~*~*~* Nov 2006 Mamas - WELCOME to MAY - 1 1/2 years old!!! *~*~*~ - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#91 of 367 Old 05-07-2008, 03:41 PM
 
katiedidbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypixiemama View Post
Congratulations, senior members!! Any tips for those of us lagging pitifully behind?
Post everywhere and about everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypixiemama View Post
LOL! See in real life, I get told I talk a little bit too much. I wonder why I censor myself online - it is supposed to be the opposite!

Hey, how bruised up are all your little ones? DD is such a climber that her shinds are a MESS!

Anyone try arnica on their little ones? Is it safe for children? I have some but haven't used it yet.

Have a great night!
Atticus is always bruised. I have used Arnica and really liked it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightCommando View Post
We have a bruiser too and arnica has worked great.

MPSsweetie - it's a fight to get DD to come inside too. Although it causes a stir, I'm glad that she is an 'outside kid' KWIM? I'd cry if I had a child who wanted to be inside all the time.

We are weaned It has been hard on us all but DD's handling better than expected. The days were easy, the nights were something else. I was convinced that co-sleeping and weaning couldn't happen but it has so I am thankful. I am happy knowing that we lasted 18 months, although I feel a tinge of sadness about the issue but then I remind myself why I wanted to wean in the first place. DD has since developed a great affinity to a blanket (binkit as she calls it) and we've settled into a nice night-time routine with yogurt, ice water (won't drink water w/out ice) and reading stories in bed.

Do we have any fellow runners in the group? DD seems to think it's a game to starting running towards the road and I have to run after her. Usually, we've found that by not acknowledging her less-than-desirable behaviors will usually quell them. BUT - I can't not run after her since I don't want her to go in the road. How should I be handling this? I want her to realize that running in or near the road is unacceptable. Most of the time we are in the backyard, which is fenced, but we do spend a bit of time in the front yard. Fortunately, we live on a cul-de-sac with one other house and zero traffic but she needs to know that no road is safe.
Hugs about the weaning. Congrats for making it 18 mos. Umm, yes, Atticus runs non-stop. I really just run after him. Of course it makes him want to run more, but I just can't risk it, kwim?

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
katiedidbug is offline  
#92 of 367 Old 05-07-2008, 04:00 PM
 
angrypixiemama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CNY
Posts: 663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fiona is a runner too, and it terrifies me how fast she is. In fact, it is part of my consideration about leaving her with people.

For example, some of my older relatives want to watch her, but they live near a lake. DD is way too fast for them to catch her if she went running for it. I know it seems a little overcautious, but....

Jill :, partner to DH:, mother to DD 11/06 :, DD 2/2010 .
angrypixiemama is offline  
#93 of 367 Old 05-07-2008, 04:02 PM
 
katiedidbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's def not overcautious. Water is so scary. Especially if older, slower people are in charge. No offense...But no one knows how to keep up w/ your DD like you do, kwim?

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
katiedidbug is offline  
#94 of 367 Old 05-07-2008, 05:08 PM
 
MidnightCommando's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Esto Perpetua
Posts: 1,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
Hugs about the weaning. Congrats for making it 18 mos.


thank you

Quote:
Umm, yes, Atticus runs non-stop. I really just run after him. Of course it makes him want to run more, but I just can't risk it, kwim?
Yeah, and if you don't run after them and they still end up in the road, what do you do? It seems like bad news either way. I just don't know how to handle it.

It hasn't happened yet but I worry about her running on the property next to us where there is an irrigation canal. this worries me more than the road since the water moves very fast and DD is obsessed with water of any kind. It's a good thing DP built a fence last summer but we can't spend all of our time in the backward.

let the gray hairs commence

\m/

MidnightCommando is offline  
#95 of 367 Old 05-07-2008, 05:13 PM
 
superstella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere untangling my mind
Posts: 4,371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
katie - I just noticed upir sig and wanted to say wow and congrats! 40+ lbs is awesome!

Ita about the water, that's just sensible not overbearing. Homer won't stay with anyone else at the moment besdes me, dh, or dd/ds(she's 12 he's 16).

