April 2007 Babes - It's JUNE!!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 287 Old 06-18-2008, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
AAAHHH! Congrats!! : We'll get you excited!! But , it may be early spring--right?? Maybe there'll be a reason you don't know yet for it happening when it does.
But I'm excited for ya! (and you can't leave us for another ddc! )
Aww...thanks! I really needed that. And you're so right. I don't know the reason yet, but I know there is. I won't be leaving- I already went over there (feb 2009) and was reading a bit, and I thought, 'nausea? ouchie nursing? bloating? tiredness?? no thanks!' The less I read right now the better! I'll stay here and live my life with a toddler and a preschooler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Congrats I'm excited for you, and it will be end of Feb/beginning of March so almost spring baby.

Talking about pregnancy tests, I think I'm going to be taking one on Friday, I had light spotting on Monday, which may have been implantation bleeding, though it means I Oed really early. I've woken up every day since semi-nauseous though, so I figure I'll check to see if anything shows up.
Oh I hope so!! That would be great- I'd love to have someone else be preg with me from our ddc- that would be fun! Actually, I saw Citychic over there- I'm anxious to find out for you!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#182 of 287 Old 06-18-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Hey guys!
I'm slowly getting caught up! Hanno- any more about the commune?
Doudat- I had to laugh about the dh and stroller thing- that was cute and soooo like a man!

Here's the update. I took a test yesterday afternoon after a lot of liquid and got a faint positive. I kept on checking and checking it, in the light, in the dark. So I took another this morning, and sure enough- positive! So guess what? I can't really believe it- it's just the worst timing for me- I had HIGH hopes for spring/summer/early fall! Anyway- I want to keep it to myself for a bit, I like having a secret. I need to get used to it too. It's funny- of course I want to be pregnant and I want this baby, but it's a bit of a surprise. So I feel totally different than with Axel or Eva. Anyway. I guess I'm about 5-6 weeks.
Congrats, Queen!!!! Wow, all this pregnant talk, makes me wanna.

So I wanted to multi-quote, but they're all gone. Oh well. Thinking of you all!!!

Off to bake cookies and work on my garden today. Ah, domesticity.
#183 of 287 Old 06-18-2008, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh- and Micah's hair is soo cute! I was devastated when I cut Axel's curls off, but the grew back once it got longer again- give it time!!
And yep- dpo is days past ovulation
CONGRATS!!!

I'm so happy for you! Hugs though about the timing. It's hard when it happens before you are quite ready!
#184 of 287 Old 06-18-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Here's the update. I took a test yesterday afternoon after a lot of liquid and got a faint positive. I kept on checking and checking it, in the light, in the dark. So I took another this morning, and sure enough- positive! So guess what? I can't really believe it- it's just the worst timing for me- I had HIGH hopes for spring/summer/early fall! Anyway- I want to keep it to myself for a bit, I like having a secret. I need to get used to it too. It's funny- of course I want to be pregnant and I want this baby, but it's a bit of a surprise. So I feel totally different than with Axel or Eva. Anyway. I guess I'm about 5-6 weeks.
:

Wow!!! Congrats Queen!!! Everything happens for a reason, we wanted to wait as well when I found out I was pregnant with Romi... But she's the best thing that ever happened to us! And it'll be the same for you
#185 of 287 Old 06-18-2008, 11:23 PM

awww...thanks guys! I really appreciate the congratulations- I feel like I know you guys!

I went to LLL tonight and asked about nightweaning Eva. She still gets up once to nurse 3-4 nights a week. Not as frequent as you Tabrizia, but more than enough for me. I just feel like it's habit and I wouldn't mind it stopped!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#186 of 287 Old 06-18-2008, 11:35 PM

omg congrats!!!! it kinda makes me sad that i will never get to poas again!! but it is so exciting to see friends doing it!! lol

Quote:
Hey guys!
I'm slowly getting caught up! Hanno- any more about the commune?
Doudat- I had to laugh about the dh and stroller thing- that was cute and soooo like a man!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#187 of 287 Old 06-18-2008, 11:35 PM

Oh Queen, I am just so excited for you! I cried when I (sneakily?) read your new ddc intro. Those ladies have no idea how lucky they are the share a ddc with you Throw us a few pics from time to time?
I think I remember you saying you would like to homebirth next time, do you think that's possible at your house in February? Makes me think of Welcome with Love...which I just saw in the background of the pic with you and your sweet girl. It does seem like you had a very nice hospital birth with Eva, though. I really feel like you're a friend and I wish you the best X a million.
#188 of 287 Old 06-18-2008, 11:38 PM

also, I told my husband another woman in my ddc was pregnant and he guessed right away!

