April 2007 Babes - It's JUNE!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-01-2008, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, new thread time!

I'll place this link back in the old thread. I can't believe our second summer with these little ones is upon us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
So, I don't know if I mentioned to you guys that I'd found someone to watch the kids a couple of days a week and they love going there. Finn especially, she has a ds who is the same age. Anyway yesterday, I realized that she's an MDC mama! Isn't that funny! No wonder it's been going so well!
yay! I'm curious
Old 06-01-2008, 08:41 PM

Subbing for now!
Old 06-01-2008, 10:00 PM

Glad the sitter is going well and that is neat that she is a MDC mom.

I don't have a daily sitter, but I am really thankful to have my in-laws and brother and his girlfriend nearby since I have sitters when needed, though not on a daily basis.

We had a bunch of fun at the Aquarium today, Desmond enjoyed looking at the "dish". I have pictures up at my blog. It has been a nice weekend all and all.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 06-01-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Glad the sitter is going well and that is neat that she is a MDC mom.

I don't have a daily sitter, but I am really thankful to have my in-laws and brother and his girlfriend nearby since I have sitters when needed, though not on a daily basis.

We had a bunch of fun at the Aquarium today, Desmond enjoyed looking at the "dish". I have pictures up at my blog. It has been a nice weekend all and all.
you're so good at keeping up with pictures! i enjoyed them all! the strawberry ones are perfect summer shots!

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 06-01-2008, 11:12 PM

Hi everyone,

It's amazing what happens in a month... Chloe was hardly walking at the beginning of May and now she is running all over the place.

Unfortunately, she's often running to the bathroom to play with the toilet water

Feels more like we have a toddler in the house!
Old 06-01-2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizLiz View Post
Hi everyone,

It's amazing what happens in a month... Chloe was hardly walking at the beginning of May and now she is running all over the place.

Unfortunately, she's often running to the bathroom to play with the toilet water

Feels more like we have a toddler in the house!
I so agree! What is with the toilet water and toddlers anyway??

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 06-02-2008, 12:56 AM

Quote:
I so agree! What is with the toilet water and toddlers anyway??
No clue but all our toilets have locks on them now thanks to the whole toddler and toilet water thing. The toilet is the first thing Desmond heads to when he sees a bathroom door open.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 06-02-2008, 02:29 AM

Hi everyone I've been so busy and haven't been on the boards much. Hope everyone is doing well!

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
Old 06-02-2008, 03:55 AM

Scarlet likes to throw things into the toilet - great.

Hi serenitii
Old 06-02-2008, 11:36 AM

haha--yah, little ones and toilets...zenon loves it. though he loves any water he can splash in.

hi serenitii! how are you?

Old 06-02-2008, 12:09 PM

Serenetii! I've been wondering where you've been! Nice to see you

So, I think Arlo ate a snail.He likes to put them in his mouth when no one is looking, and today when I was sweeping the floor I could hear him kinda gagging, and when I looked he started coughing and crying and then he puked a bit and I could see all this crushed up shell! Gross! Anyway, do you think eating a snail is gonna make him sick or anything?? Should I take him to the doc or just wait and see. He seems fine btw. Gah, I nearly puked myself. I can't imagine crunching up a snail and eating it. Eeeeeeew!

Old 06-02-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Scarlet likes to throw things into the toilet - great.

Hi serenitii
that makes me think of the commercial and after the flush the toddler lets outa big laugh.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 06-02-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:

So, I think Arlo ate a snail.He likes to put them in his mouth when no one is looking, and today when I was sweeping the floor I could hear him kinda gagging, and when I looked he started coughing and crying and then he puked a bit and I could see all this crushed up shell! Gross! Anyway, do you think eating a snail is gonna make him sick or anything?? Should I take him to the doc or just wait and see. He seems fine btw. Gah, I nearly puked myself. I can't imagine crunching up a snail and eating it. Eeeeeeew!
First off ewww eww eww, second people do eat snails, though not the shell part so I would assume he will be okay, but can't hurt to call the doctor if you are worried.

Last night over here was "fun" Desmond has actually been going to bed around 9/9:30 lately which is nice (it will be nicer when we transition him into his own bed so I can leave once he's asleep, but still nice now). Last night he woke at 1:30am with a wet diaper so I changed it, but he won't go back to sleep so I went ahead and nursed him, even I really am trying not to nurse him before 4am. He stopped nursing and the was wet again so he got changed again, but he won't sleep, he didn't want to get up either, eventually after an hour and a half or so of intermittent crying and nursing he finally went back to sleep, sigh.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:41 PM

Poor Arlo! I would just wait and watch him for now. Maybe he will learn not to eat them...or maybe not. Do you think you have a future French chef on your hands?

And I was planning on watching LOST this weekend. It didn't record!!!! So now I have to pull it up on the computer sometime and watch it there. We had a storm that night and I think the baby sitter turned the TV on and something must have happened. Rats.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 06-02-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:

the french do it. i woulda puked . if it were me i would have freaked out and called the doc or ask-a-nurse or something to ask their opinion or even searched online for info. i have heard some snails can make you sick. but if he seems fine, i would keep an eye out for fever, diarrhes etc.

anybody else have climbers? DD climbs everything. she trys to climb up on the toilet and the table. if there is a chair in front of it she will try to climb it. i have to keep her constantly interested in what i am doing to keep her off of stuff. she started walking at 10 months. she has even tried to climb up her sisters bunk bed ladder.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

anybody else have climbers? DD climbs everything. she trys to climb up on the toilet and the table. if there is a chair in front of it she will try to climb it. i have to keep her constantly interested in what i am doing to keep her off of stuff. she started walking at 10 months. she has even tried to climb up her sisters bunk bed ladder.

