~*~*~* Nov 2006 Mamas - WELCOME to MAY - 1 1/2 years old!!! *~*~*~ - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do a happy dance for sure!!! I love our Nov06 group I just wish we all lived close together so we could get the lo's together too. Wouldn't that be fun
#122 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 03:16 PM

Oh wow, I can't believe I just found this group today!
I've been hanging around MDC for a little while now (self-admitted birth junkie!) but somehow never managed to find this section lol!

Can I add Warren to the list? 11/17

I'll start with a confession too... DS has only ever had two types of candy - rockets and as of Monday, Smarties. I actually let the neighbors give him smarties and he LOVED them. I should have said no. But then again, a tiny box of smarties isn't going to kill him

And I'm fully ready to pull out the stash of rockets to encourage the potty training thing! If nothing else, getting down and up off the floor for poopy diaper changes is encouragement enough for me to crack down on the potty training issue! It just isn't getting any easier!

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

#123 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 03:45 PM

Welcome little grey mare! A new baby sister already on the way! I am surprised more of us aren't already pregnant, .

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)
#124 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightCommando View Post
LOL - DD is an elmo fan too. We don't watch TV with her but for Christmas the inlaws gave her the tickle-me elmo and she LOVES it. Our neighbors heard of this and brought her over a plush elmo kids chair - which also laughs and vibrates. I approach these the same way with food. If you make it forbidden, they will want to seek it out more. Unless you live completely off the grid, there will be no way to shelter our LO's from the influx of ads and brands - especially when/if they start going to school. I don't think it is the worst 'brand' for a child since Sesame Street is a great program and promoted tolerance and positive values. Its the dora and other nick stuff I can't stomach. A little licensed character exposure won't hurt them.

I was raised "AP" where my parents limited TV, junk food, etc. But, I was allowed to watch sesame street, was obsessed with barbie and rainbow brite and my little ponies and mom brought home the occasional box of Trix cereal for a treat and I think I turned out alright.

BTW - it is 9:41 a.m. and DD is STILL ASLEEP! I don't know whether to do a happy dance or be worried
Well, that makes me feel a bit better. And be overjoyed that your DD slept that long.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#125 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little grey mare View Post
Oh wow, I can't believe I just found this group today!
I've been hanging around MDC for a little while now (self-admitted birth junkie!) but somehow never managed to find this section lol!

Can I add Warren to the list? 11/17

I'll start with a confession too... DS has only ever had two types of candy - rockets and as of Monday, Smarties. I actually let the neighbors give him smarties and he LOVED them. I should have said no. But then again, a tiny box of smarties isn't going to kill him

And I'm fully ready to pull out the stash of rockets to encourage the potty training thing! If nothing else, getting down and up off the floor for poopy diaper changes is encouragement enough for me to crack down on the potty training issue! It just isn't getting any easier!
Welcome!!!!!!!

#126 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 06:01 PM

Welcome new Nov mama!

DD is a complete Elmo addict. It is sad, but she just loves him. My mother started it with some toys, and then DD happened to watch him once. Now it is MELMO this and MELMO that. We have to watch MELMO after her baths or there will be repercussions....the wailing, oh the wailing. But really, he is cute, and teaches some good things. He is always asking a baby's opinion about everything, and how cool is that? I mean, when do you see regular television babies get asked ANYTHING?

DD is also a big ketchup fan. She calls it "dip" and every food she gets she wants "dip" for it. I made her stop with the cheerios....even I have limits! LOL!

Jill :, partner to DH:, mother to DD 11/06 :, DD 2/2010 .
#127 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 07:32 PM

I'm thinking of buying him some Elmo videos, because he asks for him quite often, and we only actually get to watch Melmo a few times a week. Isn't it funny that both our LOs call him Melmo?

#128 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 07:58 PM

Fiona has a dvd with friendship, singing, and dancing as the themes on it. It is really quite cute, at least the first 50 times, LOL!!

It is sweet that they both say Melmo. She has a Melmo couch and a big stuffed Melmo that she had me put a diaper on.

#129 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 07:59 PM

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/11...t=ea89b9b4.pbw

A slideshow of mostly the youngest 2 although I think maybe perhaps there is one picture of my 7yo as well lol.

No Elmo here but I did mention Yo Gabba Gabba a while back didn't I? He asks for it all the time, and I hate that show. My 4yo likes Noggin (which I do too because it's commercial free yay) and he saw it on there one day.

