April 2007 Babes - It's JUNE!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 287 Old 06-12-2008, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post
Desmond is so photogenic and always seems to be having fun!

So, as of today I am a SAHM for the summer. Well, Ari and Abby are finishing out the week of daycare since I paid for it already, but no more teaching other people's kids for 2 months! Ari and I are working on a HSing schedule, so I can try it out since I would love to when we can afford it. I'm also looking into activities for us to do - when I was a kid we spent the whole summer at the pool (it seemed) but since we don't have a pool membership we're going to have to look for other activities to engage the girls.

Happy summer!:
yay for summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post

Kris - I got the pictures, thanks!

Anyone else's babe going down to one nap? Scarlet doesn't nap until at least noon and stays asleep for an hour to an hour and a half and that's about it for the day. Goes to sleep at night between 8 and 9 usually.
finally (sorry i had good intentions of making a nice card and all but didn't get around to it--i feel like i'm so behind with everything lately)

zenon is down to one nap... shoot...i have to go get my climber...he's standing on a tall chair again!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#122 of 287 Old 06-13-2008, 01:17 PM

Tabrizia:

Cute pictures of Desmond!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post
So, as of today I am a SAHM for the summer. Well, Ari and Abby are finishing out the week of daycare since I paid for it already, but no more teaching other people's kids for 2 months! Ari and I are working on a HSing schedule, so I can try it out since I would love to when we can afford it. I'm also looking into activities for us to do - when I was a kid we spent the whole summer at the pool (it seemed) but since we don't have a pool membership we're going to have to look for other activities to engage the girls.

Happy summer!:
Woo-hoo!!! Lucky mama, I so wish I could stay home all summer... But I'm taking 7 weeks off, so not too shabby

Quote:
Anyone else's babe going down to one nap? Scarlet doesn't nap until at least noon and stays asleep for an hour to an hour and a half and that's about it for the day. Goes to sleep at night between 8 and 9 usually.
Romi's been down to one nap since about 10 mths old... She'll sleep anywhere from 1.5 to 3.5 hrs and then goes down for the night around 8pm.

I officially HATE af. I had to look all over town for ecological pads (cause I don't want chlorine bleached ones) and my store was out. BUT I bought a Divacup online since they're on special 18.99$ with 3$ Canadian shipping!!! If anyone's in the market, this is where I got mine. I saw them for 16.99$ somewhere else but shipping to Canada was crazy.
#123 of 287 Old 06-13-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post

I officially HATE af. I had to look all over town for ecological pads (cause I don't want chlorine bleached ones) and my store was out. BUT I bought a Divacup online since they're on special 18.99$ with 3$ Canadian shipping!!! If anyone's in the market, this is where I got mine. I saw them for 16.99$ somewhere else but shipping to Canada was crazy.
my old diva will NOT stay in not sure if it's due to baby having or prolapse, I should just buy the bigger size to find out
#124 of 287 Old 06-13-2008, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
my old diva will NOT stay in not sure if it's due to baby having or prolapse, I should just buy the bigger size to find out
I'm having issues too, but this last cycle I finally got it to work. I now have to figure out where my cervix is, and make sure it is placed right around it or it slips out. It used to be once it was in I kept it in all day (~8 hours), but with the IUD I fill it up in 2-3 hours , so I am getting more practice on inserting it correctly. I have found making sure I am completely relaxed helps - if I am tense, my body tends to push it out.
#125 of 287 Old 06-13-2008, 02:42 PM

i have yet to try out the diva. but man, i could use it. my af has been soooo heavy. :

i'm also : b/c interest rates keep going up and up and we didn't "lock-in" when we should have. but it's all moving along and we'll buy our house soon. oh and we got accepted into the program so we won't have to pay for the lead work being done in our house (saves us more than 25,000 dollars!!!)

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#126 of 287 Old 06-13-2008, 02:53 PM

Hurray Kris!! I'm so happy for you!!!

As for the Diva, I never tried the smaller size I just bought the size 2, hopefully it'll fit. If not I,ll try the UK Mooncup but it's way more expensive. I heard people say it's more flexible.
#127 of 287 Old 06-13-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
i have yet to try out the diva. but man, i could use it. my af has been soooo heavy. :

i'm also : b/c interest rates keep going up and up and we didn't "lock-in" when we should have. but it's all moving along and we'll buy our house soon. oh and we got accepted into the program so we won't have to pay for the lead work being done in our house (saves us more than 25,000 dollars!!!)
and you'll get to use the whole house?

