Toddler steps? - Mothering Forums
Life with a Toddler > Toddler steps?
ann_of_loxley's Avatar ann_of_loxley 08:34 PM 03-18-2008
Maybe its just me - but I feel that most toddler steps (for like use in the bathroom so they can reach the sink, etc) are just not...high enough! And my son is quite tall for his age! (hes 100cm).... Or anyone else find this?
I was looking at the Bjorn steps but they are just not high enough.
Today I just used the washing basket flipped upside down lol...

So... Does anyone know of a good toddler step, safely suitable for bathroom use - that isnt so ...short???

speedknitter's Avatar speedknitter 08:38 PM 03-18-2008
I got one at Target that has two steps, and also the lid to the top step flips up and it has a little storage compartment. One day ALL the toothbrushes in the house were missing and guess where I found them!

Heres the link, they come in lots of colors:
http://www.target.com/Step-Stool-wit...20stool&page=1
wombatclay's Avatar wombatclay 08:43 PM 03-18-2008

We ave the Target two step one as well... it's a lot "taller" than other steps and the only one that really worked with dd1. But do check the top step storage area frequently... you never know what will wind up in there.
ann_of_loxley's Avatar ann_of_loxley 08:44 PM 03-18-2008
lol thats funny because I just googled 'toddler step stool' and the ones from Target came up and I thought 'wow! - they have loads!'.... if only we had a Target in this country ...They even have a cars toilet seat! - Not that my son needs another toilet seat but he would love it! lol
SundayCrepes's Avatar SundayCrepes 08:47 PM 03-18-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedknitter View Post
I got one at Target that has two steps, and also the lid to the top step flips up and it has a little storage compartment.

Heres the link, they come in lots of colors:
http://www.target.com/Step-Stool-wit...20stool&page=1
We have the same one in our bathroom. It's great.

Have you seen the Learning Tower for in the kitchen? Way expensive, but really worth it. We use it multiple times a day. We got the puppet theater. I don't know if we'll ever use it, but it was only $20 when I ordered it.
http://www.amazon.com/Little-Partner...ductPromotions

The learning towers rarely go on sale, though they sometimes do. They're hard to find used on craigslist or ebay, though sometimes you see them. If you google them you might be lucky enough to find one on sale. Keep in mind whether shipping is free or not.
crazydiamond's Avatar crazydiamond 09:01 PM 03-18-2008
We've got the same Target step stool! We've got 2, in fact. Love them! Plus, I like the fact that they are wooden, not plastic.

I do agree about checking the storage area. . .it's now the first place I look when something goes "missing". LOL
crazydiamond's Avatar crazydiamond 09:05 PM 03-18-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
lol thats funny because I just googled 'toddler step stool' and the ones from Target came up and I thought 'wow! - they have loads!'.... if only we had a Target in this country ...They even have a cars toilet seat! - Not that my son needs another toilet seat but he would love it! lol
Maybe check out some unfinished wood furniture-type or woodcrafter's places? We have several here that have stools like the one Target has. . .you just may have to sand and paint/stain it yourself.

Also, the stools are pretty easy to make, so you might be able to find a local carpenter who'd be willing to make one up for you. My dad has just started learning wood crafting (retirement hobby) and he made a similar stool for their house, so I know it doesn't take a ton of experience.
Up