Forum Jump: 

#241 of 287 Old 06-26-2008, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
I'm so depressed. Our life insura\
\nce people sent out a nurse to assess our physical state and he *gulp* weighed me. I weigh 140lbs!!!!!! I hadn't stepped on a scale since forever. Nico weighs only 10lbs more than me. And to make it worst, my diastisi recti is still in full force, and reading up on it, seems like surgery might be the only option (I look pregnant, it sucks). Sorry to be so superficial. I feel like crap
mama. I hate feeling down about my appearance. ]\\What is diastisi recti?
You always look lovely to me in your pics

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#242 of 287 Old 06-26-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
I'm so depressed. Our life insurance people sent out a nurse to assess our physical state and he *gulp* weighed me. I weigh 140lbs!!!!!! I hadn't stepped on a scale since forever. Nico weighs only 10lbs more than me. And to make it worst, my diastisi recti is still in full force, and reading up on it, seems like surgery might be the only option (I look pregnant, it sucks). Sorry to be so superficial. I feel like crap
I hope you don't have to have surgery for your abdomen.

I'm sorry you don't feel comfortable with your weight. I found it difficult to feel good about my size and had very disordered eating when I lived in Montreal. So many super thin and perfect-seeming people. There are boutiques where the largest size is a 6 Know that you are beautiful and eat healthy so that you can be strong for yourself and your family. Look at Romi and Liam- your body MADE those people! It is awesome
#243 of 287 Old 06-26-2008, 10:08 PM

The job situation goes not far. We had to spend most of the week applying for Medicaid and Unemployment and job banks, temp agencies, personnel services and all that junk. Our friends who got fired too have already found jobs but the hours are 10 hours a day, 7 days a week making military vehicles. Ethically, this would be very difficult for Kam and the hours would be even worse.
#244 of 287 Old 06-26-2008, 11:45 PM

Quote:
I'm so depressed. Our life insurance people sent out a nurse to assess our physical state and he *gulp* weighed me. I weigh 140lbs!!!!!! I hadn't stepped on a scale since forever. Nico weighs only 10lbs more than me. And to make it worst, my diastisi recti is still in full force, and reading up on it, seems like surgery might be the only option (I look pregnant, it sucks). Sorry to be so superficial. I feel like crap
oh mama! that's hard! I hope you don't have to have surgery. maybe that's the good thing about living in rural vermont--most women around here are sporting comfy clothes like me...no pressure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Well, I finally got my new laptop, yay! So now I can upload some pics for your enjoyment!

Lovin' his big brother
Truckers
Fun in the tiniest sandbox ever
Be gentle with the kitty...

...or else she'll getcha!

Just cuteness:
cute cute cute! i love his wispy curls!! yay for the new laptop!

Quote:
mama. I hate feeling down about my appearance. ]\\What is diastisi recti?
You always look lovely to me in your pics
i agree! you do always look lovely! i love your clothes and i love your hair! i think you're a milf! (can i say that on here??)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
The job situation goes not far. We had to spend most of the week applying for Medicaid and Unemployment and job banks, temp agencies, personnel services and all that junk. Our friends who got fired too have already found jobs but the hours are 10 hours a day, 7 days a week making military vehicles. Ethically, this would be very difficult for Kam and the hours would be even worse.
i hope something comes your way soon!! that job sounds horrible! adam just suggested sending you something (when i told him about the situation).

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#245 of 287 Old 06-27-2008, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
*Wave*
Here's to sleepy babies...:

Quote:
Oh, doudat, I'd feel bad, too. Shame on that nurse for making you feel so crappy. We love you no matter what shape you are.

Quote:
Well, I finally got my new laptop, yay! So now I can upload some pics for your enjoyment!

Lovin' his big brother
Truckers

Just cuteness:
Darling!

Quote:
I was wondering about you, too. Something right will come around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
i agree! you do always look lovely! i love your clothes and i love your hair! i think you're a milf! (can i say that on here??)
Just hope no one asks what it means! You're sassy, girl.
#246 of 287 Old 06-27-2008, 02:04 AM

Everyone is asleep and I'm here eating chocolate ice cream. I spent the day preparing and cooking meals for the weekend, it's going to be in the 90's. Blah. Guess I'll be spending my spare time in the kiddie pool.
#247 of 287 Old 06-27-2008, 10:12 AM

Thanks mamas :
And the nurse didn't say anything to me, it was just my reaction to my weight that made me feel crappy. That and the stupid Diastasis Recti... Anika: that's when your abdominal muscles separate during pregnancy but don't fuse back afterwards.