I got a ton of pocket diapers in a trade but I haven't used synthetic before. How can I tell if it's wet? Will the dry feeling mess up his potty learning? I still have to work out how to get them on him while standing. Trying to diaper him laying down is way too hard for me! I must admit the fuzzibunz look really nice on his little body

I don't want to open my mouth about naps for fear it will bite me in the butt.
#128 of 287 Old 06-13-2008, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I got a ton of pocket diapers in a trade but I haven't used synthetic before. How can I tell if it's wet? Will the dry feeling mess up his potty learning? I still have to work out how to get them on him while standing. Trying to diaper him laying down is way too hard for me! I must admit the fuzzibunz look really nice on his little body
I just shove my hand down the butt a bit, and check the insert. During potty learning with Ari, I would sometimes put a cloth wipie in between the diaper and her body. Eventually, she just knew, but that helped when I was explaining it to her initially.
#129 of 287 Old 06-13-2008, 04:37 PM

Hi, everyone! I haven't really felt like posting lately, but I have been lurking and reading!

Just to give a bit of an update: Micah is FINALLY walking. He had initially taken some independent steps just before his birthday, but then after getting sick and loosing all that weight and muscle tone he really regressed. Then, about three weeks ago, he suddenly stood up on his own without any help (from sofa, walker, etc.). After a little coaxing he took about two steps. Then, we went to the zoo later that week and I set him on the ground in a really green area to take some pictures...and he stood up and walked away!! : After the momentary skock that ensued, I started snapping away, so I actually got his first uninstigated steps on "film"! (They aren't on this computer, but I will try to post some tonight.) Now, he is walking about 85-90% of the time -- I was kind of surprised at how fast he transitioned.

My mom gave me a Diva for my birthday (she actually had to give it to me a couple of days early because I was on my way out the door to go buy one ) and I absolutely it. The website said that if you have been pregnant, even if you had a caesarean, or are over 30 w/out having been pregnant, you should wear a size 2. I wish that I had gotten one of these YEARS ago. (I actually half-way look forward to , but only half-way!)

And speaking of , I just want to say how unfair it is that some of you (not naming names ) are just now getting back or still don't have it at all...I bled for 9 weeks PP and then had a 6 week repreive before deciding it was time to reappear! And, we didn't even introduce solids until 7 months, and he didn't anything of substance until 11.5 months!!

Quote:
I use FB on Micah, and absolutely the fit on him...And, since Ion is similar in stature, I could imagine they would look cute on him, too! I don't really know about the potty learning (as we aren't anywhere near that), but as far as the diaper changing standing, I think that it is pretty easy! Once you figure out which snaps you need to fasten, as long as you get the correct ones snapped it should be on him correctly. I know that wasn't very descriptive, but it really is easy! I think that it is better than aplix, because you don't have to worry about getting it attached correctly, it is already mapped out for you!

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
#130 of 287 Old 06-13-2008, 04:39 PM

I had this posted in another month, but it is posted so far back in my post history that it is a pain to update it. I hope you all don't mind me putting it here.

birth: 9 - 4
1 mo: 10 - 15
2 mo: 13 - 2
3 mo: 14 - 3
4 mo: 15 - 4
6 mo: 16 -3
9 mo: 17 - 0
10 mo: 17 - 3
11 mo: 17 - 10
12 mo: 18 - 3
13 mo: 17 - 13 (sick at 12 mo, 1 week....lost down to 16 - 13!)
14 mo: 18 - 12
15 mo: 19 - 4
16 mo: 20 - 9
17 mo: 20 - 14
18 mo: 21 - 2
19 mo: 21 - 6
20 mo: 22 - 9

#131 of 287 Old 06-13-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
I have the size 2 and have no problems with it.

Quote:

Whoa! That's great! My dad is going to help us buy a house, so we have been looking too. It's pretty exciting!to home ownership!
Quote:

I don't want to open my mouth about naps for fear it will bite me in the butt.
I love FB on my skinny little guy too. They fit him really well. And even though I'm not that fond of synthetics, we use them alot. I do like pockets on a toddler.

So it's HOT today. I just finished delivering mail (16.5 km!) and I'm exhausted...I can't believe I did this while pregnant (in the winter even)!

