April 2007 Babes -- It's May! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 269 Old 05-07-2008, 03:16 PM
 
UltimateSerj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 1,515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
I've said it in my previous post, but Romi has 3 teeth now.

I'm so peeved about the whole BPA in Avent products right now... Health Canada decided BPA's were toxic and shouldn't be used in baby product. Avent's whole friggin' line of stuff (including my breastpump) has BPA. So now I have maybe 1 month of pumping left and I have to buy a new pump. Some stores were taking back the pumps without receipt but I called and they all told me no.
DO NOT BUY AVENT PRODUCTS!!! Even if BPA is toxic, that company will still be making BPA products for babies. Gross, huh?

I think that avent has an adapter so that you can pump into regular bottles? maybe you can find one and keep using your pump just different bottles or pump into one bottle that fits and poor it into a safe bottle? just some thoughts

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
UltimateSerj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#62 of 269 Old 05-07-2008, 04:01 PM
 
hanno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 3,490
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi DDC,
Sorry I haven't been participating. My life has been weird lately. Or maybe it's just me who's been weird. I've been all over the place emotionally. Happy and social one minute, sad and shy the next. Ion's been the same as me and I don't know who's giving it to who. Kam and I have been married 5 years now! I feel pretty good about that, although I still don't feel very 'connected' to him.
hanno is offline  
#63 of 269 Old 05-07-2008, 04:35 PM
 
4lilfarmers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: vermont
Posts: 2,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post

Hi DDC,
Sorry I haven't been participating. My life has been weird lately. Or maybe it's just me who's been weird. I've been all over the place emotionally. Happy and social one minute, sad and shy the next. Ion's been the same as me and I don't know who's giving it to who. Kam and I have been married 5 years now! I feel pretty good about that, although I still don't feel very 'connected' to him.
hey hanno! my friend jen's babe piper loves your bm! thanks again!
sorry to hear that you have been all over the place emotionally. are you cycling yet? maybe you are going to start, if you haven't yet. i was pretty hormonal for weeks b/f my first af. i think queen was too-right??

congrats on 5 years! adam and i will celebrate 5 years this year, also!

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
4lilfarmers is offline  
#64 of 269 Old 05-07-2008, 04:48 PM
 
hanno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 3,490
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
hey hanno! my friend jen's babe piper loves your bm! thanks again!
sorry to hear that you have been all over the place emotionally. are you cycling yet? maybe you are going to start, if you haven't yet. i was pretty hormonal for weeks b/f my first af. i think queen was too-right??

congrats on 5 years! adam and i will celebrate 5 years this year, also!
Oh that's wonderful! I do worry about other babies having my milk because I eat a TON of wheat and gluten. And garlic. All the garlic you sent was gone in 3 days.

I just started AF today. My cycles have been 36 days! What is that about? I start feeling full and about to erupt on day 27. It probably explains the way I'm feeling but 2 weeks of hormonal crazies is just too much. I wonder if I should take vitex or maca or something?

Marriage sure is something else, isn't it?
hanno is offline  
#65 of 269 Old 05-07-2008, 05:20 PM
 
MaxiMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post

Hi DDC,
Sorry I haven't been participating. My life has been weird lately. Or maybe it's just me who's been weird. I've been all over the place emotionally. Happy and social one minute, sad and shy the next. Ion's been the same as me and I don't know who's giving it to who. Kam and I have been married 5 years now! I feel pretty good about that, although I still don't feel very 'connected' to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
hey hanno! my friend jen's babe piper loves your bm! thanks again!
sorry to hear that you have been all over the place emotionally. are you cycling yet? maybe you are going to start, if you haven't yet. i was pretty hormonal for weeks b/f my first af. i think queen was too-right??

congrats on 5 years! adam and i will celebrate 5 years this year, also!
We'll celebrate five years, too, this year! I'm actually thinking of having a party this year since our anniversary is on Halloween. I don't think I'll go as a pregnant bride this year though! Marriage is something else. Last night, amid the chaos, Ed said, "I wish it was just us". We miss each other.

