Forum Jump: 

#1 of 269 Old 05-01-2008, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, everyone!

:Welcome to the Toddler Forum!!:

Happy Birthday to me!!

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
#2 of 269 Old 05-01-2008, 03:41 PM

Happy Birthday Rebekah.

How is Micah today?

Desmond has been sick the past few days mainly just a fever and clingyness. His fever is down today so we decided not to call the doctor. Nothing much else going on here otherwise. It is really weird moving to the toddler forum.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#3 of 269 Old 05-01-2008, 03:50 PM

:Happy Birthday Rebekah!!!:

I can't believe we're in the toddler section *gulp*
I'm not ready!!
#4 of 269 Old 05-01-2008, 04:43 PM

hi all! just got back from several days away--tried to catch up a bit but dh is being a jerk...anyway, i'll try and catch up later..

Happy birthday shydaisi!

and CONGRATS MCLISA!!!!!!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#5 of 269 Old 05-01-2008, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

I wish there was an in between forum....I don't feel like most of these threads apply to us yet.

Micah acts like he is doing better, but he has still thrown up three times in the last 24 hours. We are in day 8. I did give him some homemade chicken soup given to us by my chiro's wife (a certified nutritionist) and he has, so far, managed to keep that down. The nurse at the moron's office said that the flu can last 7 to 10 days in babies and toddlers, so HOPEfully this is just a long lasting flu and we are almost in the clear....

I just pray that we are over the hump and through with all of that. I am trying to maintain my morale, because through all of this I have discovered that my dad and brother think that I am literally starving Micah. That I am not feeding him as much as I should (we self-feed) and that I should be literally shoving food down his throat. Oh, and I should be feeding him cookies and cake and ice cream and peach cobbler at every meal. Never mind, I am a small framed person, 5' 3", (fat, but small frame) and Micah's dad was 5' 6" without an ounce of fat on him. Grrrr.....:

How are you feeling doudat? Any better? Caught any bad guys yet?

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!

#6 of 269 Old 05-01-2008, 04:59 PM

i introduced myself a few months back and have been lurking ever since. i must say it's a little intimidating. so much activity here and everyone seems to know each other, but i guess i just gotta jump in (promised myself i would at the beginning of a new month), so here goes...

my name is sam, i'm 36 and i live in southern california
i'm married to rob
our first child (dd tess) was born april 8th (2007 - obviously)

the big news in our house right now is that tess is officially a walker. she's been cruising for months and was doing a few solo steps between me and her papa, but yesterday she was sitting on the floor and just stood up (without grabbing anything to pull herself up on). it was actually quite cute to watch. she was trying to stand up (from sitting on the floor) without using her hands which isn't easy to do (you try it). then she finally realized her hands could help her out. she put them on the floor in front of her, got up on her feet, then stood up straight and started walking.

it's so amazing to me how quickly it happens. yesterday morning she couldn't do it, now today she's walking all over the place. at one point, she just stood up and started walking into her room ("i need a little me time, mom"). so cute!

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#7 of 269 Old 05-01-2008, 05:23 PM

Happy birthday Rebekah!:
And another ...please don't second guess yourself! You are not starving Micah. You can't force food down a kids throat yk? I know it's hard not to worry when you have a smaller LO. I even bought rice cereal and a couple jars of baby food when I was feeling like maybe I wasn't pushing solids enough. And he wouldn't have any of it. Some kids are just small and he will eat when he's hungry. Don't worry, you're an awesome mama!!