I'm glad Homer is not a runner so far because I wouldn't be able to catch him with this stupid lung disease. His older brother was at this age (my 4yo) but I wasn't so sick then and could keep up.

Midnightcommando I know what you mean about .

Homer almost fell off the slide today, gave me a heart attack. Thankfully his brother held him until I got there. So yea on the bruising, he's a daredevil all right.
superstella is offline  
#96 of 367 Old 05-07-2008, 05:22 PM
 
katiedidbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks. Now I just need to get pg to get nice and big again.

The almost falling off the slide would freak me out. I can just imagine my heart stopping.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
katiedidbug is offline  
#97 of 367 Old 05-07-2008, 05:31 PM
 
MidnightCommando's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Esto Perpetua
Posts: 1,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
superstella - not being nosy but have you started chemo? My dad needs to start in a few weeks and they're using doxetacel (?sp) and a new one that starts with an "a" I can't remember the name.

\m/

MidnightCommando is offline  
#98 of 367 Old 05-07-2008, 06:11 PM
 
superstella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere untangling my mind
Posts: 4,371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes I've started. I'm on azithioprine, might that be what your dad will be starting on? Not sure how new it is. to you and your dad for having to go through it. My side effects are not so bad just yet (nausea mostly) but I understand that they are cumulative and likely to be worse the longer I take the drugs. I hope the rest of the side effects leave me alone! Hope it helps your dad and that his side effects are mild too.
superstella is offline  
#99 of 367 Old 05-07-2008, 06:22 PM
 
MidnightCommando's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Esto Perpetua
Posts: 1,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstella View Post
Yes I've started. I'm on azithioprine, might that be what your dad will be starting on? Not sure how new it is. to you and your dad for having to go through it. My side effects are not so bad just yet (nausea mostly) but I understand that they are cumulative and likely to be worse the longer I take the drugs. I hope the rest of the side effects leave me alone! Hope it helps your dad and that his side effects are mild too.
that doesn't sound familiar. it does something targeting the blood flow to tumors. it's not listed for prostate cancer but he taking it as part of a trial (good thing since it costs ~90K/year for it)

I have to ask - what does your siggy mean? I've been trying to figure it out for months : Is it hot dogs?

\m/

MidnightCommando is offline  
#100 of 367 Old 05-07-2008, 07:27 PM
 
katiedidbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstella View Post
Yes I've started. I'm on azithioprine, might that be what your dad will be starting on? Not sure how new it is. to you and your dad for having to go through it. My side effects are not so bad just yet (nausea mostly) but I understand that they are cumulative and likely to be worse the longer I take the drugs. I hope the rest of the side effects leave me alone! Hope it helps your dad and that his side effects are mild too.
I'm definitely sending happy thoughts your way, and to your dad's way, too, MidnightCommando.
superstella, please keep us updated.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
katiedidbug is offline  
#101 of 367 Old 05-07-2008, 07:58 PM
 
superstella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere untangling my mind
Posts: 4,371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightCommando View Post
I have to ask - what does your siggy mean? I've been trying to figure it out for months : Is it hot dogs?
: I've just been waiting for someone, anyone to ask me about my siggy! I should have known around MDC it didn't seem *that* strange. It's just a particular quote that I absolutely LOVED from The Omnivore's Dilemma. I really wanted to remember it (it was some organic farmer talking about the way America eats, agribusiness, etc.) so I stuck it in my siggy. The "since 2005" is just there for good measure, totally made it up. .

Thanks for asking!
superstella is offline  
#102 of 367 Old 05-07-2008, 08:59 PM
 
angrypixiemama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CNY
Posts: 663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LOL!!! I thought it was hot dogs, too, or actual SPAM. I was trying not to feel to badly about the fact that the sitter gave my daughter a hot dog yesterday and she LOVED it. Sigh. It was the most she had eaten all week -that hot dog.

Jill :, partner to DH:, mother to DD 11/06 :, DD 2/2010 .
angrypixiemama is offline  
#103 of 367 Old 05-07-2008, 10:12 PM
 
katiedidbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstella View Post
: I've just been waiting for someone, anyone to ask me about my siggy! I should have known around MDC it didn't seem *that* strange. It's just a particular quote that I absolutely LOVED from The Omnivore's Dilemma. I really wanted to remember it (it was some organic farmer talking about the way America eats, agribusiness, etc.) so I stuck it in my siggy. The "since 2005" is just there for good measure, totally made it up. .

