!!~~Calling all APRIL 2007 babies and mamas~~It's August~~!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-16-2008, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
One of my LLL groups did pics in honer of world BF week..

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...laleche024.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...laleche011.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...laleche010.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...laleche025.jpg

So...Thursday, I forgot to e-brake my car and it rolled into on SUV..they got a scratch, I got a dent and broken tail light (maybe more..not sure yet). t the same time that happened the car DH was driving with little Johnny shut down and started smoking which brought the fire department and everything...ughhh...so, I guess we are car shopping now.

On the bright side, work should be slow these next 2wks so I get to spend time with Johnny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2008, 01:53 PM

We have internet!! Now to catch up...
:
Old 08-16-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
We have internet!! No to catch up...
:
:

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 08-16-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
We have internet!! Now to catch up...
:
hooray! welcome back! :

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 08-16-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelyndale View Post
Today we went to the Please Touch Museum in Philly. Ronan seemed to enjoy it. I think he'll really love it in a couple years. It's very close to the Franklin Institute, which also allows reciprocal admission. I might have to go back there tomorrow. THEY HAVE PIRATES!

I highly recommend checking out local zoos and museums and seeing purchasing a membership will allow you to get free/reduced reciprocal membership at other institutions. We're members of the little Virginia Discovery Museum in Charlottesville. That little museum is a member of the ASTC and the ACM. So when we travel, we can visit all sorts of museums for free! Plus, we spend lots of time at our little museum, which is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers. We can just hop in from time to time.

I'm also a member of the Philly Zoo, simply because we visit DH's family every other month or so. It's nice to not feel rushed at a zoo, because I know I can visit whenever I'm in the area! And the Philly Zoo membership also has a reciprocity program.

Basically, these memberships just let Ronan and I get out of the house and set off exploring wherever we are. (We also buy the National Parks pass each year.) And while the memberships do cost money, it's better than my other default--shopping. (Okay, so the Nat'l Parks pass just sends me off on wild goose chases, er . . . hikes. But there are no places up here in NJ where I feel safe hiking with just the urchin.)

Anyhow, today was fun. At some point I will have to address the banana in my backpack. It self imploded. :
that sounds great! wish we had zoos and museums around here... we can check out a pass to ECHO aquarium from our library and i want to do that with the boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
One of my LLL groups did pics in honer of world BF week..

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...laleche024.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...laleche011.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...laleche010.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...laleche025.jpg

So...Thursday, I forgot to e-brake my car and it rolled into on SUV..they got a scratch, I got a dent and broken tail light (maybe more..not sure yet). t the same time that happened the car DH was driving with little Johnny shut down and started smoking which brought the fire department and everything...ughhh...so, I guess we are car shopping now.

On the bright side, work should be slow these next 2wks so I get to spend time with Johnny
cute pictures! sorry to hear about your cars... hope you get one of them going soon!

Old 08-16-2008, 08:23 PM

Before I attempt to catch up on here, let me just say something about my kid.

He can talk!! well...a little anyway. It just didn't seem to me that he was ever going to have any words but I guess we didn't see how his brain works. We started doing a few simple signs in the last month and he loves it. He'll often say the sign and the word at the same time like we do and then point. It's like he needed a symbol to put it together.

Here's what he has so far:
fish (sign and say 'dish')
milk/nurse (sign)
more (sign)
bird/duck (says duck and does sign for bird)
dad (sign and say)
dog (sign and say)
eat (sign)
ball (sign and say)
kitty (says ditty)
hey (says)
hi (says)
yes (says)
mama (says, when we ask what the sign for mama is, he signs milk )
ok (says)
that (dat)
this (dis)
poop (says)
let me try (once only)
here you go (once only)
water (sign)
eh? (this is so not from me!)

Obviously, he mostly still babbles but he's working really hard at language and loving it.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

What is the sign for nurse? Abby gets "more" and "drink", but I don't remember what nurse is, and I'd like different signs for "nurse" and "drink".

Abby has gotten REALLY good at "Mommmeeeeee" when she'd rather have me and I am in the middle of something

Also, what are you doing for older siblings? "Ari" is just too hard for a baby to say.

Hanno - that is a LOT of words/signs! Abby is stuck right now, but she understands a lot, she just doesn't verbalize her response. We talk to her all of the time and tell her what we are doing, and she often shows she gets it - like going to the table when it is time to eat and going upstairs when we tell her we are going.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Banned

We did the sign for milk, squeezing your hand like you're milking a cow, for nurse.

Hanno, that is indeed a ton of talking!

