Diaper Bag recommendation for a toddler and newborn - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-11-2008, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am expecting at the end of the month and need to get a new diaper bag to hold the things I need for my toddler and newborn. Can anyone recommend a great bag?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2008, 12:08 PM

We have used one of the Columbia backpack style diaper bags for the last 2 years. It's held up really well, and I've never had an issue with not enough room (we cd also).

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
Old 01-13-2008, 12:18 AM

We used a jansport/eastsport backpack, it had two large and one small zipper pouch, the side of the backpack had a place for bottles, and we were able to through keys/wallet/cellphone, etc for us. HTH
Old 01-16-2008, 02:20 AM

I just ordered a bag from Mom About Town (www.momabouttown.com) because I have a toddler and one on the way also. It hasn't come in yet, so I can't say how well it works. But it was mentioned in the latest Kiwi Magazine in their Gift Guide, which is how I found it. It appears to have been made specifically with cding in mind, becuase it comes with a wet bag. That and the owner told me she used cloth with her kids and that's why she designed the bag. So...yeah. Check it out.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:50 AM

I have used this one:
http://www.fleurville.com/products/sling_tote.html

I got it when DS was 2 months old. DD was 16 months old at the time. I have used it for over 2 years now. We CD, and it has been wonderful. Holds tons! It is very durable, and still looks brand new.

Mom to 2 wonderful little MDB's
Old 01-16-2008, 04:54 AM

I have a Timi & Leslie http://www.timiandleslie.com/ large Bebe bag that I adore! Its vinyl coated so all those spills and grubby fingerprints just wipe off. Lots of room, lots of compartments and it comes with a matching diaper mat. I always get compliments with it, everyone thinks its just a big purse. Its pricy, but its lasted 3 years so far with no signs of giving up.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:09 PM

Baby Sherpa. It's the best bag in the world ( in my humble opinion ) It has a soft cooler on the bottom for snacks. When I'm going out for the day I'll thrown in a small icepack and some snacks. ( which toddlers always need when out and about) and lots of room in the top. Pockets on the side and a drink holder. Google it and check out the website. It's the best backpack/diaper bag I've ever invested in ! I think the website is babysherpa.com .
Old 01-16-2008, 03:13 PM

I love my mama's dream bag I ordered from ModSacks. It is cool, washable fabric (it says dry clean, but I washed mine with no problem)- with one big center compartment with 4 pockets lining the inside and 6 pockets along the outside. Enough room for CD's - a change of clothes for each kid, and I use the pockets for misc toys, teething tablets, and areas to put my cell, keys, wallet, lipgloss, etc. The only thing is I wish it zipped up to keep everything inside - other than that - I love it. I had her specially make me one with straps a little longer too...

namaste.gif
Chelsea - proud mama of my Rosie 7/05 and Sammy 7/07   homebirth.jpgnovaxnocirc.gif
Old 01-16-2008, 03:20 PM

For a great, inexpensive, well-made, durable and LARGE diaper bag, I can't say enough about Land's End! They have awesome customer service, too!

I have been using this bag for nearly 4 years, and it still looks practically brand-new. It also includes an interior removable pouch, a zippered wetbag, and a really great changing pad--the largest I've seen in any diaper bag--large enough to change a toddler without them hanging off!

Love it love it love it!

Their color options are a bit limited right now--usually they have five or six to choose from!

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
Old 01-16-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheBear View Post
For a great, inexpensive, well-made, durable and LARGE diaper bag, I can't say enough about Land's End! They have awesome customer service, too!

I have been using this bag for nearly 4 years, and it still looks practically brand-new. It also includes an interior removable pouch, a zippered wetbag, and a really great changing pad--the largest I've seen in any diaper bag--large enough to change a toddler without them hanging off!

Love it love it love it!

Their color options are a bit limited right now--usually they have five or six to choose from!

We have this one too...and we can't stand it. It is too bulky and too hard to carry. It doesn't fit in our stroller and it gets REALLY heavy if you aren't careful about putting too much in it. We are in the market for a new bag.

We've had it since DS was born in November of 05. We also have the smaller one they sell and it's great for one, but won't work for two.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:17 PM

LOL, I can see that it would be difficult to fit in a stroller. We don't even have a stroller, so it's just not an issue for us. And big? Oh yeah! But it's the only one we've found that works great for an all-day trip with 2 in diapers! I have a small cute tote bag that I made, and on the (few!) occasions that I'm out for just a short time, with just one child, I carry that instead.

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~

User Tag List