Thanks for asking!
LOL!!!! How funny! On another similar note, does your mom really wear cloth depends?
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypixiemama View Post
LOL!!! I thought it was hot dogs, too, or actual SPAM. I was trying not to feel to badly about the fact that the sitter gave my daughter a hot dog yesterday and she LOVED it. Sigh. It was the most she had eaten all week was that hot dog.
Well, I'm kinda there. The other day I made Atticus Kraft mac and cheese, and of course he loved it.
Anyone else wanna come clean with any sins?

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
katiedidbug is offline  
#104 of 367 Old 05-07-2008, 10:18 PM
 
angrypixiemama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CNY
Posts: 663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok. If we are really fessing up here....DD had an Oreo. You would have thought someone gave her a million dollars (we don't let her have a lot of stuff like that). She walked around the house with it, going " MMMMMMMM" at the top of her voice. Very cute. She also signed "Thank you!" about a million times.

Jill :, partner to DH:, mother to DD 11/06 :, DD 2/2010 .
angrypixiemama is offline  
#105 of 367 Old 05-07-2008, 10:23 PM
 
katiedidbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, besides the mac and cheese, I guess I could add another one.
Seriously ladies, don't ban me from MDC for this one. We were at the mall play place and Atticus has this "habit" of running away from me and leaving the enclosed play place area (you'd think they could get a freakin' gate or something, but I digress) So I see him run toward the exit, I was tired of chasing after him so I called his name and said Do you want a drink? And of course, what am I drinking? None other than a Starbuck's Frappucino. Yes, ladies a Starbucks Frappucino. So he had a few sips, immediately fell in love and started screaming when I wouldn't give him more. I didn't cave in, but I do feel bad for those few sips.
It's just so easy to be bad sometimes.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
katiedidbug is offline  
#106 of 367 Old 05-07-2008, 10:43 PM
 
superstella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere untangling my mind
Posts: 4,371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
LOL!!!! How funny! On another similar note, does your mom really wear cloth depends?
: Okay at least you mamas got my laughs in today. That came from a very funny exchange at CVS one day... So the cashier said something very funny, and my mom was laughing so hard (as was I) and Mom said, "Oh stop it, I'm an old lady and you all are going to make me pee my pants!"

Cashier: We have Depends for that, right over in aisle 2 (still laughing)
Mom: (guffawing and dying laughing now) Oh yes but my daughter here is such a hippie she only lets me wear cloth depends!

Or something very similar. It was very funny, we still laugh about it. But no, in reality she does not wear depends at all just yet (but when she does need them, you'd better believe I'll be sewing her some cloth ones!)

Okay, confession time. Homer loves Yoohoo. Chocolate junk. My dh somehow thinks this is an acceptable substitute for milk. It is a chocolate drink. I don't know how it found its way in my house, but he loved it. : But if I'm going to confess something I gave him, it has to be the chips from a few posts back. He now walks around alternating between "I want side (outside)" and "I want chips." Or "I want kawklit." Gawd we're healthy over here aren't we?
superstella is offline  
#107 of 367 Old 05-07-2008, 10:45 PM
 
katiedidbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstella View Post
: Okay at least you mamas got my laughs in today. That came from a very funny exchange at CVS one day... So the cashier said something very funny, and my mom was laughing so hard (as was I) and Mom said, "Oh stop it, I'm an old lady and you all are going to make me pee my pants!"

Cashier: We have Depends for that, right over in aisle 2 (still laughing)
Mom: (guffawing and dying laughing now) Oh yes but my daughter here is such a hippie she only lets me wear cloth depends!

Or something very similar. It was very funny, we still laugh about it. But no, in reality she does not wear depends at all just yet (but when she does need them, you'd better believe I'll be sewing her some cloth ones!)