But milf made me
#248 of 287 Old 06-27-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:

Lovin' his big brother
Truckers

Just cuteness:
Those boys are so sweet.
Quote:
It's true!
Quote:
i hope something comes your way soon!! that job sounds horrible! adam just suggested sending you something (when i told him about the situation).
awwww... give him a little smooch for me?
#249 of 287 Old 06-27-2008, 02:13 PM

another job offer:
3 days a week, 12 hour days, every other weekend, 6pm to 6am
auto manufacturing with heavy lifting

all this seems doable except- it's only $9 an hour and 15 miles away with gas prices being over $4 a gallon

thoughts?

it starts tonight and Kam doesn't know yet because he's out job hunting
#250 of 287 Old 06-27-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
another job offer:
3 days a week, 12 hour days, every other weekend, 6pm to 6am
auto manufacturing with heavy lifting

all this seems doable except- it's only $9 an hour and 15 miles away with gas prices being over $4 a gallon

thoughts?

it starts tonight and Kam doesn't know yet because he's out job hunting
hmm...seems like a lot of driving for $9.00/hr... hate to see you spend a lot of your pay on gas. but some money is better than no money-right? it's long days for you too, mama!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#251 of 287 Old 06-27-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
hmm...seems like a lot of driving for $9.00/hr... hate to see you spend a lot of your pay on gas. but some money is better than no money-right? it's long days for you too, mama!

That's the catch. It would be less money than unemployment insurance, which we don't know if he's approved or not. It seems wrong to accept unemployment if there is any chance of us surviving on the income. Gah!

He applied for a job at the library and that's biking distance. Also a few goverment/state jobs which would be great for benefits and since we live downtown, would also be biking or walking distance.
#252 of 287 Old 06-27-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
That's the catch. It would be less money than unemployment insurance, which we don't know if he's approved or not. It seems wrong to accept unemployment if there is any chance of us surviving on the income. Gah!

He applied for a job at the library and that's biking distance. Also a few goverment/state jobs which would be great for benefits and since we live downtown, would also be biking or walking distance.
Personally, I would hold out for a job closer to home and take the unemployment insurance. And I wouldn't feel bad about it either. That's just me though. Dp goes on ei every winter because he's in landscaping, and can never find a job that will pay as much as the EI does in the winter or that wants a worker that is going to leave in March, yk? Plus it would never work out for us with childcare costs as well.

And can someone tell me what milf means??

#253 of 287 Old 06-27-2008, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Personally, I would hold out for a job closer to home and take the unemployment insurance. And I wouldn't feel bad about it either. That's just me though.

And can someone tell me what milf means??
ditto

and

ditto

:

ETA

Our condo is off the market as of today
#254 of 287 Old 06-27-2008, 03:25 PM

I'll PM the meaning of milf
#255 of 287 Old 06-27-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koofie View Post

I'm sorry, that stinks!
#256 of 287 Old 06-27-2008, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I can't wait to share with DH

Come to think of it, he'll probably already know
#257 of 287 Old 06-27-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:

i second what anika said-- take the insurance and hold out for a closer/better job. that'd be awesome if he got a job at the library!

Quote:

#258 of 287 Old 06-27-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:

#259 of 287 Old 06-27-2008, 03:37 PM

oh my, is it hot in here??

hehe

koofie, that sucks about your condo. We are in the process of buying, and it's the opposite problem for us. Everytime we find a house in our price range, it's gone or there are multiple bids. It can be so frustrating!

#260 of 287 Old 06-27-2008, 03:41 PM

Oh and we've been working on the house a ton. This weekend we'll be finally sanding the floors in the trash room (which is no longer trashed and has been painted), the bedroom and the kitchen. We're removing the doors so the front part of the house will be all open. It's wonderful to not have to go through the bathroom to get anywhere and I'm excited about the floor being nicer. I guess this means we're staying here! I've found that I can sand all the rust off the tub so it's looking better too.
#261 of 287 Old 06-27-2008, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

When our condo was under contract, we had the same problem. At this point, our condo is over priced, and DH is firm that he won't go down more in price. The frustrating part is that we chased the market, and if we'd been priced this low in March/April it would have sold quickly, I think.
#262 of 287 Old 06-27-2008, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh and we've been working on the house a ton. This weekend we'll be finally sanding the floors in the trash room (which is no longer trashed and has been painted), the bedroom and the kitchen. We're removing the doors so the front part of the house will be all open. It's wonderful to not have to go through the bathroom to get anywhere and I'm excited about the floor being nicer. I guess this means we're staying here! I've found that I can sand all the rust off the tub so it's looking better too.
The thing I love about fixing up a house is that when you are done, you see the result of your labor and it looks good!
#263 of 287 Old 06-27-2008, 06:53 PM

See hanno, now you have time to work on your house! I'd hold out for a job closer to home. Kamrin has earned the unemployment, it is there for these times. Hang in there!

koofie - It sucks you won't be able to get the place you want right now, but I think we're coming into some times where people will be glad they even have a place to live.
#264 of 287 Old 06-27-2008, 11:38 PM

Quote:
that's exciting! i agree with maximom--use this time with kamrin around more... do the things you need to do with the house. i can't wait to de-lead and then fix up this house.

Quote:
When our condo was under contract, we had the same problem. At this point, our condo is over priced, and DH is firm that he won't go down more in price. The frustrating part is that we chased the market, and if we'd been priced this low in March/April it would have sold quickly, I think.
i just always believe things happen the way that they are supposed. i really trust that. at least you are not in a situation where you can't afford your place...the foreclosure situation is popping up more around here now.
but i hope that things change sooner rather than later and you can get the place you really want and sell yours.

