Know any good "TRUCK" movies? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-27-2008, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS (18 months) has no interest in TV. I know, we're lucky and should be thankful! But there are times when I would love him to just sit down and pay attention to something else, other than needing constant play with mommy / daddy. He LOVES trucks. I was wondering if anyone knows of a short DVD or movie for kids that does nothing but, for example, show a construction site working, and talk about what trucks are doing what. Simple words, like "the backhoe picks up rocks and dirt and dumps them into the dump truck". As he loves to watch real trucks, and his attention is captured when, for example, the news does a story on a construction site, I thought this might work.

But we can't find anything like this anywhere! Does anyone know of any?
#2 of 6 Old 03-27-2008, 02:31 PM

My DS who is 17 months also loves trucks. He drives his trucks everywhere! Even on my head when I was sick last month. The only thing that works for us is Baby Einstein. If I see any truck dvds I'll let you know. I'm going to the library friday and they have tons of them.
#3 of 6 Old 03-27-2008, 02:49 PM

Go to www.amazon.com and type in "Big Machines" search in DVD titles. You will come up with quite a few options. I think we have this set http://www.amazon.com/DVD-Maximum-Ma...6639927&sr=1-4

Bugs me that they say "boys love big machines" because I'm convinced my daughter is the only 3 year old who can tell you the difference between a backhoe, an excavator, a grader and a crane. with 100% accuracy. boys shmoys
#4 of 6 Old 03-27-2008, 02:56 PM

There Goes a Truck
There Goes a Bulldozer
There Goes a Fire Truck
There Goes a Garbage Truck
There Goes a Tractor
There Goes a Train
There Goes a Boat

Real Life Giant Construction Equipment for Kids

Hard Hat Harry has a whole series about trucks (Construction equipment, farm equipment, etc.)

Yes, we own them all! (Though to be honest, ds doesn't watch them much any more.)

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
#5 of 6 Old 03-27-2008, 02:57 PM

Mighty Machines is a Canadian show that runs on Treehouse TV. Here is a link to buy DVDs. My 2yo girl likes this show. They do shows on trucks, airplanes, buses, trains, at the ski hill, in a salt mine, boats, if there's big equipment, they've done an episode about it!

http://www.mastermindtoys.com/store/...cat=22&brand=0 - this is a Canadian link

Edited that I noticed you were in Canada, so I didn't need the additional US link. If you have cable TV with treehouse, you could probably record some episodes
#6 of 6 Old 03-27-2008, 02:59 PM

Personally, I would wait until 24 months for any screen time.

But, we have This movie, "Road Contruction Ahead," and my twins were quite into it for a while, between 2 and 3 (though one of them was scared of the part where a mountain gets blown up by dynamite to make way for the road).

HTH!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page