serious issue with my stairs. They have no railing, so it's just a drop off on the side, and there is no way to block them off and he is driving me CRAZY with them. Every 3 minutes he is 5 or 6 stairs up, I can type about 2 words and he's back over there. It is so so frustrating, but he thinks it's a game now and will. not. stop. going up the stairs! He also climbs up the couch, coffee table, train table (to look out the window), baby gate to the kitchen (he's scaled it twice, landing on his head in the kitchen floor), kitchen table, you name it. I can't keep up.
#128 of 153 Old 01-27-2008, 01:23 PM

Hi everyone and welcome to the new mommas.

3 yo DS has chicken Pox. A very laid back kid, so dealing with it really well. Still playing and happy, only grumpy when his fever is up, and doesn't sleep so soundly when he is so itchy. Anyone have some good remedies to cool and stop the itching?

But that means in another 10 days Lea will probably have it, and she does not take to being sick - at all. I am so not looking forward to a week of her screaming and crying.

I've just been on two business trips and Lea is done bf. She didn't ask, not once, when I got back, though it was only 3 days/nights - she was just so happy to see me and wanted me to hold her and put her head on my shoulder, nothing more. Her vocabulary is really growing fast now. She says "baby Lea" to every picture of a baby.
#129 of 153 Old 01-27-2008, 04:24 PM

Hey ladies! I haven't been to active in these threads but figured I should... I just need to keep up with you all. DD was born nov 24 so she just turned 14 months!

Everything is going great with her, mostly... only things I'm worried about is how much she poops (too little? once every 3 or 4 days) and talking (only says wow and bye bye). I went to the naturo last week and he said she is gaining well and is healthy but doesnt sound like she poops enough. She mostly eats breastmilk still... other than that her favourite things seems to be softer things like yogurt, hummus, etc. And she likes fruit but mostly just to suck on... and she'll chew on bread and other things but she can't really chew it even though she has eight teeth, so I'm not sure how much she is actually eating.

As for the talking... it worries me a little because some of your babes are saying 20 words! Wow. I try to talk to her a lot, and I try to read to her but she hates being read to! She grabs the book and throws it away lol. I think it may just be because we communicate really well without words...

Anyway heres a pic from this morning... with play dough up her nose lol!

Maaike
#130 of 153 Old 01-27-2008, 04:43 PM

Oh... and, do you think she's teething? LOL
#131 of 153 Old 01-27-2008, 05:10 PM

Fiona has only a few words, "Dad, duck, dog, (do you see a trend here?) and "I want." She is read to all the time and we talk with her alot. I try not to worry, but I too panic a bit when I hear that other children are talking more. She is very good at getting her point across even without talking a ton, and she does do some signs (nurse, more, all done), so I try to be content with that.

That teething picture was so funny!

Jill :, partner to DH:, mother to DD 11/06 :, DD 2/2010 .
#132 of 153 Old 01-27-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamom View Post
Hi! I just found this tread. My name is Kara and my beautiful son Victor was born Nov 5, 06. Looking forward to chatting with you ladies!
Welcome! My DS Atticus was also born on the 5th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamom View Post
That is a very cute little harness. I have been wanting to get one for Victor but DH doesn't like the idea. Of course Dh is not usually the one at the store with him so he doesn't know how hard it is keeping track of him.
I would like a harness, but my DH, too, is way against it.

Question for you:
Do you still wear your babies in a sling/wrap? I find that it is getting very hard on my back because he is so heavy. Not sure if a different sling would help or if it is just time to stop babywearing. Right now I have a maya wrap.
I mostly just use my Ergo now. Slings hurt my back after an extended period of time, but they're good for in and out type stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillibean View Post
Well, my black and white size 5 pfau just arrived on Friday. I can honestly say that it's the first time I've seen a wrap that I fell in love with. Before, I saw wraps as very practical you get the one that will work the best for you. That went out the window with the pfau. It's also so comfortable. My only wrap before was an Ellaroo which was nice but I'm finding this one to be easier to wrap with. I understand why so many people have the didy-love.

I also have a size 7 wool-blend nino zyklam on it's way to me. I figured that it really would be nice to have for our cold winter. Hopefully we'll be able to use the long tails for an extra layer. :

Now, I'm starting to feel like I should really get a silk-blend shorty for the warmer weather- but that can wait for a few months, it doesn't really get warm here till May or June.

I wish. I'm still waiting for AF. With my first two I weaned them at 13 months and AF came back at 15 months. I'm still nursing Ella quite a bit so I don't know what will happen this time. I'm keeping a watch for signs of ovulation, I'd love to catch the first egg. We'll see what happens.

We got a harness for DD1 when she was about a year old. It didn't really work for her. She would let us put it on no problem but then she would refuse to walk or she would lean over so she'd be pulling against the strap. She would have a great time fooling around but we couldn't really walk anywhere with her in it. It's sort of funny, thinking back to it.

Ella is getting so rough. She's constantly attacking her older siblings. DS has PDD-NOS so he gets particularly frustrated when she pulls his hair or hits him with a toy, etc. Of couse, Ella thinks it's hilarious. He has now made a sign for his room with a baby on it and an X over it, meaning that no babies are allowed in his room.

Sometimes I think I'm crazy for wanting another one (or three), but mostly I can't wait.
I am right w/ you. I wish AF would hurry up so I could get pg again!!! I really want more. I don't even pump at work anymore, and still no AF!

#133 of 153 Old 01-27-2008, 08:35 PM

As for carriers, we still use and love our Ergo. DD likes to be carried in the front, but not so much in the back. Maybe when summer comes?

Sending healthy thoughts to all the sick mamas and babies. We are on cold #2 for the past month. DD really had no colds until she was thirteen months old, and now two in a row.