#265 of 287 Old 06-28-2008, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
i just always believe things happen the way that they are supposed. i really trust that. at least you are not in a situation where you can't afford your place...the foreclosure situation is popping up more around here now.
but i hope that things change sooner rather than later and you can get the place you really want and sell yours.
I agree, but I just really wanted to be in a place where the girls could go out and play, and where Ari could have friends nearby once she started school. On the upside, we really love our place. The rooms are large and comfortable, and since we remodeled the kitchen I have actually started cooking!
#266 of 287 Old 06-28-2008, 09:17 AM

hey guys! checking in again- of course, my internet has been down again- and it's randomly working!
going back to catch up...:

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#267 of 287 Old 06-28-2008, 11:38 PM

hey guys- I caught up a little bit....am I a thread killer or what?! sure is quiet around here!

Hanno- how's kamrin doing? I've been thinking about you guys!
Doudat- I'm sorry to hear about your body issues- personally I think 140 sounds great! are you very petite? I'm sorry about the abdominal thing, though, that doesn't sound very nice- I'd heard of it, but didn't know it would require surgery. fwiw, I always think you look great too! and finn'smama- I sure laughed at your compliment to her!

So Evangeline is so cute right now. She's always doing this wrinkly nose thing when she smiles. She uses a fork and a knife, haha I mean spoon- she's used a fork for ahwile and she even eats cereal out of a bowl with a spoon in the morning! I think it's so cute- she's so poised and proper. She's very much into imitating right now. She tries everything she sees.
I mentioned before about the nightweaning- well, wouldn't you know that since I went to that LLL I haven't had to do a damn thing! She's slept through. :

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#268 of 287 Old 06-29-2008, 12:23 AM

Hey all we got home last night, I uploaded picture today, but haven't posted them yet. We also went out berry picking today.

Oh the big news is we bought Desmond his own bed. It should arrive on Monday. We just bought the mattress and box spring and figure we'll put it on the floor without the box spring for now. It is going to be weird having a real bed for him, but I am hoping it helps him sleep longer at night before waking up, he is still welcome in our bed whenever, but it would be kind of nice to have it to the two (well three with the dog) of us every once in awhile. It felt so weird buying him his own bed, like he is all grown up. Of course he will probably end up in our bed every night or one of us will end up in there with him, but still.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#269 of 287 Old 06-29-2008, 08:58 AM

Hanno: I agree with everyone... Let Kamrin take his EI and relax a bit. Rushing to grab a job that's below what he'd get on EI is kind of silly. I sure hope he finds something he loves soon!

koofie: wow, that's scary about the real estate market in the US right now... Here it's still a seller's market, but I'm thinking we'll follow the US's suit soon enough. And I'm scared of things to come . Makes me happy we bought a duplex and have someone renting above us for financial security reasons.

Queen: thanks for the compliment! I'm 5'4", so pretty average. it's not the weight as much as the lack of loss of weight that surprised me! And I'm doing special exercises for my diastisis to see if it helps any...

Romi is so into imitating as well, it's hilarious! Everything we do, she does.
And she started to throw tantrums! If she wants something and can't get it, watch out! She was so mellow and now she's developping quite a nasty streek. It's quite surprising!

Good luck with the bed Tabrizia!
#270 of 287 Old 06-29-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
So Evangeline is so cute right now. She's always doing this wrinkly nose thing when she smiles. She uses a fork and a knife, haha I mean spoon- she's used a fork for ahwile and she even eats cereal out of a bowl with a spoon in the morning! I think it's so cute- she's so poised and proper. She's very much into imitating right now. She tries everything she sees.
I mentioned before about the nightweaning- well, wouldn't you know that since I went to that LLL I haven't had to do a damn thing! She's slept through. :
Scarlet is feeding herself pretty well now, too. It is so cute, especially when she wipes her mouth with a napkin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Hey all we got home last night, I uploaded picture today, but haven't posted them yet. We also went out berry picking today.

Oh the big news is we bought Desmond his own bed. It should arrive on Monday. We just bought the mattress and box spring and figure we'll put it on the floor without the box spring for now. It is going to be weird having a real bed for him, but I am hoping it helps him sleep longer at night before waking up, he is still welcome in our bed whenever, but it would be kind of nice to have it to the two (well three with the dog) of us every once in awhile. It felt so weird buying him his own bed, like he is all grown up. Of course he will probably end up in our bed every night or one of us will end up in there with him, but still.
With ds, Max, we skipped the crib and got him a single bed that we put right next to our bed. It's still there! Most of the time I can put him and Scarlet to sleep on it so dh and I can have a little room, but they both end up with us as some point.

Quote:

Romi is so into imitating as well, it's hilarious! Everything we do, she does.
And she started to throw tantrums! If she wants something and can't get it, watch out! She was so mellow and now she's developping quite a nasty streek. It's quite surprising!

Good luck with the bed Tabrizia!
Ah the tantrum, it's starting here, too. A piercing scream if we take her away from something she shouldn't be doing. Quite the personality, she is. Btw, we're the same height. Last time I weighed myself I was 137, but I figure most of it is boob weight and muscle the farm life creates. Hope the exercises help.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page