I had a big post a few days back and the computer ate it, but when I'm not hosting my parents and nursing a rum and coke I will come back and retype it!
Old 08-18-2008, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koofie View Post
What is the sign for nurse? Abby gets "more" and "drink", but I don't remember what nurse is, and I'd like different signs for "nurse" and "drink".
For us, "nurse" (or nummies, as we call it) is the opening and closing of the fist. For drink, we make a fist and then stick out the thumb. Pretend to drink from the thumb like a spout. I don't know how correct these are, but that's what my friends and I all used when DS and their babies were little.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:48 AM

Just a quick hello - and welcome back, hanno!

Scarlet is into everything and all over me today, she's driving me a little cuckoo. But I think she's getting her top eye teeth in now, so that's part of it. The other part is that she wants to do everything brother does and more. On a positive note, she did help me feed the chickens tonight, it was so cute, she actually got the feed into the feeder and didn't spill much. Now she's handing me books, oh I do love her so. She chatters away all day and now screams a very shrill shriek if Max takes something away from her, that drives her dad crazy.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:18 AM

Micah hasn't been verbalizing on his own all that much, but when he is in the mood he will mimick. Does that count, or is it only words that they use independently in the right context? Like, he will say "kitikitikiti" after I call my parents cat (kitty kitty kitty), but doesn't ever just point and say kitty. But, he does understand when I say let's go see the kitty.

He is however getting really good at following commands - when he wants to of course. But, he can follow things like:
-Put the book on the shelf.
-Where's Mommy's phone? (He goes to get it from where he left it)
-Put that back in the box.
-Can you put the blocks in the wagon? (While I am helping)
-Lay down, stand up, sit down, etc.
-Put that in the trash.
-Close/open the door.
-Shut the drawer.
-Where is your (insert whatever toy)? (He will find it)

I am amazed every day at what he grasps...ESPECIALLY since he isn't that verbal. He does say ball, ba-ba (water and sometimes milk), boo-boo (boobie), mama, ma-ma (nana), papa. Everything else is mostly mimicks, like fish, kitty, lizard, more, thanks, please, cheese (although he did say this one when he saw my camera today)....

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
Old 08-18-2008, 10:03 PM

So Johnny is sickie sickie sickie...he's had a cough and fever and rash since Friday...we actually took him to pediatrician today, who said just to do the same as we were doing except to give motrin more regularly because of his inflamed throat--poor guy.

I'm so glad I'm still BF him!!! He won't eat or drink much of anything else.

Hmm...talking...

He talks a lot lol...his latest thing is repeating everything we say. but he talks a lot on his own too, usually just 1-2 words at a time but he did say, "bah-oon [balloon] up high" today much to my surprise.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Before I attempt to catch up on here, let me just say something about my kid.

He can talk!! well...a little anyway. It just didn't seem to me that he was ever going to have any words but I guess we didn't see how his brain works. We started doing a few simple signs in the last month and he loves it. He'll often say the sign and the word at the same time like we do and then point. It's like he needed a symbol to put it together.

Here's what he has so far:
fish (sign and say 'dish')
milk/nurse (sign)
more (sign)
bird/duck (says duck and does sign for bird)
dad (sign and say)
dog (sign and say)
eat (sign)
ball (sign and say)
kitty (says ditty)
hey (says)
hi (says)
yes (says)
mama (says, when we ask what the sign for mama is, he signs milk )
ok (says)
that (dat)
this (dis)
poop (says)
let me try (once only)
here you go (once only)
water (sign)
eh? (this is so not from me!)

Obviously, he mostly still babbles but he's working really hard at language and loving it.
that's so many words!! we've never tried signing... zenon just says "hey!" and occasionally mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Just a quick hello - and welcome back, hanno!

Scarlet is into everything and all over me today, she's driving me a little cuckoo. But I think she's getting her top eye teeth in now, so that's part of it. The other part is that she wants to do everything brother does and more. On a positive note, she did help me feed the chickens tonight, it was so cute, she actually got the feed into the feeder and didn't spill much. Now she's handing me books, oh I do love her so. She chatters away all day and now screams a very shrill shriek if Max takes something away from her, that drives her dad crazy.
sounds so sweet...i love that she fed the chickens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
Micah hasn't been verbalizing on his own all that much, but when he is in the mood he will mimick. Does that count, or is it only words that they use independently in the right context? Like, he will say "kitikitikiti" after I call my parents cat (kitty kitty kitty), but doesn't ever just point and say kitty. But, he does understand when I say let's go see the kitty.

He is however getting really good at following commands - when he wants to of course. But, he can follow things like:
-Put the book on the shelf.
-Where's Mommy's phone? (He goes to get it from where he left it)
-Put that back in the box.
-Can you put the blocks in the wagon? (While I am helping)
-Lay down, stand up, sit down, etc.
-Put that in the trash.
-Close/open the door.
-Shut the drawer.
-Where is your (insert whatever toy)? (He will find it)

I am amazed every day at what he grasps...ESPECIALLY since he isn't that verbal. He does say ball, ba-ba (water and sometimes milk), boo-boo (boobie), mama, ma-ma (nana), papa. Everything else is mostly mimicks, like fish, kitty, lizard, more, thanks, please, cheese (although he did say this one when he saw my camera today)....
it is a fun time...where they learn more and more so quickly. i was just reading kaylo's baby journal and it was around this time that i noticed he understood everything that i said...even if he couldn't say much yet. i love this age.

