FS: One 2-year-old - dirt cheap - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
Life with a Toddler > FS: One 2-year-old - dirt cheap
ryansma's Avatar ryansma 12:21 AM 01-05-2008
I second the idea of making a big deal when he DOESN'T do it. And giving him attention when he is exhibiting positive behaviors -i.e. anything BUT poo-painting. You may not think it's an attention thing but it's worth a try esp if this is his way of telling you he needs you.

msiddiqi's Avatar msiddiqi 12:22 AM 01-05-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZ View Post
SOOoooooo how long were you a dookie-painter and what got you to stop?
I'd have to ask my mom about that. I know I also grabbed my poop out of the toilet and ran around the house with it because I didn't want it to be flushed. MAN, I need to get that woman a gift.
To the OP
ryansma's Avatar ryansma 12:31 AM 01-05-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by msiddiqi View Post
I'd have to ask my mom about that. I know I also grabbed my poop out of the toilet and ran around the house with it because I didn't want it to be flushed. MAN, I need to get that woman a gift.

DreamsInDigital's Avatar DreamsInDigital 12:34 AM 01-05-2008
Quote:
To the OP
OMG : You totally owe your mom a box of chocolates.

Or perhaps not. :Puke

DBZ's Avatar DBZ 01:10 AM 01-05-2008
Quote:
To the OP
This has got to be the funniest thing I've read all week.
limabean's Avatar limabean 01:36 AM 01-05-2008
I have nothing useful to add, since good advice has already been given, but since you seem in the mood for these stories, I'll share mine.

My mom recently told me that I smeared my poop all over my crib one time, when I was just under a year old. It was the night before we were moving from Japan to California, all of our furniture/bedding/etc. had already been packed and shipped, and the only thing left behind was my crib. So my poor parents were exhausted from packing, had no towels or cleaning supplies, and woke up on the morning of the big move to walk into my room and find a smiling baby covered in poop, sitting in the middle of a poopy crib. : I can't believe they still brought me with them after I put them through that!
Vancouver Mommy's Avatar Vancouver Mommy 01:41 AM 01-05-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwahine View Post
i know ive seen them, but i cant find them anymore

this website though has some people saying to put the daiper and non footed sleepers on backwards. http://parents.berkeley.edu/advice/potty/diaperoff.html
We just put non-footy ones on backwards. I also switched to motherease diaper wraps with snaps instead of velcro, but she got the hang of those pretty quickly. Thankfully she's just a nudist, not a poop smearer. My heart goes out to you.
eepster's Avatar eepster 02:24 AM 01-05-2008
Have you tried this type of one piece outfit? Nudist DS tends to stay in them unlike other clothes.
DklovesMkandJK's Avatar DklovesMkandJK 04:26 AM 01-05-2008
What about using a belt? (for his pants, not his heinie )
Maybe that way you can keep him in his normal clothes yet still limit his access?

G/L!
LaLaLaLa's Avatar LaLaLaLa 04:38 AM 01-05-2008
I second the pp who said you can use a safety pin. My dd, when she was around 18 months, learned to unzip her pajamas and got naked one night. Thank goodness she only peed all over her crib, but we started putting her in feety pajamas with a safety pin through the zip-up part and that kept her dressed. You can cut the feet parts off if they cause a problem; when I was a kid we always ended up cutting the feet off of our pajamas because we were too hot.

Good luck finding something that works for you!
wonderwahine's Avatar wonderwahine 04:48 AM 01-05-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaLa View Post
I second the pp who said you can use a safety pin. My dd, when she was around 18 months, learned to unzip her pajamas and got naked one night. Thank goodness she only peed all over her crib, but we started putting her in feety pajamas with a safety pin through the zip-up part and that kept her dressed. You can cut the feet parts off if they cause a problem; when I was a kid we always ended up cutting the feet off of our pajamas because we were too hot.

Good luck finding something that works for you!
you can buy ones without feet as well, either from hanna anderson or childrens place etc
flapjack's Avatar flapjack 06:28 AM 01-05-2008

Limabean1975's Avatar Limabean1975 02:26 PM 01-05-2008
Jumping in late here - but I would totally use duct tape. As a PP said, it's not on skin, just on the diaper. And I am thinking that after a period of being unable to take the diaper off, the habit may be broken.
1  2

Up