Hi samstress! Please don't be afraid to post...we are a busy thread, but I for one love to see updates from ALL the April '07 mamas I just introduced myself in the April '05 thread and I haven't posted much either because they all seem so familiar with each other but I still lurk And happy belated birthday to Tess

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#8 of 269 Old 05-01-2008, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Happy birthday Rebekah!:
And another ...please don't second guess yourself! You are not starving Micah. You can't force food down a kids throat yk? I know it's hard not to worry when you have a smaller LO. I even bought rice cereal and a couple jars of baby food when I was feeling like maybe I wasn't pushing solids enough. And he wouldn't have any of it. Some kids are just small and he will eat when he's hungry. Don't worry, you're an awesome mama!!
Thank you for your support! It really means a lot to me...Sometimes I feel really lost IRL and have to get on here to reorient myself and reaffirm that I AM doing the right thing. I know I am not starving my son!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstress View Post
i introduced myself a few months back and have been lurking ever since. i must say it's a little intimidating. so much activity here and everyone seems to know each other, but i guess i just gotta jump in (promised myself i would at the beginning of a new month), so here goes...

my name is sam, i'm 36 and i live in southern california
i'm married to rob
our first child (dd tess) was born april 8th (2007 - obviously)

the big news in our house right now is that tess is officially a walker. she's been cruising for months and was doing a few solo steps between me and her papa, but yesterday she was sitting on the floor and just stood up (without grabbing anything to pull herself up on). it was actually quite cute to watch. she was trying to stand up (from sitting on the floor) without using her hands which isn't easy to do (you try it). then she finally realized her hands could help her out. she put them on the floor in front of her, got up on her feet, then stood up straight and started walking.

it's so amazing to me how quickly it happens. yesterday morning she couldn't do it, now today she's walking all over the place. at one point, she just stood up and started walking into her room ("i need a little me time, mom"). so cute!
Hi, Sam! I didn't join these ladies until after Micah was born, and I have to say I was a little intimidated as well. But they (we ) are a really friendly and supportive bunch. We all are from different walks of life and are varied in our parenting choices, but we all love and support each other.

That's awesome that Tess is walking!! Micah was doing the couple of steps to and from people, but has really regressed since he got sick. Anyway, welcome! and can't wait to hear more from you! (Oh, and we pics if/when you are comfortable with sharing )

#9 of 269 Old 05-01-2008, 06:48 PM

Hey Yall.

I'm a lurker too, but want to come and play a bit

Tor just had his birthday on Sunday, and Saturday we had a party. So fun! Here he is with his cake:

http://i27.tinypic.com/24y0q3o.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/2zolxc6.jpg

He is also teething like mad; in the last week one tooth on the top right popped in, the today the beginning of one on the bottom right came through, and two other spots look very swollen and he is acting very fussy about it. This makes 10 teeth that are through.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#10 of 269 Old 05-01-2008, 06:49 PM

[QUOTE=doudat;11110760
I can't believe we're in the toddler section *gulp*
I'm not ready!![/QUOTE]

OMG, me either!!! I can't believe we are in this section already, WOW!!!!

Mom to, Cassi,, 25 yo daughter, 4 yo twins, Carson & Camryn 3 yo Caitlyn and my wonderful 14 yo neice, Carlie
#11 of 269 Old 05-01-2008, 08:33 PM

Happy birthday shydaisi!

And i don't want to be in the toddler section yet

bed time for kids bbl

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#12 of 269 Old 05-01-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliShanti View Post
Hey Yall.

I'm a lurker too, but want to come and play a bit

Tor just had his birthday on Sunday, and Saturday we had a party. So fun! Here he is with his cake:

http://i27.tinypic.com/24y0q3o.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/2zolxc6.jpg

He is also teething like mad; in the last week one tooth on the top right popped in, the today the beginning of one on the bottom right came through, and two other spots look very swollen and he is acting very fussy about it. This makes 10 teeth that are through.
Oh, he is cute!

#13 of 269 Old 05-01-2008, 10:10 PM

doudat-i wanted to mention that finn has also dislocated his elbow a couple of times, and both times it fixed itself-weird eh?

#14 of 269 Old 05-01-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
doudat-i wanted to mention that finn has also dislocated his elbow a couple of times, and both times it fixed itself-weird eh?
Not weird at all, it happened once with Liam where it fixed itself too. I guess Finn just popped the elbow back in its socket by moving it. If there's a next time, I'm gonna try to gently move his arm to see if it goes back in on its own.

And welcome new mamas, stick around!! We're a friendly bunch
KaliShanti: Tor is a cutie!
#15 of 269 Old 05-01-2008, 10:47 PM

:cry I just started this great thread in the life with a babe! :cry

oh well.