Welcome littlegrey mare!
#130 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 11:26 PM

I just wanted to say hi.. i'm fairly new to the MDC boards and I was so excited when I saw the Nov 2006 Mamas group! My dd is a 11/06 baby (was born 11/24) and I can't believe she will be one and a half in a few weeks.
Crazy!
We are still co-sleeping and nursing. She signs a LOT (has over 20 signs) and says mama and dada when she wants to..and imitates a lot of the sounds we make too- but other than that doesn't have a lot of words yet. She had some medical issues during her first year that caused her to be a bit delayed with milestones though, but we are working on it.

So glad to be a part of this forum!!

Jen
#131 of 367 Old 05-08-2008, 11:29 PM

Welcome, Jen! You'll find that we're a pretty talkative group. Jump right in!
DS is no longer co-sleeping and nurses anywhere from 2-4 xs a day and two times at night. He does some signing, but not much. He's extremely talkative, though.

#132 of 367 Old 05-09-2008, 03:09 AM - Thread Starter

all new Nov 2006 mamas, little ones, and families

So glad you found us

Don't worry - - -I'll get you added to the list - - - I just need to set aside some time ...
#133 of 367 Old 05-09-2008, 11:29 AM

Well, Dh is going hunting (again, argh) this weekend, so I have another week of just me and Atticus. While it's fun, I have a new appreciation for single moms. I'm trying to plan a lot of fun things, like swimming at our family center, etc, but I'm running out of ideas to keep us occupied. Anyone have any ideas that are cheap or free.

#134 of 367 Old 05-09-2008, 11:34 AM

Oh, DH just called me. We got our economic stimulus $$$$ today!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!! We're going to pay off our car and buy some outside stuff. YAY!!!

#135 of 367 Old 05-09-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
Oh, DH just called me. We got our economic stimulus $$$$ today!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!! We're going to pay off our car and buy some outside stuff. YAY!!!

we were supposed to get ours today but nothing has appeared in our bank account thus far

Abbi started running a fever early (2 am) Thursday morning ranging from 100-103 and has been waking the last 2 nights crying. She seems to have swollen gums where all 4 eye teeth will be popping through. No fever today but still swollen so who knows. Do any of your lo's get fevers when they're teething?

Welcome to the new mamas and there babes

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

#136 of 367 Old 05-09-2008, 12:04 PM

No fever here, but I have heard of it happening.

#137 of 367 Old 05-09-2008, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by co op mama View Post
I'm not even going to start down the road of confessions about food. I have to admit Magnus is getting the short end of the stick when it comes to food. Being he's the third he gets all kinds of craptastic foods.
That's what we're dealing with now too. With DD1 and even DS we were very careful about what they ate. It's so much harder with Ella because she sees the older two having treats and she wants what they're having. She loves the mint chocolate Girl Guide cookies, which we have a lot of. Ella also loves yogurt or anything that resembles yogurt - sour cream, mayo, anything white and creamy. And black olives, she goes nuts with them and eats more than she probably should but she just loves them. I keep thinking that I should look up the nutritional value of black canned olives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPsSweetie View Post
Welcome little grey mare! A new baby sister already on the way! I am surprised more of us aren't already pregnant, .
I wish, it's not for lack of trying. At this point I'd even be happy to see AF just to know there was a chance.

Ella is just now getting interested in tv. Ours is in the basement and we spend most of our time on the main floor so it's been easier to keep her from getting too hooked. She has started to go down with her older siblings to watch some of the after-school programming though and has learned how to turn it on by herself. We always leave the tv on the channel for TVOntario (our public service channel). The kids like those shows, there's no advertising and they're age-appropriate.

Gillian - Wife to an amazing DH, Mother to 4 wonderful kiddos . . . and now another on the way.
#138 of 367 Old 05-09-2008, 12:50 PM

Hi ladies! My confession is YouTube. Sigh...there is a Fatboy Slim video, a remake of the Joker (Steve ****** Band). It's ALL KITTENS. A friend sent this to me and I thought, how cute, music and kittens (her favorites), she'll love it. This was a vast understatement. If anyone puts it on (like DH or, I admit, me to keep her occupied for a few) she wants to see it over and over and over. She'll say, "ahhh!" a lot, signs kitty, says "maow, maow." It's hilarious, but weird how enraptured she is with it. I usually have to take her outside to break the cycle. LOL

Crunchy mama to my beans (11/06 and 6/04): and with DH since '02. Expected a May flower and got a June bug!
#139 of 367 Old 05-09-2008, 12:51 PM

Mama2Bean, link please. I want to see if Atticus has a reaction to the kittens.