Okay, confession time. Homer loves Yoohoo. Chocolate junk. My dh somehow thinks this is an acceptable substitute for milk. It is a chocolate drink. I don't know how it found its way in my house, but he loved it. : But if I'm going to confess something I gave him, it has to be the chips from a few posts back. He now walks around alternating between "I want side (outside)" and "I want chips." Or "I want kawklit." Gawd we're healthy over here aren't we?
Okay the cloth depends thing is pretty funny! It's good to know that we all have our secret food things. I'm glad I'm not the only NFL/AP mama who isn't 100% whole all the time.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
katiedidbug is offline  
#108 of 367 Old 05-07-2008, 11:09 PM
 
co op mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not even going to start down the road of confessions about food. I have to admit Magnus is getting the short end of the stick when it comes to food. Being he's the third he gets all kinds of craptastic foods.
co op mama is offline  
#109 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter
 
twogreencars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: palm trees & sun
Posts: 2,058
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstella View Post
The "since 2005" is just there for good measure, totally made it up. .
:
twogreencars is offline  
#110 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter
 
twogreencars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: palm trees & sun
Posts: 2,058
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Confession time - will you all still talk to me?


I've given DD chocolate chip cookies

DH gives her Viennese sausages - the kind that come out of tiny tins - she LOVES them.

...
twogreencars is offline  
#111 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 12:47 AM
 
abadine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't stop laughing, been catching up on the pages, hmmmm maybe I need to get one here more than every other day.

Eating... welllll Jovie (thats my November babies real name) eats most things, but her favourite atm are lollies... its awful, our 4yr old is still asking for a lolly whenever she does no 2 on the toilet, and we still give it to her so whenever she does one, Jovie comes running up, pointing to the cupboard & screaming. If we don't give her one, she will lay on the floor and kick her legs. So for now, we just give her a little one. Bad, I know but its my sanity lolly. Well... thats what I call it.

katiedidbug, yep I'm so not allowed to have anything like a frapacino anymore, I get jumped on & screamed at...

I made some horchata on Monday for my Cinco de Mayo party (teach Australians about good mexican food...) and both my girls are addicted!!! I'm glad its all gone now, I don't have to worry about that anymore.
abadine is offline  
#112 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 04:27 AM
 
AllisonR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstella View Post
katie - I just noticed upir sig and wanted to say wow and congrats! 40+ lbs is awesome!

Ita about the water, that's just sensible not overbearing. Homer won't stay with anyone else at the moment besdes me, dh, or dd/ds(she's 12 he's 16).

I'm glad Homer is not a runner so far because I wouldn't be able to catch him with this stupid lung disease. His older brother was at this age (my 4yo) but I wasn't so sick then and could keep up.

Midnightcommando I know what you mean about .

Homer almost fell off the slide today, gave me a heart attack. Thankfully his brother held him until I got there. So yea on the bruising, he's a daredevil all right.
Wow Katie! You ought to be proud of yourself. Wish I could say the same, but does not look like I'll be in my skinny pants by summer.

Stella - I hope the chemo is not too bad. I think the running thing is personality. DS was never a big runner. He would stop and wait for momma. DD laughs when I say stop and only runs faster.

Slides: I posted about this, but no one responded. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=891109 Even so, I still recommend the beam, if any of you have access. It is so FUN!

Ya'll are cracking me up with all the food your DCs eat. We had hot dogs on the grill yesterday.

I got my camera fixed! Come on momma's - post some pics!
AllisonR is offline  
#113 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 09:30 AM
 
superstella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere untangling my mind
Posts: 4,371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here is a link to Homer with my 4yo a week or two ago.

I don't know if I'm talking to some of you anymore . Hot dogs, lollies, chocolate chip cookies, frappacino... :. Oh, I did find the other day that Homer didn't like my meatballs. BUT, when I slathered them with ketchup he ate them all. Meatballs with ketchup. That's healthy, right?

I responded to your thread Allison. I didn't see it earlier, or I would have responded earlier!
superstella is offline  
#114 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 10:07 AM
 
katiedidbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by abadine View Post
I can't stop laughing, been catching up on the pages, hmmmm maybe I need to get one here more than every other day.