Happy Birthday Rebekah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Desmond has been sick the past few days mainly just a fever and clingyness. His fever is down today so we decided not to call the doctor. Nothing much else going on here otherwise. It is really weird moving to the toddler forum.
Minus the fever, this is Evangeline too. Whiney and cranky and irritable and clingy. I love the mai tai and the wrap right now, she hangs out on my back and sticks spoons down my shirt and I feed her small bits of food- running under the clothesline and ducking under the sheets is hilarous to her when she's on my back.
I was hoping the crankiness was another tooth- but it might be a touch of the flu, as Axel was sick too.

Welcome lurkers and newbies! We're pretty nice, mostly, except the french girls- they get feisty.

Tomorrow I go down to Toronto to get my passpost and Evangeline's- we leave for MIssouri next Friday! I'm getting very excited for my sister's baby!

that's all...

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#16 of 269 Old 05-01-2008, 10:50 PM

Who said that one-year-olds are toddlers?!? This year has gone by really fast, but Chloe still seem so little to be in the Toddler forum.

Quote:
Not weird at all, it happened once with Liam where it fixed itself too. I guess Finn just popped the elbow back in its socket by moving it. If there's a next time, I'm gonna try to gently move his arm to see if it goes back in on its own.

Poor Zack's arm never fixed itself, unfortunately. I never heard of this happening (but it's great that it does!). Actually, the last time that he popped his arm out, it was really difficult to get back in place and he had to have an x-ray to make sure that it wasn't broken... of course when the tech tried to move his arm for the x-ray, she popped it back in without realizing. The dislocating arm phase was one that I was very happy to move on from. I'm really paranoid about dislocating the girls arms out now... so far it hasn't happened!
#17 of 269 Old 05-02-2008, 12:01 PM

Hi toddler mamas! Mine is toddling, but still my babe. Welcome new and returning mamas - join the fun!

And Happy Birthday yesterday, ShyDaisi! Hope Micah is better today.

Scarlet has now discovered puddles. I've decided it will be hard to keep her clean this summer, but all in good fun. She's starting to say some words and still climbing like crazy.
#18 of 269 Old 05-02-2008, 11:59 PM

Has everyone been out enjoying the weather today - it's so quiet now that we have toddler babies...
#19 of 269 Old 05-03-2008, 12:37 AM

First off hi new people, wave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Has everyone been out enjoying the weather today - it's so quiet now that we have toddler babies...

DH has been home since Wednesday because he pulled the muscles in his rib cage. So I've been hanging out with him, I love it when he is home. Today we actually went out, we were just going out to buy Desmond new shoes, since he has basically outgrown his pair of stride rite sneakers (after only a month, sigh). We got him new sneakers and sandals hopefully they last 2 months this time (I can dream can't I?). Then we decided to run a few more errands, and hey since we're out let's go stop by Whole Foods and Buy Buy Baby and pick up those things we need. So our quick afternoon trip ended up lasting 6 hours, oops.

We have decided to make Desmond his own big boy room with his own big boy bed, so we went furniture shopping today, didn't see anything we loved at the cheap chain places (of course), saw a few things we could live with, but nothing we loved. We really want bunk beds with a full bed on bottom, but finding something that appeals to me is tough. So we're going out tomorrow to look at the expensive places like Pottery Barn and Great Beginnings and the less expensive place like Ikea. I like him in our bed, but I really won't mind being able to put him down in his bed for at least the first part of the night so we can have a bit of adult time without him. We'll see what we find though, since we're not in a huge hurry either.

Other then that not much happening here other then the hanging out with DH stuff, it is going to be weird when he's back at work on Monday.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#20 of 269 Old 05-03-2008, 12:53 AM

FOR REAL! What happened to the last half of last month! And how can we be in Toddlers now? I deny this.
I hope houses and sickness and bad doctors aren't keeping all of your spirits down... we've got so much to be thankful for!! I've got a good friend in the hospital had such a bad fever for a couple weeks they found out she had HELLP syndrome (or something like that) and her baby had to be taken by c-sec at 24 weeks. She's just over 1 lbs and hanging on really well. The mama is still in a medicine-induced coma, doesn't know she had the baby yet! Crazy eh? I've got an easy life compared to the long road of healing that mama and baby have ahead of them.