Quote:
So Johnny is sickie sickie sickie...he's had a cough and fever and rash since Friday...we actually took him to pediatrician today, who said just to do the same as we were doing except to give motrin more regularly because of his inflamed throat--poor guy.

I'm so glad I'm still BF him!!! He won't eat or drink much of anything else.

Hmm...talking...

He talks a lot lol...his latest thing is repeating everything we say. but he talks a lot on his own too, usually just 1-2 words at a time but he did say, "bah-oon [balloon] up high" today much to my surprise.
hope johnny feels better soon! sounds yucky. i love bf when they are sick...feels like the best thing you can be doing for them.

wow, repeating everything? zenon seems very slow verbally. and three words in a row! that's great!

Old 08-19-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinsMama View Post
For drink, we make a fist and then stick out the thumb. Pretend to drink from the thumb like a spout.
That's a good idea! We've been making the hand into a C shape and lifting it to our mouths, and Seamus won't use that sign at all. I think it's too abstract for him.

He won't use the sign for help, either (fist with thumb up on flat palm of other hand, lifting up both) maybe because it requires two hands?? So he just says, "uh, uh, uh," any time he needs help, which is driving me batty!

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :
Old 08-19-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstmomy View Post
I know I no longer post on this thread, but I wanted to share with you all that Wildthing & I met up yesterday & I caught the most adorable picture of our girls, and just had to share with you Mama's. Abbygail is on the right. Enjoy!!!
Hope everyone is doing well!!! debstmomy & wildthings 4/07 girls!!!
!!!!! What a beautiful photo
Old 08-19-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
That kid is so cool!
Old 08-19-2008, 02:53 PM

I updated my flickr
Old 08-19-2008, 05:48 PM

Hey Hanno!! Glad to see you're back!!:

I haven't posted in a while cause we're doing media-free saturdays and we're limiting our online time on sundays too. Ever since then, Liam has been so much better behavior-wise, it's incredible!! And he and romi have been *gasp* kissing and hugging and even playing together!! I feel like the luckiest mom in the world lately.

As for talking, wow Hanno, Ion is quite the talker!! I'm with Kris on this one. Romi is not that verbal. She says hi, hello, dou-dou (soft - when she pets something) and maman. That's pretty much it. Liam was a late talker, so maybe it's in the genes??
I'm just glad that Zenon's keeping us company in the non talking dept :

Love the LLL pictures, by the way, so sweet!
Old 08-19-2008, 06:58 PM

I'm back from Atlanta, Desmond and I had fun visiting my parents, but I didn't have any internet time. I have pictures to post and a video of him playing the piano, he fell in love with my parent's piano, which they told me I could have if I could get it moved up to Maryland (I think I'll pass and get one off Craig's List or something when the time comes).

We went out on the boat, which he had fun with and he loved going swimming at the pool as well. My parents were great and while we were at the lake house I would drop him off in their room when he woke up and then go back to sleep and they would take care of him during the morning, yay!

He was a bit horrible on the flight both there and home though, he screamed the whole way down on the way there and he screamed both up and down on the way home. I am so looking forward to the 15 hour flight to India . Him having his own seat did help a lot though because he was content to sit in his seat during the actual flying parts of the flight which helped a lot.

Other then that he now has a bunch of cute things he does, he picks up anything that even remotely resembles a phone and holds it up to his ear and says "hi", it is so cute. He also covers his eyes with his hands and when you say where's Desmond he put them down. He has taken to calling me Baab (boob) rather then Mommy, which is not as cute, I would really prefer to be called Mommy then boob, call me strange and all.

Anyways it is great to be home, and online again.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 08-19-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
I updated my flickr
cute photos! he looks so big now...i love the ones of him just standing and smiling at the camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Hey Hanno!! Glad to see you're back!!:

I haven't posted in a while cause we're doing media-free saturdays and we're limiting our online time on sundays too. Ever since then, Liam has been so much better behavior-wise, it's incredible!! And he and romi have been *gasp* kissing and hugging and even playing together!! I feel like the luckiest mom in the world lately.