Kris, It's getting difficult to wait another year
#189 of 287 Old 06-19-2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
Oh Queen, I am just so excited for you! I cried when I (sneakily?) read your new ddc intro. Those ladies have no idea how lucky they are the share a ddc with you Throw us a few pics from time to time?
I think I remember you saying you would like to homebirth next time, do you think that's possible at your house in February? Makes me think of Welcome with Love...which I just saw in the background of the pic with you and your sweet girl. It does seem like you had a very nice hospital birth with Eva, though. I really feel like you're a friend and I wish you the best X a million.
Awww thanks hon! lol, you can sneakily read my posts anytime- although i don't really want to go back there yet- I'm enjoying this 'oh ya, I'm pregnant' stage- not on your mind constantly. Of course I'll share pics! do you think I could keep my great belly all to myself!? hahahaha...I'll be dying to show it off under winter sweaters!
I do want to try to homebirth. sure, I had probably the greatest hospital birth you could have, but I"m ready to be at home. going to convince my husband. it's so funny that Kameron guessed it was me! isn't he savy?!
I'm not sure what you mean about the welcome with love- which picture are you talking about? why isn't this something I noticed before??
thanks guys, again, I really really my internet friends. Anika- I WILL meet you at Hillside this year! You in flesh and blood represent all the friendships on here!!
:

#190 of 287 Old 06-19-2008, 12:10 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean about the welcome with love- which picture are you talking about? why isn't this something I noticed before??

On your facebook profile picture of you and Eva nursing, the book Welcome With Love is in the background. In it the baby is born in the winter with a midwife and the neighbour gives it the gift of firewood.
#191 of 287 Old 06-19-2008, 12:57 AM

Quote:
awww...thanks guys! I really appreciate the congratulations- I feel like I know you guys!

I went to LLL tonight and asked about nightweaning Eva. She still gets up once to nurse 3-4 nights a week. Not as frequent as you Tabrizia, but more than enough for me. I just feel like it's habit and I wouldn't mind it stopped!
Did you get any good ideas? Because honestly I really want Desmond night weaned. We are taking it slow, and getting rid of the 2am feeding helps a lot, but I really want that 4am feeding and even the 6am feeding gone too if possible.

Of course we need to redrop the 2am feeding again, sigh, if anything changes in his sleeping patterns it comes back, and since we're going on vacation on Friday I have a feeling it isn't going to go away till after we get back (and probably not till after he gets use to his new bed we're buying once we get back).

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#192 of 287 Old 06-19-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
also, I told my husband another woman in my ddc was pregnant and he guessed right away!

Kris, It's getting difficult to wait another year
i know!!! maybe we should try earlier than next july?? when are you thinkin

Quote:
Awww thanks hon! lol, you can sneakily read my posts anytime- although i don't really want to go back there yet- I'm enjoying this 'oh ya, I'm pregnant' stage- not on your mind constantly. Of course I'll share pics! do you think I could keep my great belly all to myself!? hahahaha...I'll be dying to show it off under winter sweaters!
I do want to try to homebirth. sure, I had probably the greatest hospital birth you could have, but I"m ready to be at home. going to convince my husband. it's so funny that Kameron guessed it was me! isn't he savy?!
thanks guys, again, I really really my internet friends. Anika- I WILL meet you at Hillside this year! You in flesh and blood represent all the friendships on here!!
:
that's funny that you write you have to share your great belly with us!! i love that. no offense all--but queen does win best belly (or at least best belly shots) in my book. those photos your friend took are hard to forget.
i think you'll love having a homebirth--especially after a great hospital birth--i think you'll just find it even better! sending some good vibes that dh is open to the idea!

