whats your toddlers fave shoe?brand? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 03-14-2008, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
do you have a pic of it? i wanna buy some shoes for my 14 month old... any recommendations would be great!
#2 of 14 Old 03-14-2008, 11:48 AM

For my 13 mo DD we have Robeez. She's not walking yet and they are super flexible, almost like a really tough sock

When she starts walking and the weather is warmer I think we'll go to See Kai Run.

Mama to my beautiful Ana Carolina (2/07), Isabel Cristina (6/10), and #3 on the way in August 2013!

#3 of 14 Old 03-14-2008, 11:57 AM

DS also wears Robeez... well, the ones we bought at Target. They don't seem quite as slip-proof but work well outside. He's been walking a little over a month. They are fine for outside, too. We plan on using these or similar (maybe pedipeds?) until he's muuuch older... since he just falls on his face with his specially-fitted, stage 2 Stride Rites (the soles are still a little too hard, and he also trips b/c they are rubber not leather and they "stick" when he takes a step... hard to explain).

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

#4 of 14 Old 03-14-2008, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

know where i can get them for the best price??? or maybe discount codes?
#5 of 14 Old 03-14-2008, 12:10 PM

the best price for the soft shoes is probably target. i think they're around $12. and they have some really cute ones. dd loved her soft shoes.
we also got her some knock-off crocks at payless for around $12 for running around in muddy areas or wading through the creek. she loved these cuz she could easily put them on and take them off and i think they were really comfy on her feet. she picks what shoes she wants to wear and she always chose the crocks.

treehugger.gif river and mountain mama to two amazing dust.gif girls, homebirth.jpg 8.25.05 and h20homebirth.gif 1.13.08, and married to my soulmate of 18 yrs partners.gif

#6 of 14 Old 03-14-2008, 01:29 PM

our son wore bobux until he could walk and then we got him some pedipeds. I love the pedipeds because they still have a soft sole so it's easier to walk in, but it's not so soft where I'm worried about him walking on rocks and the like, ykwim? I think once the weather warms up we'll get him some crocks too.
#7 of 14 Old 03-14-2008, 01:31 PM

Pedipeds rock! And they just released their larger size line. Endless.com carries them and they have $-5 overnight shipping sometimes (they pay you $5 to ship it overnight
#8 of 14 Old 03-14-2008, 02:58 PM

We have 2 pairs of Robeez that ds wears....I want to get him some more. They are awesome.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#9 of 14 Old 03-14-2008, 06:02 PM

We love Pedipeds too. But ds had gotten too big for the Originals so I just got him a pair of Flex and I them. You can see them here. The only place you can order the Flex right now is from their website but I am sure that will change.

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#10 of 14 Old 03-14-2008, 07:06 PM

My ds loves his Livie and Luca elephant shoes. I can't say enough good things about them.
#11 of 14 Old 03-14-2008, 07:30 PM

Pedipeds when he was first learning to walk, then See Kai Run once he was really booking it, and now we have SKR, Keen, Stride Rite. He likes all of them, although he likes the look of his Keen sandals and the way they have a little elastic thing on the top to tug on.

ebay tends to have some great deals on used shoes if you are willing to wait

Erin sharing life with a burly husband and two rad boys 7/06 & 5/09 : : Zone 9-ish
#12 of 14 Old 03-14-2008, 07:59 PM

Robeez, Pedipeds, and StrideRites. First we start with the Robeez, then Pedipeds for a little more support. Something with a solid bottom is needed around here with the rainy weather as well. We also get shoes from Target.

Amazing Mama Birth Services
CD(DONA) and Birthing From Within Mentor and Birth Doula
#13 of 14 Old 03-14-2008, 08:13 PM

www.softstarshoes.com makes WONDERFUL toddler and childrens shoes of many styles. I have bought 3 pairs from them-two moccasins and one pair of regular shoes. The regular shoes are very soft and bend right in half. This is a great company with a good goal in mind-the environment. They sell leather and vegan as well.

Living the Joyful life as a mama of three beautiful children who are just right the way they are.

I blog at www.saboss.blogspot.com chicken3.gif

#14 of 14 Old 03-14-2008, 08:28 PM
ssh

My dd's feet are very wide. See Kai Run are the only shoes that fit. She finds them very comfortable. Here's a link http://www.seekairun.com/index.html . It seems you can order direct now. Ebay might be a little cheaper.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page