FS: One 2-year-old - dirt cheap - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 01-04-2008, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I second the idea of making a big deal when he DOESN'T do it. And giving him attention when he is exhibiting positive behaviors -i.e. anything BUT poo-painting. You may not think it's an attention thing but it's worth a try esp if this is his way of telling you he needs you.

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#32 of 43 Old 01-04-2008, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZ View Post
SOOoooooo how long were you a dookie-painter and what got you to stop?
I'd have to ask my mom about that. I know I also grabbed my poop out of the toilet and ran around the house with it because I didn't want it to be flushed. MAN, I need to get that woman a gift.
To the OP
#33 of 43 Old 01-04-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msiddiqi View Post
I'd have to ask my mom about that. I know I also grabbed my poop out of the toilet and ran around the house with it because I didn't want it to be flushed. MAN, I need to get that woman a gift.

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#34 of 43 Old 01-04-2008, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
To the OP
OMG : You totally owe your mom a box of chocolates.

Or perhaps not. :Puke

#35 of 43 Old 01-05-2008, 12:10 AM
DBZ

Quote:
To the OP
This has got to be the funniest thing I've read all week.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#36 of 43 Old 01-05-2008, 12:36 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I have nothing useful to add, since good advice has already been given, but since you seem in the mood for these stories, I'll share mine.

My mom recently told me that I smeared my poop all over my crib one time, when I was just under a year old. It was the night before we were moving from Japan to California, all of our furniture/bedding/etc. had already been packed and shipped, and the only thing left behind was my crib. So my poor parents were exhausted from packing, had no towels or cleaning supplies, and woke up on the morning of the big move to walk into my room and find a smiling baby covered in poop, sitting in the middle of a poopy crib. : I can't believe they still brought me with them after I put them through that!

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#37 of 43 Old 01-05-2008, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwahine View Post
i know ive seen them, but i cant find them anymore

this website though has some people saying to put the daiper and non footed sleepers on backwards. http://parents.berkeley.edu/advice/potty/diaperoff.html
We just put non-footy ones on backwards. I also switched to motherease diaper wraps with snaps instead of velcro, but she got the hang of those pretty quickly. Thankfully she's just a nudist, not a poop smearer. My heart goes out to you.

Diane, SAHM to DD (June 05) and DS (April 07).
::::
#38 of 43 Old 01-05-2008, 01:24 AM

Have you tried this type of one piece outfit? Nudist DS tends to stay in them unlike other clothes.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#39 of 43 Old 01-05-2008, 03:26 AM

What about using a belt? (for his pants, not his heinie )
Maybe that way you can keep him in his normal clothes yet still limit his access?

G/L!

<3 Dena

Wife to M 4.04 and Mama to hopmad.gifJ the activist 5.06, superhero.gifSammy Tsunami 12.09, and stork-girl.gif  coming soon!

#40 of 43 Old 01-05-2008, 03:38 AM

I second the pp who said you can use a safety pin. My dd, when she was around 18 months, learned to unzip her pajamas and got naked one night. Thank goodness she only peed all over her crib, but we started putting her in feety pajamas with a safety pin through the zip-up part and that kept her dressed. You can cut the feet parts off if they cause a problem; when I was a kid we always ended up cutting the feet off of our pajamas because we were too hot.

Good luck finding something that works for you!
#41 of 43 Old 01-05-2008, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaLa View Post
I second the pp who said you can use a safety pin. My dd, when she was around 18 months, learned to unzip her pajamas and got naked one night. Thank goodness she only peed all over her crib, but we started putting her in feety pajamas with a safety pin through the zip-up part and that kept her dressed. You can cut the feet parts off if they cause a problem; when I was a kid we always ended up cutting the feet off of our pajamas because we were too hot.

Good luck finding something that works for you!
you can buy ones without feet as well, either from hanna anderson or childrens place etc
#42 of 43 Old 01-05-2008, 05:28 AM

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#43 of 43 Old 01-05-2008, 01:26 PM

Jumping in late here - but I would totally use duct tape. As a PP said, it's not on skin, just on the diaper. And I am thinking that after a period of being unable to take the diaper off, the habit may be broken.

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page