Quote:
On your facebook profile picture of you and Eva nursing, the book Welcome With Love is in the background. In it the baby is born in the winter with a midwife and the neighbour gives it the gift of firewood.
i that book...

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#193 of 287 Old 06-19-2008, 09:53 AM

Think of us please. Kamrin lost his job this morning
#194 of 287 Old 06-19-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
OH NO!!! I'm so sorry hanno!!! praying for you!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#195 of 287 Old 06-19-2008, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm so sorry
#196 of 287 Old 06-19-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
#197 of 287 Old 06-19-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:

Oh no . I hope he finds something new quickly.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#198 of 287 Old 06-19-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Oh! I am so sorry!!

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
#199 of 287 Old 06-19-2008, 04:53 PM

Queen!! Congratulations!! I am so so so so so happy for you!:: And I can't wait to see you at Hillside. Are you bringing the whole fam? Omgosh, I'm so excited that you're having another baby!

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#200 of 287 Old 06-19-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Xi. That sucks. I hope something works out quickly for you guys.

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#201 of 287 Old 06-19-2008, 08:35 PM

Oh wow, Xiola, I'm so sorry to hear that. Are there a lot of work opportunities where you live? Hopefully he'll be able to find something soon, if not, is there employment insurance in the states? :
#202 of 287 Old 06-19-2008, 11:48 PM

not much going on-eh?? just some wonderful news and horrible news. i hope that something comes along soon, xi! michigan is in rough shape.

i really wanted to go strawberry picking at this great organic farm...but it's an hour and a half away. (it has a cafe and play area for kids on the farm too!) but my best friend has a job interview tomorrow and my other friends just backed out too. i don't mind taking the boys alone but i thought it would be a lot more fun with friends. i don't really have any other friends to ask.

#203 of 287 Old 06-19-2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
oh, xiola, I'm so sorry! will he be able to get another job quickly? do you have any other source of income in the meantime? s: hang in there! I'm sure this has been a rough day for you!

#204 of 287 Old 06-20-2008, 01:24 AM

xiola - this may open you to new opportunties, but I know it's hard to get cut off like that. I've been fired plenty! Hang in there, mama and let us know if we can help.

kris - Wish I could beam myself there - why haven't we mastered time travel yet?

Good news here is that dh caught the offending critter last night. No more raccoon feasting on our birds. It was a smart one and knew our patterns pretty well. It's been a week since this started and it outsmarted every trap. Dh stayed up last night waiting for it, and I say halleluiah to ye olde shotgun. Our little homestead here breathed a great sigh of relief today, whew.

In cute baby news, my friend brought her two kids over today and Scarlet was trying to kiss her babe (7mo, Marcella). So sweet. It was a strange thing to be with my college friend of 20 years, nursing our babies together, when I think of all the crazy times we had together.
#205 of 287 Old 06-20-2008, 01:48 AM

Queen: I didn't get a chance to finish posting earlier, but I haven't forgotten about you!

: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :

Maximom: Your post about Scarlet kissing the babe reminded me about a question I have been meaning to ask everyone....Does anyone's babe NOT kiss? Micah will only *occasionally* hug and he has to be in the mood for it...but doesn't really kiss. I was just wondering if anyone else has a child like this....Do you think it could be I don't kiss him enough? We have a lot of bad days, but I really thought I was giving him a lot of affection...I'm just worried I guess. It is really hard doing this on my own.

Oh, and I am having to find someone else to watch Micah for the first half of my workshift, and I am very nervous. He has never been without either me, my mom or my dad. However, he is becoming too much of a handful for them to watch at their business. It was difficult before, but now that he is walking...: I have found someone that I think I am going to go with. She doesn't do everything the way that I would, but she is willing to do CDing and work with a little bit of signing (I just have to show her).

#206 of 287 Old 06-20-2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
Queen: I didn't get a chance to finish posting earlier, but I haven't forgotten about you!