Eating... welllll Jovie (thats my November babies real name) eats most things, but her favourite atm are lollies... its awful, our 4yr old is still asking for a lolly whenever she does no 2 on the toilet, and we still give it to her so whenever she does one, Jovie comes running up, pointing to the cupboard & screaming. If we don't give her one, she will lay on the floor and kick her legs. So for now, we just give her a little one. Bad, I know but its my sanity lolly. Well... thats what I call it.

katiedidbug, yep I'm so not allowed to have anything like a frapacino anymore, I get jumped on & screamed at...

I made some horchata on Monday for my Cinco de Mayo party (teach Australians about good mexican food...) and both my girls are addicted!!! I'm glad its all gone now, I don't have to worry about that anymore.
What's horchata? Sounds yummy ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonR View Post
Wow Katie! You ought to be proud of yourself. Wish I could say the same, but does not look like I'll be in my skinny pants by summer.

Stella - I hope the chemo is not too bad. I think the running thing is personality. DS was never a big runner. He would stop and wait for momma. DD laughs when I say stop and only runs faster.

Slides: I posted about this, but no one responded. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=891109 Even so, I still recommend the beam, if any of you have access. It is so FUN!

Ya'll are cracking me up with all the food your DCs eat. We had hot dogs on the grill yesterday.

I got my camera fixed! Come on momma's - post some pics!
Thanks for the compliment! I posted a response to your slide post, too. I hate it when I post something and no one responds. It's kinda embarrasing, you know, like no one really wants to take the time to talk to me. So, I'm more than happy to respond to another Nov '06 mom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstella View Post
Here is a link to Homer with my 4yo a week or two ago.

I don't know if I'm talking to some of you anymore . Hot dogs, lollies, chocolate chip cookies, frappacino... :. Oh, I did find the other day that Homer didn't like my meatballs. BUT, when I slathered them with ketchup he ate them all. Meatballs with ketchup. That's healthy, right?

I responded to your thread Allison. I didn't see it earlier, or I would have responded earlier!
Yummm...ketchup. I could eat ketchup on everything, so I certainly understand where he's coming from.

Cute pic, too.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
katiedidbug is offline  
#115 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 11:35 AM
 
MidnightCommando's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Esto Perpetua
Posts: 1,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like confession time! We've been pretty good about food but DD loves sun chips wen I eat them. I've also been know to do a few kraft mac n cheese luches when I haven't shopped or am feeling lazy. I make myself feel better about it by stirring in frozen peas. She also thinks ketchup is not a condiment but a main course. I'll make sweet potato fries and give her ketchup to dip. She eats it with a spoon and asks for more.

I made cookies the other week (break and bake choc. chips) and DD wanted a bite. I gave her one and she spit it out and said 'icky'. I was amazed and relieved. We eat relatively healthy around here but I feel that making junk food or sweets forbidden will only make her want them more.

abadine - I want to know what horchata is too!

superstella - the omnivores dilemma is a book I've heard a lot about and it is on my to-read list. I'm reading a great book called 'woodswoman' right now. It was written by a woman who moved from NYC to the wilderness of the Adirondacks and lived off the grid for a long time. Very inspiring.

coop mama - I've heard that you become a bit more relaxed with each child. Is it b/c you are exhausted or that you just BTDT?

katiedidbug - keep on rocking on your weight loss. that is really something to be proud of. it is sooo hard to do and takes so much self-control (something I seem to be lacking)

Today is shaping up to be a fantastic day! DD went to bed at 9 last night (unheard of) and as of 8:21 a.m. right now - she is still sleeping. To top it off - she didn't wake me up once last night!!! Funny that I've been longing for an uninterrupted nights sleep and the first night she sleeps through the night - I kept waking up to see if she was o.k. It is my day to 'work from home' and my stimulus check came in. I think we are going to take a trip to lowes or home depot and go garden shopping for a fence, new wheelbarrow wheel and a few other fun things!

someday I'll get around to posting pics. in the meantime - keep 'em coming ladies! our November babes are the cutest!!!

\m/

MidnightCommando is offline  
#116 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 11:52 AM
 
co op mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Midnight Commando: LOL I have BTDT, I have older kids so it makes it more challenging it's like abadine said Magnus see the older kids having treats and he wants them too. At Easter he kept finding m+m's and although he didn't really eat them he would suck on them. So you know when everyone has a treat (which doesn't happen everyday) then he wants it too.