Here's a couple of pics:
At birth: http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...Picture059.jpg
At party: http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...y/DSCN0517.jpg

more pics in photobucket feel free to browse

Also, the short and sweet version of Savannah's birth (cuz I promised last month and I finally did it)
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...8#post11124388

Once again, I'll try not to be such a lurker

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

#21 of 269 Old 05-03-2008, 01:14 AM

I was wondering where ya'all went?!?!?! (I do not post here much, but I do read) Are we really ready for the toddler forum? I am not.

Sam, I am also in in So CA, in the IE. Where are you?

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#22 of 269 Old 05-03-2008, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstmomy View Post
I was wondering where ya'all went?!?!?! (I do not post here much, but I do read) Are we really ready for the toddler forum? I am not.
I am so not ready for the toddler forum. Desmond seems to think he is though, sigh where did my little non-walking, non-talking, non-tantruming baby go?

#23 of 269 Old 05-03-2008, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter

I *really* do not think a 1 yr old is a toddler, but that seemed to be the popular consensus on this board....I wish the boards were separated by age for the first 3 years or so. If you really think about it each year is so unique because they learn and grow so fast!

Well, I think we have FINALLY beat the flu!! : After 9 long, excrutiating days, we have been vomit free for more than 24 hours! I am really worried about his weight -- you can see all of his ribs, scapulas and spine. However, he did have a fairly good appetite today. : I did let him have an oatmeal raisin cookie today, which is literally the only sweet thing he has had other than his birthday cake. He absolutely loved it! That's saying something considering he didn't really care all that much for his cake.

He has also regressed a little in his walking. Instigated, he will take about 1 and a half steps before he just lunges the rest of the way. And, he hasn't taken any uninstigated since he got sick. I have heard the weight comes back quickly after a sickness...here's hoping the strength and muscle tone do too. I am actually really looking forward to him walking...I think it will be so cute to see him walking through the fountains at the park and toddling through the grass and climbing on the playground...

On a positive note, putting him to sleep has become easier through all of this. He has never really been a great sleeper for me...Before if he finished nursing before he was asleep, he would think it was time to get up and play. While he has been sick, he was so sleepy and his tummy so upset that he didn't have much choice, but allow me to rock him without comfort nursing. Tonight he was having a difficult time settling down and once he finished nursing, he just snuggled up to my neck and we rocked until he was asleep. I am also loving that I don't need to use a pacifier with him anymore. He has never used one during the day, just while sleeping. My mom still has to use one to get him to sleep (I guess it is replacing nursing)...but hopefully that will stop soon too.

We have 6 teeth here. He has had 4 teeth for a while (last of the four broke in Feb!), and the other two broke a couple of weeks ago.

#24 of 269 Old 05-03-2008, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstmomy View Post

Sam, I am also in in So CA, in the IE. Where are you?
also in the IE -- upland to be specific. and yourself?

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#25 of 269 Old 05-03-2008, 03:59 AM

Sam, I run the Redlands LLL meeting. Would love to have you join us! I am also going to the IE Organic Co-op tomorrow. LMK if you are interested in either, just PM me.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#26 of 269 Old 05-03-2008, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
I *really* do not think a 1 yr old is a toddler, but that seemed to be the popular consensus on this board....I wish the boards were separated by age for the first 3 years or so. If you really think about it each year is so unique because they learn and grow so fast!

Well, I think we have FINALLY beat the flu!! : After 9 long, excrutiating days, we have been vomit free for more than 24 hours! I am really worried about his weight -- you can see all of his ribs, scapulas and spine. However, he did have a fairly good appetite today. : I did let him have an oatmeal raisin cookie today, which is literally the only sweet thing he has had other than his birthday cake. He absolutely loved it! That's saying something considering he didn't really care all that much for his cake.