: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :

Maximom: Your post about Scarlet kissing the babe reminded me about a question I have been meaning to ask everyone....Does anyone's babe NOT kiss? Micah will only *occasionally* hug and he has to be in the mood for it...but doesn't really kiss. I was just wondering if anyone else has a child like this....Do you think it could be I don't kiss him enough? We have a lot of bad days, but I really thought I was giving him a lot of affection...I'm just worried I guess. It is really hard doing this on my own.

Oh, and I am having to find someone else to watch Micah for the first half of my workshift, and I am very nervous. He has never been without either me, my mom or my dad. However, he is becoming too much of a handful for them to watch at their business. It was difficult before, but now that he is walking...: I have found someone that I think I am going to go with. She doesn't do everything the way that I would, but she is willing to do CDing and work with a little bit of signing (I just have to show her).
My boy wasn't a kisser either - still isn't and I'm sure I squeezed and kissed him as much as I do Scarlet. I love the baby cheeks! Don't worry, you're doing great. I can only imagine how hard it must be to be a single mom, lucky you have your family to help when they can. Good luck with the sitter, I'm sure it will work out fine.
#207 of 287 Old 06-20-2008, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
My boy wasn't a kisser either - still isn't and I'm sure I squeezed and kissed him as much as I do Scarlet. I love the baby cheeks! Don't worry, you're doing great. I can only imagine how hard it must be to be a single mom, lucky you have your family to help when they can. Good luck with the sitter, I'm sure it will work out fine.
Thanks for saying that I know it is probably silly to think that way, but I am a worry wart.

#208 of 287 Old 06-20-2008, 07:25 AM

Liam never really kissed either. But he became the most affectionate little boy ever! He kisses all the time now. Seriously, all the time. Yesterday when he left for daycare, he gave me the required 15 kisses and outside with dh he sighed and told him that he loves me too much (he confuses too much with a lot!).

And Romi is now starting to give us kisses... To be honest, I think she learnt it at daycare cause one day I was pointing at my nose, saying "nose!" and she was pointing at it, then I pointed at my mouth and said "mouth!" and she leaned in and kissed it. Very solemn like and serious. She doesn't give kisses for fun though, just when we point to our mouths
#209 of 287 Old 06-20-2008, 07:49 AM

I don't recall my older two kids giving kisses until they were much older, and I really didn't notice this until recently when Chloe started kissing us (well, mostly me) all the time. It's a pretty cute phase but I don't think that it is a stage that all kids go through.
#210 of 287 Old 06-20-2008, 09:43 AM

Good morning!
Kris, I'd gladly go picking with you! We love strawberries- I love that both the kids eat them (Axel is very picky right now!)

Shydaisy- I don't really think every kid is as kissy. Evangeline is really kissy, she does kiss for fun, but I'm sure this is a personality thing. I'm sure Micah has gotten a ton of affection, and his lack of kissieness is purely part of his personality. Besides, it's no big deal. It's cute, but not something essential. Thanks for the congrats!
It must be hard to have find people to watch Micah. You're lucky that your parents could up until now. I just had to talk to my mother-in-law, who watches the kids 2 mornings a week- she was slapping Axel on the mouth/face whenever he spit. I had to tell her we don't allow hitting. I must say, I was very tactful and not scared at all. Motherhood must be doing something to me!

Tabrizia- the book the LLL leader recommended was Good Nights by Dr. Jay Gordon. He describes a 10 day method of 'sleep training', which sounded very reasonable. I think someone here has already mentioned it, maybe doudat? It's funny, because since Wed Eva hasn't woken up!

We're going away this weekend for a friends wedding, we get to stay at a resort and have fun. I'm expecting the nice night pattern to end too, but maybe we'll try the 10 day thing next week. I was really looking forward to this weekend to really enjoy myself, have a couple drinks (child care provided, no driving) and have fun, but now I guess I'll have to scale back!

Strangely, I'm feeling awesome. I have a crazy amount of energy, I feel cheerful and motivated, my boobs do not hurt, nursing is still going great, apparantly pregnancy is the preferred state for my body! Has anyone else here had experience with tandem nursing? I can't remember! (sorry) I want to nurse Eva as long as possible/natural for us, I feel like she's still so young.
Ok, anyway! Guess I'm chatty too!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page