#140 of 367 Old 05-09-2008, 01:03 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgk9ouBuj-4

be careful what u wish for!

Crunchy mama to my beans (11/06 and 6/04): and with DH since '02. Expected a May flower and got a June bug!
#141 of 367 Old 05-09-2008, 01:12 PM

Oh lordy, it started playing when I was getting the link. The addiction is sparked again. LOL Oh, I should also say that the song features Bootsy Collins. There is no way it could get cooler!

#142 of 367 Old 05-09-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Bean View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgk9ouBuj-4

be careful what u wish for!

so i grabbed abbi up and hit play, and she loved it...we had to watch it twice! she was dancing on my lap and everytime a new group of kittens would come on she would say "ahhhhhh, kitty!!" and when the ducks (her fav animal at the moment) came on she really went crazy "ducks, mama, ducks!!"

thanks for sharing

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

#143 of 367 Old 05-09-2008, 06:18 PM

So I've been slow at work today and have been looking at photos from DD's birth up until recently. I CANNOT believe it is the same child!! That tiny, bald, blotchy, pimply child is DD.

wow. they really do grow up quick huh?

What is everyone doing about the hair? DD's is bone straight and grow straight down over her eyes. I've tried every type of barrette, rubber band, etc and she just yanks them out. Is it time for her first haircut? Has anyone here done a haircut? I'm scared....

\m/

#144 of 367 Old 05-09-2008, 06:33 PM

I know...I looked at a pic of Atticus exactly a year ago, and he just looks so different!
Hair: I know I have a ds, but Atticus' hair is getting looooong. I'm going to let it grow out. Nothing looks cuter than a little boy hippy. If I need to, I may trim his bangs, as they seem to grow differently than the rest. I, too, am very nervous about that first hair cut. Something about it...

#145 of 367 Old 05-09-2008, 06:37 PM

Magnus's hair is curly so I don't really have to do anything to it!
#146 of 367 Old 05-09-2008, 10:41 PM

Fiona has very fine, straight hair. I am a curly, wavy girl, so I am at a total loss. It is so wispy that it really won't stay in a tiny ponytail without a lot of pulling, which I cannot make myself do! Any suggestions appreciated here as well.

I can't wait to show her that Youtube video....ducks have always been her favorite, even before Elmo. Duckaduckaducka is a common phrase around here.

We broke down and picked up two more Elmo DVDs tonight....poor dh
cannot handle seeing the other one again any time soon!

#147 of 367 Old 05-09-2008, 10:52 PM

I've given Homer several haircuts. You can see from the pics I posted that he has a whole headful of dark hair, has since he was born. His is a little wavy too, but not terribly curly.

My 4yo is in some mood tonight, hope this passes quickly.
#148 of 367 Old 05-09-2008, 11:05 PM

Can you guys believe we're already on pg. 8 and it's only the 9th? We're chattin' it up this month.
I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow. With DH being gone I want to work on my garden so that Atticus and I have something to keep us busy the next two days.

#149 of 367 Old 05-09-2008, 11:33 PM

I'm sick, can I whine here? I have mastitis I think. Again. I woke up at about 5am and just couldn't get comfortable, and by the time I got up to nurse Asheby I knew I was sick. I was soooo dizzy and pale. My temp was about 101 at that point. 2 hours later it was 102.6 and its pretty much hovered there all day. I hurt SO bad. I have never been this achy in my life, even my toes hurt. And not to mention my left milkie. Youch! I called my dr who doesn't work on Fridays but he never called me back. I don't know what to do!

Anyhoo, before I have to go lie down again. Asheby doesn't really care about the tv yet, but Amethyst sure does. Urgh, I hate it.

I have been cutting Ashebys hair "high and tight" since he was about 3 months old. Its is SO cute I think, and easy to keep clean too.

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)
#150 of 367 Old 05-09-2008, 11:43 PM

Oh, MPsSweetie, I hope you feel better soon! That sick, achy feeling is the worst, especially when you have LOs to watch.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page