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#132 of 287 Old 06-13-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
I had this posted in another month, but it is posted so far back in my post history that it is a pain to update it. I hope you all don't mind me putting it here.

birth: 9 - 4
1 mo: 10 - 15
2 mo: 13 - 2
3 mo: 14 - 3
4 mo: 15 - 4
6 mo: 16 -3
9 mo: 17 - 0
10 mo: 17 - 3
11 mo: 17 - 10
12 mo: 18 - 3
13 mo: 17 - 13 (sick at 12 mo, 1 week....lost down to 16 - 13!)
14 mo: 18 - 12
Ion's 18-5, they really are the same size

We have a baby friend who was born in February and is already 20 pounds. I'll be excited if we see that by the time he's 2!
#133 of 287 Old 06-13-2008, 05:59 PM

Ronan loved the sprayground today! I should've taken my camera! He crawled through the water and smacked at the drains.

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

#134 of 287 Old 06-13-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelyndale View Post
Ronan loved the sprayground today! I should've taken my camera! He crawled through the water and smacked at the drains.
that is cute. my DD likes to smack the water. we took her to the pool last week and she was stomping in the water. she keeps trying to take her feet all the way up out of the water before stepping down again. i love this age!

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#135 of 287 Old 06-13-2008, 07:20 PM

Ok, so now I have to ask, what is normal weight for this age? At our last checkup they told us to start cutting fat from Lizzie's diet b/c she was too big. I hadn't really worried about it much, but now I am beginning to wonder....

My neice is 16 mos and weighs almost 20 lbs, that seems about right with your kiddos, but Lizzie is way over that. Anyone else have a really big baby?
#136 of 287 Old 06-13-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workjw View Post
Ok, so now I have to ask, what is normal weight for this age? At our last checkup they told us to start cutting fat from Lizzie's diet b/c she was too big. I hadn't really worried about it much, but now I am beginning to wonder....

My neice is 16 mos and weighs almost 20 lbs, that seems about right with your kiddos, but Lizzie is way over that. Anyone else have a really big baby?
I totally don't think you need to worry unless you're giving her unhealthy foods. Babies come in different sizes just as adults do.
#137 of 287 Old 06-13-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:

Not sure about normal weight for this age, but Desmond is at 25 pounds give or take, he was 23 pounds 8 ounces at 12 months and in the 50th percentile for weight. I really won't start cutting fat from the diet this early, maybe by 3 or so, but if they are self fed they only eat till full at this point in time, some children are just bigger then others.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#138 of 287 Old 06-13-2008, 09:23 PM

I agree with Hanno... Romi is kinda stuck on 23lbs right now, but even if she was 30lbs, I wouldn't worry. Liam became a HUGE toddler after being a tiny baby and he's gone right back to being skinny again. Kids can really go up and down with their weight, so no worries!!

Shydaisy: I was just thinking about you today! Glad to hear from you! And sorry for the AF talk... I really don't know why some people get them back so early and some people can wait 2 yrs before it makes an appearance. Weird.
#139 of 287 Old 06-13-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I totally don't think you need to worry unless you're giving her unhealthy foods. Babies come in different sizes just as adults do.
Thanks! We eat pretty healthy, luckily my kids love veggies! Isn't it crazy the things you sometimes question? Me and the kids spent a week visiting my family, and it is hard not to compare our babies! My brother's dd1 is a few weeks older, and my sister's ds4 is like 8 weeks younger. Needless to say it's a circus when we come to town! Sometimes exhausting, but a whole lot of fun!

The first thing I did when I got home was hand the kids off to dh and go work in the garden! Dh thinks I'm crazy, but that was the highlight of my day..... peace and quiet!!!
#140 of 287 Old 06-14-2008, 02:11 AM

Quote:

I agree with the others! I wouldn't change her diet right now either...She actually NEEDS the fat for brain development (from what I understand - someone can correct me if I am wrong). All of society, but doctors especially are sooooo hung up on weight and appearance and it drives me bonkers. The dummy doc I took Micah to when he was sick said that Micah and I were both starving him : and that I needed to add oil into his foods to pack weight on him. As long as she is metering how much food she gets and you aren't stuffing her full, she will be fine. (I am assuming that she doesn't eat Mickey D's for every meal )

Quote:
I agree with Hanno... Romi is kinda stuck on 23lbs right now, but even if she was 30lbs, I wouldn't worry. Liam became a HUGE toddler after being a tiny baby and he's gone right back to being skinny again. Kids can really go up and down with their weight, so no worries!!

Shydaisy: I was just thinking about you today! Glad to hear from you! And sorry for the AF talk... I really don't know why some people get them back so early and some people can wait 2 yrs before it makes an appearance. Weird.
You thought of me?!?!

Oh, and I was just giving you a hard time about AF Although I am jealous.

#141 of 287 Old 06-14-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
yes! (wanna come visit??)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post

Whoa! That's great! My dad is going to help us buy a house, so we have been looking too. It's pretty exciting!to home ownership!