We've got a climber. Here is my blog post about him climbing in April. He will climb anything he can find, we've found him on top of the dining room table, on DH's desk, trying to climb the bookshelf, sitting happily in the rocking chair (semi high up), etc etc, we have to make sure there is nothing that he can use to boost himself up onto chairs etc and we have to keep a good eye on him still, because he will find some way to climb up, even if we think we don't have anything around that will work.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:55 PM

I think that many calcium supplements are shell-based, but yick!

So there's an application sitting on the mantle for a vegetarian co-op house (pretty much another name for commune) : How many hippy points would that be? We're totally torn about pursuing it, but there are so many positives and negatives that I don't know where it would balance out.
Help!
Old 06-02-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:

i have to laugh! i'm sure he'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post

So there's an application sitting on the mantle for a vegetarian co-op house (pretty much another name for commune) : How many hippy points would that be? We're totally torn about pursuing it, but there are so many positives and negatives that I don't know where it would balance out.
Help!
tell us more! sounds interesting. dh would not be into that...but i think i would. we've always dreamed of buying a huge chunk of land (yah right ) and having like-minded people buy pieces of it...turning it into a land co-op of sorts. buuuut. land is so expensive and dh is changing so i doubt that will happen.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
the french do it. i woulda puked . if it were me i would have freaked out and called the doc or ask-a-nurse or something to ask their opinion or even searched online for info. i have heard some snails can make you sick. but if he seems fine, i would keep an eye out for fever, diarrhes etc.

Mine's a climber, too. She started walking at 9 months and I am constantly pulling her off the counter. Her favorite lately is to stand up rock on the rocking chair.

Quote:

Help!
What are the pluses and minuses? Would you be living in a large house with lots of people, or have your own living space?
Old 06-02-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
tell us more! sounds interesting. dh would not be into that...but i think i would. we've always dreamed of buying a huge chunk of land (yah right ) and having like-minded people buy pieces of it...turning it into a land co-op of sorts. buuuut. land is so expensive and dh is changing so i doubt that will happen.

*there's another baby there (17 months) who is sweet and patient with Ion. She feeds him and shares with him She is super smart and has tons of signs
*her mama is a really nice apprentice midwife who should be done by the time we're ready
*her papa is a great cook
*there are always children everywhere
*every person we've met seems so kind
*I'd only need to cook once a week!
*there are tons of things for Ion to get into
*I wouldn't have to worry about fixing this house
*sometimes I like to be crabby and alone
*no sexism, racism, homophobia or meat allowed
*dairy/eggs/honey/animal skin drums are present (Ion loves all the drums so I just cringe and bear it)
*lovely garden
*big yard with lots of trees
*organic food (I'm a food nut!)
*pre-existing cats aren't veg and mine are (it's not that hard to keep dogs from sharing, but cats??)
*pretty huge money savings
*energy conserved
*playground next door
*other children are homeschooled
*we've moved every year and I'm tired of it, even though it's only 2 blocks away
*big house

some of the pluses could be minuses too

join me, kris!

what is changing about your husband?
Old 06-02-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
*there's another baby there (17 months) who is sweet and patient with Ion. She feeds him and shares with him She is super smart and has tons of signs
*her mama is a really nice apprentice midwife who should be done by the time we're ready
*dairy/eggs/honey/animal skin drums are present (Ion loves all the drums so I just cringe and bear it)
*lovely garden
*pre-existing cats aren't veg and mine are (it's not that hard to keep dogs from sharing, but cats??)
*energy conserved
*playground next door
*we've moved every year and I'm tired of it, even though it's only 2 blocks away
*big house

join me, kris!

so, you're all in the same house?? do you have a lot of space for yourself?? how many families are there? so, would it be easy to stay vegan there? the good things sound really good. i guess i'd be nervous about getting along with the people that i'm living with...and feeling like i have my "own" space.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
i have to laugh! i'm sure he'll be fine.

Oh, I laughed too! And he's totally fine, btw...

Old 06-02-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
so, you're all in the same house?? do you have a lot of space for yourself?? how many families are there? so, would it be easy to stay vegan there? the good things sound really good. i guess i'd be nervous about getting along with the people that i'm living with...and feeling like i have my "own" space.
I think we'd get a room or two for ourselves. As far as I know there is one family and various singles and couples. And applying doesn't mean we'd get in.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
*lovely garden
*energy conserved
*playground next door
*big house

join me, kris!

I would do it just so I only had to cook once a week! But realistically, there is no way I could live with a bunch of other people (or they couldn't live with me, more likely!)

Old 06-02-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
I would do it just so I only had to cook once a week! But realistically, there is no way I could live with a bunch of other people (or they couldn't live with me, more likely!)
i hear ya!

Old 06-02-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
I think we'd get a room or two for ourselves. As far as I know there is one family and various singles and couples. And applying doesn't mean we'd get in.
so, you'll probably go through some interviews... that will be you a better feel for it all.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:10 PM

so, i took the boys to this place near us called zen gardens (beautiful 400 acres with ponds and cliffs) zenon was pretending to fish and fell in head first into a small channel between the little ponds! he was so upset and covered in algae and muck (his ear was full of gunk!) it was actually kinda funny. . it would have been scary if i wasn't right there.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
so, i took the boys to this place near us called zen gardens (beautiful 400 acres with ponds and cliffs) zenon was pretending to fish and fell in head first into a small channel between the little ponds! he was so upset and covered in algae and muck (his ear was full of gunk!) it was actually kinda funny. . it would have been scary if i wasn't right there.
eeeEEEEE!!! poor little man
Old 06-02-2008, 07:27 PM

I walked Ion over to the ER this morning because he's covered in huge bumps. The doctor thinks he's having an extreme reaction to mosquitoes.

User Tag List