training pants question - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-05-2003, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dd has just started going on her potty by herself (yippy! ) Well now I'm not sure what to do. She started this all on her own before I could prepare! So now we're thinking about training pants. At home she's just half naked. When we go out I'd like her to have the same sense of freedom to got to the potty like home, but when I put diapers on her she gets mad. We've been doing disposables since she was born for lack on laundry at home. Now that she's going in the potty more we're thinking of cloth.
What are some good training/pull-up type pants? They need to be somewhat absorbant since she's just started.
Thanks for any info

mama to beautiful Sequoia
#2 of 4 Old 09-05-2003, 05:11 PM

Just pull ups would be fine I think. When you go out you can hit most of the bathrooms on your way. Like with my dd I take her to Target and we go to the bathroom as soon as we enter the store, and again on the way out if I've been in there awhile.

If I expect her to poop I'll do a pull up but if she's already pooped that day I'll put her in cotton training pants if we aren't going to be gone too long. If we are gone more than 90 min. I use a pull up instead. I keep a variety of things in the diaper bag: diapers, pull-ups, and cotton trainers (plus a plastic bag to put them in if we have accidents).

Darshani

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#3 of 4 Old 09-06-2003, 10:24 PM

I used pull-ups on DD to begin with and she thought they were just another diaper. She also only really used sposies. So I am just letting her not wear anything when we went out for short trips. Because it has been warm it is not a huge issue because all of her dresses had pull pants with them Now that it is getting colder if it is a short trip I have some really thin shorts for her to put on. If it is a longer trip like beyond and hour I have pull- ups for her. But like I said she thinks they are diapers. I try to ask her like every 20 minutes if she has to go potty.
#4 of 4 Old 09-07-2003, 04:48 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Some of the cloth diapering companies make what seem like really nice training pants. I was considering them but then I found the standard training underwear for my daughter and they work great. If you don't know what I mean I can find a photo. They catch the pee or poop long enough to make a quick change but you will always have to change the pants also. One tip, there are a few places with mini toilets where I live and that gave me an idea to tell my daughter that they (the new place we are in, where she will need to use the toilet) has a “baby toilet”. It has worked wonders! I always say, “Let’s look…oh! Yay! They have one! It’s a baby toilet!” Unfortunately, I must use these strategies because our daughter won’t pee outside.

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page