So it's HOT today. I just finished delivering mail (16.5 km!) and I'm exhausted...I can't believe I did this while pregnant (in the winter even)!
congrats to you! it is pretty exciting!
i can't believe you did that while pregnant either! kept you super healthy, i bet!

Quote:

zenon is over 25 lbs (was 25lbs 3oz at 1 year). i'm a petite person (though not super thin) and dh is not very big and kaylo was 20lbs and small looking at a year... zenon is huge! he still doesn't eat too much in the way of solids and probably nurses less than kaylo did back then. ...it's just the way that he is! i would definitely not change the diet of a one year old (unless the diet was crap like soda and big macs!) but it sounds like you do have some healthy kids there.

Quote:
i agree! (like i said...hehe)

#142 of 287 Old 06-14-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
zenon is over 25 lbs (was 25lbs 3oz at 1 year). i'm a petite person (though not super thin) and dh is not very big and kaylo was 20lbs and small looking at a year... zenon is huge! he still doesn't eat too much in the way of solids and probably nurses less than kaylo did back then. ...it's just the way that he is!
My dd1 was exactly like this - she put on a ton of weight in her first year and was way high on the drs charts (like never below 90% for weight). She never crawled, and started walking around a year and pretty much stopped putting on weight in her second year. She nursed a ton and was never big on solids. She is 6 now and is quite petite (both dh and I are small so I think she grew into her genes).

Dd2 is much more 'average' in her weight gain... she was about 20lb. at 1 year (haven't weighed her since then), but is pretty active compared to her sister... I think all the little ones really do vary in size, but this isn't necessarily indicative of health.
#143 of 287 Old 06-14-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
yay for summer!

finally (sorry i had good intentions of making a nice card and all but didn't get around to it--i feel like i'm so behind with everything lately)

zenon is down to one nap... shoot...i have to go get my climber...he's
standing on a tall chair again!
I thought you did make a nice card!

Quote:

for the lead abatement program!

Quote:

Scarlet's pretty big. Last time I weighed her she was 23lbs and that was a few months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
Hi, everyone! I haven't really felt like posting lately, but I have been lurking and reading!

It's been a rough week around here - one more chicken gone, then two more bitten, and all the turkey chicks we just got and the only hen we had left. And, I think I might have killed my cat. She's been sick, so I got her some medicine from the vet. She's been having a hard time breathing, lethargic and not eating well. So, I try to give her the pill yesterday morning, she bites me she was so mad (she is not a biter!), then moments later I heard heard her meowing, but not normally. I picked her up and tried to do anything I could but she couldn't breath and she just gave up in my arms. I don't know if it was me or that she was really just close to death - she was 14 years old. It was an awful day.
#144 of 287 Old 06-14-2008, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
It's been a rough week around here - one more chicken gone, then two more bitten, and all the turkey chicks we just got and the only hen we had left. And, I think I might have killed my cat. She's been sick, so I got her some medicine from the vet. She's been having a hard time breathing, lethargic and not eating well. So, I try to give her the pill yesterday morning, she bites me she was so mad (she is not a biter!), then moments later I heard heard her meowing, but not normally. I picked her up and tried to do anything I could but she couldn't breath and she just gave up in my arms. I don't know if it was me or that she was really just close to death - she was 14 years old. It was an awful day.
HUG - I'm so sorry for your losses. I think your cat was close to death. Cats usually show very few symptoms of illness until they are REALLY sick. If you saw her failing, then it was probably near her end. At least she was in your arms when she went, knowing you were trying your best to help.
#145 of 287 Old 06-14-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
I'm so,so sorry. Hugs to you sweet lady
#146 of 287 Old 06-14-2008, 10:45 PM

Quote:

#147 of 287 Old 06-14-2008, 10:48 PM

Oh Maximom!!
I'm so sorry for your loss
As koofie (hey, you changed your name!) said, she was probably close to death. I highly doubt that attempting to give medicine to a cat would kill her.
#148 of 287 Old 06-14-2008, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
As koofie (hey, you changed your name!)
Yeah! I was waiting for it to go through! I decided koofie was beter than trying to add Abby and becoming ariandabbysmomkoofie
#149 of 287 Old 06-15-2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Oh Maximom!!
I'm so sorry for your loss
As koofie (hey, you changed your name!) said, she was probably close to death. I highly doubt that attempting to give medicine to a cat would kill her.
Yeah, I just didn't know if she was choking on it. Thanks for the hugs, gals. You're all the best!
#150 of 287 Old 06-15-2008, 12:28 AM

Quote:

Oh, wow! I am so sorry!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page