I'm not exhausted as in being tired but mentally for sure. My husband works in the Bay area and is often not home till 10:30 at night. He does get to work from home two days a week but Magnus is all about mom these days.especially if he has a choice
co op mama is offline  
#117 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 12:15 PM
 
MPsSweetie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 2,677
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank goodness for all the confessions! I'm glad we aren't the only ones who occassionally sneak a treat in. James and I are serious chocoholics, so we have some goodies around at all times. Asheby LOVES MMs. I try not to give him more than one a day, but he is so darn cute when he wants one. And we are just now finishing the last of our girl scout cookies, so he has eaten a few of those too. Oh, and we went on a picnic the other day at the Smokey Bear Days in a neighboring town. Well, he discovered Doritos... I couldn't keep his hand out of the bag.

But really!! We DO eat well around here, I promise! He also loves french onion soup, ettoufee (sp?), chili, veggies, garlic stuffed green olives, etc...

On another note, has anyone noticed how fast this thread is moving this month! Page 3 and its only the 8th of May, . I can't keep up with you girls lately!

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)
MPsSweetie is offline  
#118 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 12:24 PM
 
katiedidbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, another confession here...I started letting Atticus watch Sesame Street while I was taking a shower, and now he's OBSESSED w/ Elmo! Should I feel bad? I mean, he genuinely loves him. He has a few books, and I think it's so cute that he can point him out. Overall, I didn't want him to get indoctrinated in branding and stuff, but his like of "Melmo" seems really innocent. What are your guy's thoughts?

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
katiedidbug is offline  
#119 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 12:25 PM
 
katiedidbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPsSweetie View Post
Thank goodness for all the confessions! I'm glad we aren't the only ones who occassionally sneak a treat in. James and I are serious chocoholics, so we have some goodies around at all times. Asheby LOVES MMs. I try not to give him more than one a day, but he is so darn cute when he wants one. And we are just now finishing the last of our girl scout cookies, so he has eaten a few of those too. Oh, and we went on a picnic the other day at the Smokey Bear Days in a neighboring town. Well, he discovered Doritos... I couldn't keep his hand out of the bag.

But really!! We DO eat well around here, I promise! He also loves french onion soup, ettoufee (sp?), chili, veggies, garlic stuffed green olives, etc...

On another note, has anyone noticed how fast this thread is moving this month! Page 3 and its only the 8th of May, . I can't keep up with you girls lately!
Yeah, we've been really chatty this month. Good for us!!!! We just get along so well.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
katiedidbug is offline  
#120 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 12:37 PM
 
MidnightCommando's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Esto Perpetua
Posts: 1,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
So, another confession here...I started letting Atticus watch Sesame Street while I was taking a shower, and now he's OBSESSED w/ Elmo! Should I feel bad? I mean, he genuinely loves him. He has a few books, and I think it's so cute that he can point him out. Overall, I didn't want him to get indoctrinated in branding and stuff, but his like of "Melmo" seems really innocent. What are your guy's thoughts?
LOL - DD is an elmo fan too. We don't watch TV with her but for Christmas the inlaws gave her the tickle-me elmo and she LOVES it. Our neighbors heard of this and brought her over a plush elmo kids chair - which also laughs and vibrates. I approach these the same way with food. If you make it forbidden, they will want to seek it out more. Unless you live completely off the grid, there will be no way to shelter our LO's from the influx of ads and brands - especially when/if they start going to school. I don't think it is the worst 'brand' for a child since Sesame Street is a great program and promoted tolerance and positive values. Its the dora and other nick stuff I can't stomach. A little licensed character exposure won't hurt them.

I was raised "AP" where my parents limited TV, junk food, etc. But, I was allowed to watch sesame street, was obsessed with barbie and rainbow brite and my little ponies and mom brought home the occasional box of Trix cereal for a treat and I think I turned out alright.


BTW - it is 9:41 a.m. and DD is STILL ASLEEP! I don't know whether to do a happy dance or be worried

\m/

MidnightCommando is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off