Hope you're feeling better, hanno. Funny, I kept feeling my last cycle, but it didn't come, didn't come. Then I got together with one of my girlfriends and that day it came. Can't help but see a connection to female hormones - guess I need to get out more.
MaxiMom is offline  
#66 of 269 Old 05-07-2008, 05:39 PM
 
doudat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
I think that avent has an adapter so that you can pump into regular bottles? maybe you can find one and keep using your pump just different bottles or pump into one bottle that fits and poor it into a safe bottle? just some thoughts
Well, the pump has BPA as well. I've put a milk storage on the pump and used that today, but the bag was torn so this will be a short-lived alternative. The Medela is BPA free and only 30$ in the US (65$ here in Canada) so I think I'll just spend the 30$ to be sure that my milk won't be contaminated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post

Hi DDC,
Sorry I haven't been participating. My life has been weird lately. Or maybe it's just me who's been weird. I've been all over the place emotionally. Happy and social one minute, sad and shy the next. Ion's been the same as me and I don't know who's giving it to who. Kam and I have been married 5 years now! I feel pretty good about that, although I still don't feel very 'connected' to him.
Hi Hanno!!! I missed you :
Happy 5 years!! I'm not really married (hehe), so none of that here. I haven't been feeling very connected either (we've been together 8yrs) but I think it'll come back eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
hey hanno! my friend jen's babe piper loves your bm! thanks again!
How sweet is that!!! Wow, knowing the recipient of Hanno's BM!!
doudat is offline  
#67 of 269 Old 05-07-2008, 06:31 PM
 
4lilfarmers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: vermont
Posts: 2,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
Oh that's wonderful! I do worry about other babies having my milk because I eat a TON of wheat and gluten. And garlic. All the garlic you sent was gone in 3 days.

I just started AF today. My cycles have been 36 days! What is that about? I start feeling full and about to erupt on day 27. It probably explains the way I'm feeling but 2 weeks of hormonal crazies is just too much. I wonder if I should take vitex or maca or something?

Marriage sure is something else, isn't it?
yes, it is. : that's how i feel most of the time. very rarely ... but the kids make me feel

my cycles are like that too and very heavy! i miss my old cycles. yea, those herbs may help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
We'll celebrate five years, too, this year! I'm actually thinking of having a party this year since our anniversary is on Halloween. I don't think I'll go as a pregnant bride this year though! Marriage is something else. Last night, amid the chaos, Ed said, "I wish it was just us". We miss each other.

Hope you're feeling better, hanno. Funny, I kept feeling my last cycle, but it didn't come, didn't come. Then I got together with one of my girlfriends and that day it came. Can't help but see a connection to female hormones - guess I need to get out more.
halloween anniversary--i love it! i think i remember asking you to see photos of your wedding. ours is sept 13 (my nana's bday...she turned 70 on our wedding day) so funny---our kids have almost the same bdays and our anniversaries are a month apart.
i really crave females but i think it's b/c my marriage is lacking a lot.

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
4lilfarmers is offline  
#68 of 269 Old 05-07-2008, 06:32 PM
 
4lilfarmers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: vermont
Posts: 2,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Well, the pump has BPA as well. I've put a milk storage on the pump and used that today, but the bag was torn so this will be a short-lived alternative. The Medela is BPA free and only 30$ in the US (65$ here in Canada) so I think I'll just spend the 30$ to be sure that my milk won't be contaminated.
so the medela is ok?? and it is similar to the isis??

