April 2007 Babes - It's JUNE!!! - Page 10 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#271 of 287 Old 06-29-2008, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Ah the tantrum, it's starting here, too. A piercing scream if we take her away from something she shouldn't be doing. Quite the personality, she is. Btw, we're the same height. Last time I weighed myself I was 137, but I figure most of it is boob weight and muscle the farm life creates. Hope the exercises help.
Glad to know we're not the only ones with a tantrum-y baby
As for the weight, well, I'm small boobed. The exercises are easy and I thought they'd never work, but man my tummy is sore today!!!
#272 of 287 Old 06-29-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
As for the weight, well, I'm small boobed. The exercises are easy and I thought they'd never work, but man my tummy is sore today!!!
Good! No pain, no gain! (or loss, in your case )
#273 of 287 Old 06-29-2008, 08:28 PM

I posted a bunch of pictures, though I do have videos to get up still. They are all up on my blog.

I have a tantrumer as well. He screams if we take him away from what he is doing, even if what he is doing is dangerous/something he shouldn't be. He doesn't like being thwarted.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#274 of 287 Old 06-29-2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post

Ah the tantrum, it's starting here, too. A piercing scream if we take her away from something she shouldn't be doing. Quite the personality, she is. Btw, we're the same height. Last time I weighed myself I was 137, but I figure most of it is boob weight and muscle the farm life creates. Hope the exercises help.
Quote:
Evangeline likes to throw little fits too...whenever she doesn't get what she wants. It's kind of cute and annoying...

I'm actually the skinniest I've been in a long time- we don't have a scale, but I weigh myself occaisionally when I come across one, mostly out of curiosity. Last I checked I was 122lbs-I'm nearly 5' 8". I'm surprised to hear others keep their boob weight though- when I've nursed this long I'm nearly flat- at least until I become pregnant again. So far I haven't noticed any increase though.

Doudat glad to hear that the excercises are working! What are they like? swimming is good for your tummy too...lots of muscles used. I was just starting to do some crunches because I wanted to tone up my tummy so I can keep it more firm, I find I get used to having the muscles relaxed. I think babywearing is bad for that, it encourages a poor posture. But now I should stop, right? Oh well.

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#275 of 287 Old 06-29-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
I posted a bunch of pictures, though I do have videos to get up still. They are all up on my blog.

I have a tantrumer as well. He screams if we take him away from what he is doing, even if what he is doing is dangerous/something he shouldn't be. He doesn't like being thwarted.
Cute pics! Desmond seems bigger and older- he's so cute! I don't see any pics of you though- you must be always behind the camera!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#276 of 287 Old 06-29-2008, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Cute pics! Desmond seems bigger and older- he's so cute! I don't see any pics of you though- you must be always behind the camera!

There was one of me, but my hair was so horrible, I made an executive decision and didn't use it, it is my blog after all . I think I am in a few of the videos that I still need to get up, though I think I'm in the 4 minute one, not the 30 second ones, so they may not end up on my blog either.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#277 of 287 Old 06-29-2008, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Hanno- how's kamrin doing? I've been thinking about you guys!
He's doing okay. Having him around has been both a help and a hindrance. I think he's having a hard time being a person and not just a worker bee. Thank you for asking. I sometimes feel like now would be a good time to just move back to Canada, but that would make me the worker bee (it would be his turn to not be able to legally work) and I don't know about that... After 6 years I still don't feel in place in the US.

Quote:
Hey all we got home last night, I uploaded picture today, but haven't posted them yet. We also went out berry picking today.

Oh the big news is we bought Desmond his own bed. It should arrive on Monday. We just bought the mattress and box spring and figure we'll put it on the floor without the box spring for now. It is going to be weird having a real bed for him, but I am hoping it helps him sleep longer at night before waking up, he is still welcome in our bed whenever, but it would be kind of nice to have it to the two (well three with the dog) of us every once in awhile. It felt so weird buying him his own bed, like he is all grown up. Of course he will probably end up in our bed every night or one of us will end up in there with him, but still.
I recently asked Kam if we could get a toddler bed to put next to ours and he vetoed it. He's not ready to have Ion on just the other side of me Enjoy your alone time!
We have a ton of blackberries in our yard and Ion carefully picks and gobbles them. The black poop sure freaked me out the first time.

