Dd headbanging on crib. Pad the crib or big girl bed? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-03-2008, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have 26 month old twins. They used to go right down for their naps. I could lay them down right away and they would either not make a peep or my dd would cry for a minute and go to sleep. Now when we put her down she bangs her head on the bars and cries. We padded some of them and then she would switch to the other side. So I have to get her right away so she doesn't hurt herself, and she knows I will come in right away. Should I pad the whole crib or try big girl bed? My ds has his crib padded and he stopped banging his head when he realized it didn't hurt anymore (ds is on autism spectrum so he's definitely not ready for a big bed-he wouldn't understand to stay in it to sleep) They are in separate rooms. And now they aren't going to sleep until 9:30 or 10. My dh works nights so he leaves for work before they are asleep sometimes. So I can't spend 30 minutes by her bed trying to get her to sleep, because my ds would come in and they would start playing. Should I try a big girl bed, or leave my dd in the crib for as long as I can?

User Tag List