Mothering Forum banner

velcro hair barrettes for superfine baby hair?

8K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  aiea 
#1 ·
Hi all,

DD is 17 mos w/ very fine hair just long enough to put up. Is there such a thing as velcro barrettes? I put a bit of velcro in her hair today and it held just fine, but it's hard to put in place... some kind of a hinged velcro "clip" would work better.

I don't want to use clip barrettes as they are very heavy compared to her fine hair - I think they'll drag themselves down & out of her hair, or she'll find them and pull them out. She didn't notice my improvised velcro "barrette" as it was so lightweight.

Ideas? TIA

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi dawncayden,

Thanks for the reply. I had not heard of a magnet barrette but looked a couple up online. They look kind of heavy and like they would have a hard closure (vs the "soft" fuzzy closure of my velcro idea). Are they heavy/hard in your experience?

I guess "heavy" is relative, though... Even the little colorful cheap plastic barrettes with animals on them (bird, teddy bear, etc) are heavy in DD's hair.

#6 ·
Thanks all,

I love the cute No Slippys but may have to wait til she's got enough hair in front for that. Right now tiny short ponytails are all we can muster.
I'll check out Claire's... I know there's one about an hour from us.

Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.