Quote:
Oh I hope the exercises work and you don't need surgery. I think your family's had enough hospital things.

Quote:

He's so stinking cute. I love the ones with your grandparents.

Quote:

I'm actually the skinniest I've been in a long time- we don't have a scale, but I weigh myself occaisionally when I come across one, mostly out of curiosity. Last I checked I was 122lbs-I'm nearly 5' 8". I'm surprised to hear others keep their boob weight though- when I've nursed this long I'm nearly flat- at least until I become pregnant again. So far I haven't noticed any increase though.
From what pictures I've seen your look just perfectly proportioned and naturally slender. I'm 5' 8" as well and 120lbs was just too small for me and I looked weird and didn't feel good. Although, I wasn't eating very nutritious food at that time of my life.

I hope your pregnancy keeps up being easy I just finished a beer and getting all sentimental crying with : for you!

I've spent the day sanding the floor with a drum sander. My ears are ringing and my eyes are vibrating but this place is looking less dreary already.
#278 of 287 Old 06-30-2008, 12:15 PM

So my news today! I'm due March 10th, I just took a pregnancy test, I was actually expecting a negative this month, because it really feels like AF is going to start any minute, I was really expecting her this morning rather then a positive. It still hasn't really sunk in yet, especially since it still feels like AF is about to start.

In additional news, my OB/GYN practice does VBAC! So I am going to hopefully try for a VBAC, I would love to home birth this time, but DH won't agree (even with the hospital less then 5 minutes from the house). I am happy though that I have a chance of VBAC. I need to call my OB/GYN office to make an appointment, but I'm thinking of waiting a week or two, since they won't see me till 8 weeks anyways.

In other news Desmond's bed arrives in an hour or less, we cleared out a lot of his new room this weekend, but we have a bunch more to do still, that's okay we really don't expect him to sleep there anytime soon.

#279 of 287 Old 06-30-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
So my news today! I'm due March 10th, I just took a pregnancy test, I was actually expecting a negative this month, because it really feels like AF is going to start any minute, I was really expecting her this morning rather then a positive. It still hasn't really sunk in yet, especially since it still feels like AF is about to start.
Congrats! :

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

#280 of 287 Old 06-30-2008, 03:54 PM

:
CONGRATS TABRIZIA!!!!
:

Hope you have a happy and uneventful pregnancy!!
#281 of 287 Old 06-30-2008, 05:19 PM

Congrats Tabrizia!! How exciting! :

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#282 of 287 Old 06-30-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:

In additional news, my OB/GYN practice does VBAC! So I am going to hopefully try for a VBAC, I would love to home birth this time, but DH won't agree (even with the hospital less then 5 minutes from the house). I am happy though that I have a chance of VBAC. I need to call my OB/GYN office to make an appointment, but I'm thinking of waiting a week or two, since they won't see me till 8 weeks anyways.

In other news Desmond's bed arrives in an hour or less, we cleared out a lot of his new room this weekend, but we have a bunch more to do still, that's okay we really don't expect him to sleep there anytime soon.
Holy cow, it's contagious! Congratulations to you and dh!!!!! So exciting!
#283 of 287 Old 06-30-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:

Oh how wonderful!! Best wishes for a VBAC. I think we found the best use of the : smilie. So much more fun than
::: feti everywhere :::
#284 of 287 Old 06-30-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
:::::::::: :
YAY!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS! I'm thrilled! And that's very exciting about the vbac!

#285 of 287 Old 07-01-2008, 12:31 AM

WOW congrats to all the pregnant mamas!!! do we have 3 now?? i do miss chatting with you all but Caroline is a mess when i am on here so i don't get on very much for now!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#286 of 287 Old 07-01-2008, 12:38 AM

Ronan has declared that he will not sleep. I keep telling him, "let's pretend this is Brooklyn and SLEEP, ALREADY!"

Saturday, he wouldn't sleep until 11:30pm. Last night, he passed out in my arms at 9pm, but he'd refused a nap all day. Today? Lovely two hour lap nap and now . . . no sleep.

He's currently neatly piling the contents of DH's bedside stand . . . in the trash can. And he's so freakin' tired and cranky. He's currently upset at the trash can--it's not fulfilling his expectations.

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

#287 of 287 Old 07-01-2008, 12:55 PM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page