Also, do any of you have mother's jewelry? DH wanted to get me something, but I am having trouble locating things I like, especially with our birthstone month. Any thoughts?

#134 of 153 Old 01-27-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypixiemama View Post
As for carriers, we still use and love our Ergo. DD likes to be carried in the front, but not so much in the back. Maybe when summer comes?

Sending healthy thoughts to all the sick mamas and babies. We are on cold #2 for the past month. DD really had no colds until she was thirteen months old, and now two in a row.

Also, do any of you have mother's jewelry? DH wanted to get me something, but I am having trouble locating things I like, especially with our birthstone month. Any thoughts?
You could have a WAHM make you something. I'm having this lady custom make me a ring w/ the Nov. birthstone:

http://www.stringsandsealingwax.net/

I'm very excited!

#135 of 153 Old 01-28-2008, 06:03 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome all you new mamas - I'll add you to the list.

We use our wraps - Didymos and Girasols and Storchenweige - we've got LOTS!

We use our BabyHawks - we've got 3

Our Ergo is pretty much not used at the moment

Dov's mom - New Baby ????
#136 of 153 Old 01-28-2008, 06:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
What's your birthstone month?
#137 of 153 Old 01-28-2008, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Happy Monday, mamas!
#138 of 153 Old 01-28-2008, 07:06 PM

Happy Monday back at ya :

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

#139 of 153 Old 01-28-2008, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

I bet Dov is a BIG BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!
#140 of 153 Old 01-28-2008, 09:26 PM

I know! I have been thinking about that and wondering how Dov'sMom was doing all day. I can't wait to hear!

#141 of 153 Old 01-28-2008, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I know! I have been thinking about that and wondering how Dov'sMom was doing all day. I can't wait to hear!

I know!

Anyone remember if it's a girl or a boy? We should all get together and send Dov a present or something...
#142 of 153 Old 01-29-2008, 12:48 AM

Yes, Dov is a big brother! Baby boy (to be named on Sunday) was born just before midnight on Saturday night, after somewhere between 24 and 36 hours of labor and just over an hour after we got to the hospital.

Dov is taking it overall better than I expected. He mostly wants to stroke the baby's head, face, and hands, and point and shout "baba!" (which is as close to a real word as he gets nowadays -- everything else he likes is "dada!"). He does not appreciate the fact that the new baby is nursing, though he's mostly okay if he gets to nurse too. At first he tried to pull my breast out of the baby's mouth, and then a couple of times he shoved the baby's head -- he figured out pretty quickly that I didn't like that, so now he sort of sneaks his foot up from behind and tries to kick the baby's head away. But he's mostly affectionate. When someone is walking with a crying baby, he folds his arms across his chest and pretends he has one too. When the baby is done nursing (which almost always means is asleep) and I put him down, Dov runs over to try pick him up, which is NOT exactly appreciated, but very sweet, since he grabs him in his arms and cuddles.
#143 of 153 Old 01-29-2008, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

: w:: CONGRATULATIONS :: :::::
#144 of 153 Old 01-29-2008, 01:47 AM

Dov's mom: Congratulations! I was thinking about you over the weekend and I'm glad to hear that you're safe at home with your new little one. Happy babymoon.

~m. Mama to two! DS (11/2006) and DD (07/2010).

#145 of 153 Old 01-29-2008, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Awww! Congratulations Dovsmom!! I have been checking every hour or so lately waiting for your post. I just can't believe our babies are growing up so fast! I just looked at Asheby and tried to imagine him as a big brother. Wow.

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)
and another A due July 2015!!!!
#146 of 153 Old 01-29-2008, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow! Congratulations, Dov'sMom!

Gillian - Wife to an amazing DH, Mother to 5 wonderful kiddos.
#147 of 153 Old 01-29-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dov'sMom View Post
Yes, Dov is a big brother! Baby boy (to be named on Sunday) was born just before midnight on Saturday night, after somewhere between 24 and 36 hours of labor and just over an hour after we got to the hospital.

Dov is taking it overall better than I expected. He mostly wants to stroke the baby's head, face, and hands, and point and shout "baba!" (which is as close to a real word as he gets nowadays -- everything else he likes is "dada!"). He does not appreciate the fact that the new baby is nursing, though he's mostly okay if he gets to nurse too. At first he tried to pull my breast out of the baby's mouth, and then a couple of times he shoved the baby's head -- he figured out pretty quickly that I didn't like that, so now he sort of sneaks his foot up from behind and hetries to kick the baby's head away. But he's mostly affectionate. When someone is walking with a crying baby, he folds his arms across his chest and pretends he has one too. When the baby is done nursing (which almost always means is asleep) and I put him down, Dov runs over to try pick him up, which is NOT exactly appreciated, but very sweet, since he grabs him in his arms and cuddles.
Congrats! That's so cute about the nursing thing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPsSweetie View Post
Awww! Congratulation Dovsmom!! I have been checking every hour or so lately waiting for your post. I just can't believe our babies are growing up so fast! I just looked at Asheby and tried to imagine him as a big brother. Wow.
I know. I can't imagine Atticus being a big brother.

#148 of 153 Old 01-30-2008, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Question for all you mamas - would you like to continue THIS thread into February or shall we start a new thread like we always have?
#149 of 153 Old 01-30-2008, 01:36 PM

Start a new one, we don't want to break MDC with a large thread .

Congratulations Dov's mom! That is so cute with the nursing.
#150 of 153 Old 01-30-2008, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstella View Post
Start a new one, we don't want to break MDC with a large thread .
Is it my imagination, or has MDC been either down or REALLY slow lately???? What's up?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page