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
4lilfarmers is offline  
#69 of 269 Old 05-07-2008, 06:49 PM
 
hanno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 3,490
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
doudat- I'd be totally willing to do a little shipping arrangement for you.

and if anyone wants my medela swing (single electric), let me know. I've been using the manual a lot because it's easier to use while following Ion around the house and I have the PISA and it's not like I have 4 boobs to pump.
hanno is offline  
#70 of 269 Old 05-07-2008, 07:09 PM
 
MaxiMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
yes, it is. : that's how i feel most of the time. very rarely ... but the kids make me feel

my cycles are like that too and very heavy! i miss my old cycles. yea, those herbs may help.



halloween anniversary--i love it! i think i remember asking you to see photos of your wedding. ours is sept 13 (my nana's bday...she turned 70 on our wedding day) so funny---our kids have almost the same bdays and our anniversaries are a month apart.
i really crave females but i think it's b/c my marriage is lacking a lot.
Two peas in a pod, krismarie! You'll have to come visit to see the photos, I don't have any digital. It was pretty fun. Although since I put the whole thing together, I mostly remember all the little details I missed. That's what being in the catering biz will do.
MaxiMom is offline  
#71 of 269 Old 05-07-2008, 07:30 PM
 
4lilfarmers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: vermont
Posts: 2,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Two peas in a pod, krismarie! You'll have to come visit to see the photos, I don't have any digital. It was pretty fun. Although since I put the whole thing together, I mostly remember all the little details I missed. That's what being in the catering biz will do.
oh yes...pre-digital days. we just got a digital about a year and a half ago...i forget that there are so many pictures that are hard to share.

speaking of photos--it will be easiest for me to mail pictures of our visit...pm me your address.

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
4lilfarmers is offline  
#72 of 269 Old 05-07-2008, 08:20 PM
 
MaxiMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
oh yes...pre-digital days. we just got a digital about a year and a half ago...i forget that there are so many pictures that are hard to share.

speaking of photos--it will be easiest for me to mail pictures of our visit...pm me your address.
ok, thanks.
MaxiMom is offline  
#73 of 269 Old 05-07-2008, 09:00 PM
 
doudat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
so the medela is ok?? and it is similar to the isis??
I have no idea if it's similar to the Isis, but it is BPA free (hurray for Medela!!)
I'll let you know how similar it is to the Isis once I receive it.

[QUOTE=hanno;11162527]doudat- I'd be totally willing to do a little shipping arrangement for you. /QUOTE]

Thanks But I found a place that ships to Canada, so it's already bought
doudat is offline  
#74 of 269 Old 05-07-2008, 09:01 PM
 
doudat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
y
i really crave females but i think it's b/c my marriage is lacking a lot.
I don't have AF yet, but I hear you on craving females... Which is the only reason I'm happy to be back at work, lots of women there. Which is nice, cause they understand, IYKWIM.
doudat is offline  
#75 of 269 Old 05-07-2008, 11:54 PM
 
finn'smama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: home...
Posts: 2,148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey everyone...
I'm so tired and stressed out, this buying a house sucks! I don't think we're going to get the financingonly because I just came off mat leave. Oh well, it's not far off in our future anyway.

teeth-Arlo has 6, 3 on top and 3 on the bottom. He still isn't walking, but is climbing on everything and is really starting to talk and communicate. It's really cute.
I am in the process of nightweaning (shhhh, don't tell the rest of the commune!) I can't take being up every 2 hours anymore. Now he's going 3-4 hours, which is much better.

Trent and I also celebrated 5 years this year! Although we aren't officially married

hanno, I hope your feeling better. I've been feeling a bit weird too, but I was weaning of my meds, and now I've decided maybe that was a bad idea. And I do feel like af is just around the corner, but still hasn't made an appearance. I got my period six months pp after Finn, so I don't know what's going on here!

And kris, maybe you and your dh need a date? I know T and I do. It's so hard to connect when the kids take everything out of you, yk? Some days I think we barely even notice each other. Plus, we hardly have any sex, so that connection is also missing. But I just can't make myself do it, yk?

doudat, are you guys campers??:

A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
finn'smama is offline  
#76 of 269 Old 05-08-2008, 01:24 AM
 
KaliShanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lindale,TX
Posts: 2,284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies!