He has also regressed a little in his walking. Instigated, he will take about 1 and a half steps before he just lunges the rest of the way. And, he hasn't taken any uninstigated since he got sick. I have heard the weight comes back quickly after a sickness...here's hoping the strength and muscle tone do too. I am actually really looking forward to him walking...I think it will be so cute to see him walking through the fountains at the park and toddling through the grass and climbing on the playground...

On a positive note, putting him to sleep has become easier through all of this. He has never really been a great sleeper for me...Before if he finished nursing before he was asleep, he would think it was time to get up and play. While he has been sick, he was so sleepy and his tummy so upset that he didn't have much choice, but allow me to rock him without comfort nursing. Tonight he was having a difficult time settling down and once he finished nursing, he just snuggled up to my neck and we rocked until he was asleep. I am also loving that I don't need to use a pacifier with him anymore. He has never used one during the day, just while sleeping. My mom still has to use one to get him to sleep (I guess it is replacing nursing)...but hopefully that will stop soon too.

We have 6 teeth here. He has had 4 teeth for a while (last of the four broke in Feb!), and the other two broke a couple of weeks ago.
Yay no more flu! Hopefully Micah put back on his weight fast.

Also yay getting him to go to sleep easier, Desmond will actually put himself down sometimes, if he isn't asleep after nursing, it normally take 20 minutes of him flopping all over the bed, the Mommy and the Daddy though.

We have erm I haven't counted lately but I think 14 teeth here, but the last two may have broken through so it maybe 16, either way Desmond is so much happier with most of his 8 teeth that have been trying to break through for over a month finally broken through. 8 teeth at once is so not fun for anyone.

#27 of 269 Old 05-03-2008, 10:57 AM

Just a quick FYI for Queen if you're out there! Hillside tickets go on sale in 3 min. and they'll go quick...I hope you are going!

#28 of 269 Old 05-03-2008, 11:41 AM

hi everyone! this has been a slow thread so far! everybody is out enjoying spring, hopefully.

today is green up day in vermont...everyone is supposed to go out and pick up trash (free bags are given out and some towns have events too)... it's raining but we are going out now.

zenon has been walking all the time now...he looks so cute--a little babe walking.

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#29 of 269 Old 05-03-2008, 02:07 PM

I can't believe I haven't posted in a week! With the forum down last weekend, I just got in the habit of reading (when I can) w/o posting.
News:
1. It was so cool to meet Sarah, Desmond and her husband, and I can't believe I misses Susan and her crew! Desmond is even cuter then he is in his pictures! We had lots of fun at South Mountain Creamery, and I fell in love with their pumpkin ice cream! It made me think again about buying a house in the Frederick area.

2. Our buyer backed out, so our condo is back on the market. Nuts. It sucks having to keep the house in show condition daily.

3. AF has been visiting every 6 weeks, but she came 2 weeks early - surprise! Since I got the IUD, my period have been really heavy, like visiting the bathroom every 2-3 hours in the first 3-4 days, and I have decided that this is not working for me. I looked up the definition of a heavy period, and it is 80 mL for the whole period, and lasting more than 8-10 days. TMI, but I am at 15 mL every ~4-8 hours for the first 2-3 days, so I fit that bill, and it lasted 11 days last month. So now I am searching for another BC method. any thoughts? We REALLY don't have the finances for another baby, so I am looking for something even more reliable for me than NFP, because I get pg really easily. I am also not so keen on condom and pills, and I am trying to stay away form hormones because I am still eeking out milk for Abby and I don't want to take a chance on it drying up.

4. Abby has decided Legos are her new favorite toy, so I spend a lot of time stepping on duplos in between clean-ups.

I think that is it!

Oh, Happy Birthday to the babies I missed, and congrats to mclisa! I read your post on the way to work on my blackberry and I think I looked like a nut as I finally scrolled to the bottom! I think I yelled or whooped or something! What a surprise!
#30 of 269 Old 05-03-2008, 03:47 PM

arismom--that stinks about your condo!! hope it doesn't take too long for ya!

awesome that you got to meet desmond and sarah!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page