15 mo started pooping all day! Teething? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-14-2008, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS got his first 2 teeth around 8 months. They came in so easily we didn't even know he was teething until they were in.

Last week he had a fever of 102-104 overnight, was fussy and clingy and started drooling excessively the next day, and then started having looser stools so we thought maybe he was teething. Usually a once or twice a day pooper, DS has reached record highs in the BM department. Often just a little each time, varying in color and consistency. Sometimes he pushes out a little something every 15 minutes, especially when he squats to look at something or pick something up. I can't figure out what is going on?!

It is really tiring changing him so often and DS is hating it too. We were EC-ing until DS started resisting but of course now he's not used to having to lie still to be cleaned and changed. I just bought more diapers because we are having to wash his diapers everyday now and I don't know how long this is going to continue...

Is it teething? Could it be something else? Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-14-2008, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

I should mention that the drooling only lasted one day and he is a happy boy except when I am trying to change him. He is also eating and sleeping very well.
#3 of 3 Old 06-14-2008, 11:56 PM

I'm in a similar boat with my 14mo except he has been drooling constantly since 2 months and it's just getting worse. I'm tired of the yucky poos. I'm going to try tinkering with my boy's diet. I think he's getting too much fruit but it could also be teething.

Sounds like your lo may have a tummy bug though. I would say, if he is otherwise happy the best thing to do is watch him and keep him hydrated. Hopefully the poop period will be over for both of us soon.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page