Tor started walking this week!! A week after his 1st birthday! I'm so proud.

He also has gotten one of his pre-molars in and is working on the other one. This makes 10 teeth-wow!

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

KaliShanti is offline  
#77 of 269 Old 05-08-2008, 01:39 AM
 
MaxiMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post

And kris, maybe you and your dh need a date? I know T and I do. It's so hard to connect when the kids take everything out of you, yk? Some days I think we barely even notice each other. Plus, we hardly have any sex, so that connection is also missing. But I just can't make myself do it, yk?

A
This is us, too. Although here I am, on the computer and eating cupcakes, wishing he wasn't snoring already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliShanti View Post
Hi ladies!

Tor started walking this week!! A week after his 1st birthday! I'm so proud.

He also has gotten one of his pre-molars in and is working on the other one. This makes 10 teeth-wow!
Hooray for Tor!!
MaxiMom is offline  
#78 of 269 Old 05-08-2008, 09:52 AM
 
4lilfarmers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: vermont
Posts: 2,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
hey everyone...
I'm so tired and stressed out, this buying a house sucks! I don't think we're going to get the financingonly because I just came off mat leave. Oh well, it's not far off in our future anyway.

teeth-Arlo has 6, 3 on top and 3 on the bottom. He still isn't walking, but is climbing on everything and is really starting to talk and communicate. It's really cute.
I am in the process of nightweaning (shhhh, don't tell the rest of the commune!) I can't take being up every 2 hours anymore. Now he's going 3-4 hours, which is much better.

Trent and I also celebrated 5 years this year! Although we aren't officially married

hanno, I hope your feeling better. I've been feeling a bit weird too, but I was weaning of my meds, and now I've decided maybe that was a bad idea. And I do feel like af is just around the corner, but still hasn't made an appearance. I got my period six months pp after Finn, so I don't know what's going on here!

And kris, maybe you and your dh need a date? I know T and I do. It's so hard to connect when the kids take everything out of you, yk? Some days I think we barely even notice each other. Plus, we hardly have any sex, so that connection is also missing. But I just can't make myself do it, yk?

doudat, are you guys campers??:

A
you're right...we don't ever get a chance to connect. i've had "find a babysitter" on my to-do list since kaylo was born.

good luck with night-weaning. you'll feel so much better with a good night of sleep every night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
This is us, too. Although here I am, on the computer and eating cupcakes, wishing he wasn't snoring already.


oh and good for your dh about quitting. i miss cigarettes and really enjoyed them... but that's great he's cut back so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliShanti View Post
Hi ladies!

Tor started walking this week!! A week after his 1st birthday! I'm so proud.

He also has gotten one of his pre-molars in and is working on the other one. This makes 10 teeth-wow!
congrats tor!

and hanno--i just remembered last night that i knew you started af... free bleeding all over prefolds. (the things you think of when you're up nursing in the middle of the night)

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
4lilfarmers is offline  
#79 of 269 Old 05-08-2008, 09:53 AM
 
doudat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
hey everyone...
I'm so tired and stressed out, this buying a house sucks! I don't think we're going to get the financingonly because I just came off mat leave. Oh well, it's not far off in our future anyway.

teeth-Arlo has 6, 3 on top and 3 on the bottom. He still isn't walking, but is climbing on everything and is really starting to talk and communicate. It's really cute.
I am in the process of nightweaning (shhhh, don't tell the rest of the commune!) I can't take being up every 2 hours anymore. Now he's going 3-4 hours, which is much better.


hanno, I hope your feeling better. I've been feeling a bit weird too, but I was weaning of my meds, and now I've decided maybe that was a bad idea. And I do feel like af is just around the corner, but still hasn't made an appearance. I got my period six months pp after Finn, so I don't know what's going on here!
Oh no!!! Sucks for the house, but like you said, you'll get one eventually
I just love that icon and use it whenever I can!!!

Nightweaning: how does that work?? I'm, hum, curious

I read somewhere that you needed to stay on meds for ppd a year after the symptoms disappeared... So for me, I'm thinking I'll stay on them for another year, just in case.

Camping: used to be, before kids :
I just love that smilie and use it whenever I can!! :::
doudat is offline  
#80 of 269 Old 05-08-2008, 09:54 AM
 
doudat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[QUOTE=MaxiMom;11165836]This is us, too. Although here I am, on the computer and eating cupcakes, wishing he wasn't snoring already.

QUOTE]

Mmmmm, cupcakes :
doudat is offline  
#81 of 269 Old 05-08-2008, 10:48 AM
 
finn'smama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: home...
Posts: 2,148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Oh no!!! Sucks for the house, but like you said, you'll get one eventually
I just love that icon and use it whenever I can!!!

Nightweaning: how does that work?? I'm, hum, curious

I read somewhere that you needed to stay on meds for ppd a year after the symptoms disappeared... So for me, I'm thinking I'll stay on them for another year, just in case.

Camping: used to be, before kids :
I just love that smilie and use it whenever I can!! :::
I asked about the camping because we just bought a cheap trailer and I want to go camp in Queen's neck of the woods...and you guys could meet us there! And anyone else of course! But you don't have to cross any international borders. MaybeGracie, you're in Ottawa right?

And I just recently read that about ppd meds as well, so I think I will just continue until the fall regardless of how I'm feeling. I don't want to risk a relapse. I guess I should really talk to my doctor:

A

Oh and way to go Tor!! Is Arlo the last one left not walking??

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
finn'smama is offline  
#82 of 269 Old 05-08-2008, 01:22 PM
 
tabrizia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maryland/DC Metro
Posts: 1,153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Morning all. You were all chatty yesterday. DH and I have been together for 12 years in October (wow that seems like a long time) and married 7 years in August.

I still have hives and I still haven't seen the doctor about them, they do seem to be getting a bit better though, I'll wait till Monday I think and then decide if I should see the doctor or not (I hate visiting the doctor).

Desmond woke up really early today at 9:30, which was odd, since he didn't go to bed that early last night. He is sitting on my lap watching starfall letters right now, which works for both of us.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
tabrizia is offline  
#83 of 269 Old 05-08-2008, 03:04 PM
 
hanno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 3,490
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hanno is offline  
#84 of 269 Old 05-08-2008, 03:08 PM
 
hanno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 3,490
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post

and hanno--i just remembered last night that i knew you started af... free bleeding all over prefolds. (the things you think of when you're up nursing in the middle of the night)

I tried using my cup last cycle but it doesn't fit anymore
hanno is offline  
#85 of 269 Old 05-08-2008, 03:11 PM
 
hanno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 3,490
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to walking, Tor !!!

Ion's little legs are getting closer together when he walks making him look taller and even more like a two foot adult.
hanno is offline  
#86 of 269 Old 05-08-2008, 07:32 PM
 
Queen of my Castle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,726
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey you dudes!
I'm getting ready to leave tomorrow for Missouri- to meet my 4lb 8 oz nepehw! I'm excited, and a little apprehensive about flying with Eva alone. Should be fine, but all kinds of fun happens in airports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
Scout has 8, but I think 9 and 10 are starting to poke through the gums as well. She's been super cranky lately....just whining all the time, being clingy, and not sleeping well. She keeps chewing on her index fingers and won't chew on a teether or washcloth. Poor girl!
Sounds like Evangeline! She only had 4, (two bottom middle, and two top eye teeth- she looked like a vampire) then she got one of her top middle, and recently she got the other top middle, and 2 more on the bottom! Three at once, ooor girl- no wonder she was miserable. So that makes 8 total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
hey hanno! my friend jen's babe piper loves your bm! thanks again!
sorry to hear that you have been all over the place emotionally. are you cycling yet? maybe you are going to start, if you haven't yet. i was pretty hormonal for weeks b/f my first af. i think queen was too-right??

congrats on 5 years! adam and i will celebrate 5 years this year, also!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
I just started AF today. My cycles have been 36 days! What is that about? I start feeling full and about to erupt on day 27. It probably explains the way I'm feeling but 2 weeks of hormonal crazies is just too much. I wonder if I should take vitex or maca or something?

Marriage sure is something else, isn't it?
Yes, I have a crazy emotional cycle- AND on ovulation day I have no milk! Seriously, eva nurses but doesn't swallow, I don't get a let down at all. My cycle goes from 36 days to 45 days---more often over 40 days long. It's like, a whole fun-park of crazy!

Dh and I have been MARRIED for 7 years this summer, and together for an extra 3. Holy cow! Those of you who are less than thrilled- sometimes it's the place in time you're at too- I seem to remember a few years ago having more trouble. Tabrizia- you guys have been together a while too!



Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
We'll celebrate five years, too, this year! I'm actually thinking of having a party this year since our anniversary is on Halloween. I don't think I'll go as a pregnant bride this year though! Marriage is something else. Last night, amid the chaos, Ed said, "I wish it was just us". We miss each other.

Hope you're feeling better, hanno. Funny, I kept feeling my last cycle, but it didn't come, didn't come. Then I got together with one of my girlfriends and that day it came. Can't help but see a connection to female hormones - guess I need to get out more.
awww...that's sad! but on the upside- yes, girlfriends are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
hey everyone...
I'm so tired and stressed out, this buying a house sucks! I don't think we're going to get the financingonly because I just came off mat leave. Oh well, it's not far off in our future anyway.

teeth-Arlo has 6, 3 on top and 3 on the bottom. He still isn't walking, but is climbing on everything and is really starting to talk and communicate. It's really cute.
I am in the process of nightweaning (shhhh, don't tell the rest of the commune!) I can't take being up every 2 hours anymore. Now he's going 3-4 hours, which is much better.

Trent and I also celebrated 5 years this year! Although we aren't officially married

hanno, I hope your feeling better. I've been feeling a bit weird too, but I was weaning of my meds, and now I've decided maybe that was a bad idea. And I do feel like af is just around the corner, but still hasn't made an appearance. I got my period six months pp after Finn, so I don't know what's going on here!

And kris, maybe you and your dh need a date? I know T and I do. It's so hard to connect when the kids take everything out of you, yk? Some days I think we barely even notice each other. Plus, we hardly have any sex, so that connection is also missing. But I just can't make myself do it, yk?

doudat, are you guys campers??:

A
awww, sorry your house isn't working out.
well, honestly, I don't blame anyone for not getting down and dirty, because likely I wouldn't be doin' it either if I had a less lusty husband, but I do believe it has maintained a connection between us during this crazy time. I think it definately helps our relationship, and I think we'd be mostly passing flat-mates without it.

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Queen of my Castle is offline  
#87 of 269 Old 05-08-2008, 11:53 PM
 
4lilfarmers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: vermont
Posts: 2,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Morning all. You were all chatty yesterday. DH and I have been together for 12 years in October (wow that seems like a long time) and married 7 years in August.

I still have hives and I still haven't seen the doctor about them, they do seem to be getting a bit better though, I'll wait till Monday I think and then decide if I should see the doctor or not (I hate visiting the doctor).

Desmond woke up really early today at 9:30, which was odd, since he didn't go to bed that early last night. He is sitting on my lap watching starfall letters right now, which works for both of us.
do you know what the hives are from?? i hope they go away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Hey you dudes!
I'm getting ready to leave tomorrow for Missouri- to meet my 4lb 8 oz nepehw! I'm excited, and a little apprehensive about flying with Eva alone. Should be fine, but all kinds of fun happens in airports.



Sounds like Evangeline! She only had 4, (two bottom middle, and two top eye teeth- she looked like a vampire) then she got one of her top middle, and recently she got the other top middle, and 2 more on the bottom! Three at once, ooor girl- no wonder she was miserable. So that makes 8 total.




Yes, I have a crazy emotional cycle- AND on ovulation day I have no milk! Seriously, eva nurses but doesn't swallow, I don't get a let down at all. My cycle goes from 36 days to 45 days---more often over 40 days long. It's like, a whole fun-park of crazy!

Dh and I have been MARRIED for 7 years this summer, and together for an extra 3. Holy cow! Those of you who are less than thrilled- sometimes it's the place in time you're at too- I seem to remember a few years ago having more trouble. Tabrizia- you guys have been together a while too!





awww...that's sad! but on the upside- yes, girlfriends are good.


awww, sorry your house isn't working out.
well, honestly, I don't blame anyone for not getting down and dirty, because likely I wouldn't be doin' it either if I had a less lusty husband, but I do believe it has maintained a connection between us during this crazy time. I think it definately helps our relationship, and I think we'd be mostly passing flat-mates without it.
have a great trip!!! how fun! i love little adventures with the kids, especially if it's only with one at a time! have fun seeing the little guy! did he hit 5 lbs?
i'm definately not like you--i'm sure dh would think sex would make us connected, but not me. i think i need to be connected to want it. but i'm glad it works for you.

finn'smama--sorry about the house!!

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
4lilfarmers is offline  
#88 of 269 Old 05-09-2008, 12:19 AM
 
Queen of my Castle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,726
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
that was killer. made me chuckle after a stressful evening.

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Queen of my Castle is offline  
#89 of 269 Old 05-09-2008, 12:23 AM
 
Queen of my Castle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,726
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
have a great trip!!! how fun! i love little adventures with the kids, especially if it's only with one at a time! have fun seeing the little guy! did he hit 5 lbs?
i'm definately not like you--i'm sure dh would think sex would make us connected, but not me. i think i need to be connected to want it. but i'm glad it works for you.
Oh, I definately agree- I would much rather have the connected feeling, and would be much more in the mood if I felt that way- but I think as an aftereffect I do feel more connected...it does take me some effort to remotely feel like it...I think the worst part is it takes energy! you know, if sex was as easy as it seems to be for guys, I'd be all over it.
funny, talking about this on an eve when I won't be getting any for 10 days!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Queen of my Castle is offline  
#90 of 269 Old 05-09-2008, 12:23 AM
 
tabrizia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maryland/DC Metro
Posts: 1,153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
do you know what the hives are from?? i hope they go away!!

Unfortunately I don't know what they are from, I am pretty sure they are not from anything I've eaten though. I am just hoping they go away soon, since I really don't want to see the doctor about them.

AF started today, which was a bit surprising actually since I wasn't expecting it till Sunday or Monday. I need to find somewhere to buy about 2 more extra large mama pads for night time, I like my Home Made Mama ones I got from a co-op, but I bought a couple too few, thinking I won't need that many. Oh well, to late to worry about it this month now.

This weekend should be nice DH is going to take Desmond out for a couple of hours so I can have some alone time for Mother's Day, it will be nice. He is really good about giving me alone time when I need it actually, which I really do appreciate.

Desmond has been really clingy still, I am hoping once all his teeth come in he will be a bit less of a grump. We tried putting him down to bed at 9:30 today since that is when he got up, but he was having none of it. We will probably try to put him down again in a few minutes. While I would love to make his bedtime earlier, having to be in bed with him when he goes to bed makes me less open to making his bedtime too early yet. Hopefully he'll be willing to sleep alone when we get him his own full sized bed. At least for the first 3 hours or so of the night.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
tabrizia is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off