As for talking, wow Hanno, Ion is quite the talker!! I'm with Kris on this one. Romi is not that verbal. She says hi, hello, dou-dou (soft - when she pets something) and maman. That's pretty much it. Liam was a late talker, so maybe it's in the genes??
I'm just glad that Zenon's keeping us company in the non talking dept :

Love the LLL pictures, by the way, so sweet!
sounds nice...media free weekends! i love checking out mdc and facebook... a lot. kaylo does act so much better when he's video/computer free...but i've been canning a bunch and "need" it sometimes! again. that's great that they are really luvin each other now! i wish my boys were like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
I'm back from Atlanta, Desmond and I had fun visiting my parents, but I didn't have any internet time. I have pictures to post and a video of him playing the piano, he fell in love with my parent's piano, which they told me I could have if I could get it moved up to Maryland (I think I'll pass and get one off Craig's List or something when the time comes).

We went out on the boat, which he had fun with and he loved going swimming at the pool as well. My parents were great and while we were at the lake house I would drop him off in their room when he woke up and then go back to sleep and they would take care of him during the morning, yay!

He was a bit horrible on the flight both there and home though, he screamed the whole way down on the way there and he screamed both up and down on the way home. I am so looking forward to the 15 hour flight to India . Him having his own seat did help a lot though because he was content to sit in his seat during the actual flying parts of the flight which helped a lot.

Other then that he now has a bunch of cute things he does, he picks up anything that even remotely resembles a phone and holds it up to his ear and says "hi", it is so cute. He also covers his eyes with his hands and when you say where's Desmond he put them down. He has taken to calling me Baab (boob) rather then Mommy, which is not as cute, I would really prefer to be called Mommy then boob, call me strange and all.

Anyways it is great to be home, and online again.
sounds like a great trip...minus the plane ride! i'm dreading bringing zenon on the plane next week--he's such a little crazy man. i actually loaded up on snacks and suckers at the co-op to bribe him if needed. :

hahaha baab! that's great! sorry...i know you'd rather be called mommy--but it's really cute!

summer is flying by! adam has been soooo busy that we haven't done a single family thing all summer--like go fishing, camping, to the beach...anything! : at least the boys and i will have some summer fun when we head to michigan. i'm taking them to a concert tonight too...a celtic band. though kaylo doesn't want to go (he's just like his papa)

Old 08-20-2008, 12:39 AM

hey guys- just speaking up. I'm around and reading but not posting really, tired by the end of the day and I just don't feel like 'talking.' Nice to see you all- hanno welcome back! I've been busy, but it's slowing down!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 08-20-2008, 01:54 AM

Hi girls, glad to "see" you all. Scarlet had a fever last night so we got little sleep, but she had a great time running around in the rain tonight (clothed, then naked ), so she should sleep well.

hanno and kris - will you meet up again?

p.s. Max was video free today and I noticed a great difference in his behavior, so much better! We're cutting back, too. I do let him play computer games when I need some time, I figure at least he's interacting, not just sitting there watching.

goodnight!
Old 08-20-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
I haven't posted in a while cause we're doing media-free saturdays and we're limiting our online time on sundays too.
That is awesome that you're having media-free time. Seamus and I don't watch TV, but I'm worried that he'll pick up on it from our big kids. Can't wait to get the TV in the basement!

I'm a bad example with my computer use, though. I would have a hard time with a computer-free day, but maybe that's why I should consider it.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:56 AM

This week for some reason both Axel and Evangeline are waking up right when we get up. Sigh, I was treated to them sleeping in the past few weeks. It's so nice to wake up yourself, and have a little quiet time before you have to deal with them. Oh well, on with the day.

We do really try to limit our media here too, and some days are media-free. I do let them listen to tapes or cd's though, for a break. I used to find it made a big difference in behaviour, but not so much anymore. In the summer though, it is easy to limit it.

I think Evangeline is getting another tooth- she's got dark runny poops and had been whiny and clingy.

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 08-22-2008, 08:47 PM

Here is a copy of what I just posted to my local mommy group...

OMG--totally, had the scariest 5mins (that seemed like 10yrs) or my life...I'm surprised I'm not in the hospital for a heart attack.

I have a baby fence that goes all around my back deck and Johnny plays there while I cook dinner (the kitchen door opens to the deck). Well, today, it gets really quiet, so I go out to see what he's doing....the gate is moved and Johnny is NO WHERE IN SIGHT!!!! With my heart pounding glance around as I run to the front porch (we live on a busy street) and ask the neighbors if they have seen him; they haven't so they help me look all over th house, backyard, forest behind our backyard, I check with our next door neighbors because Johnny plays with there kids sometimes...everyone is looking and yelling for him. Just as I call 911 and the dispatcher says, "fire, ambulance, or police?" One of my neighbors says, "are you the boy we're looking for?" Johnny had gone up the fire/balcony stairs to the upstairs apartments (currently vacant) and was walking back down to her as if nothing had ever happened.

I have never been so scared in my life...and now my whole neighborhood must think I'm a horrible mommy.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:09 PM

omg that is scary!!! i am so glad he is safe and sound now!!

hey btw LLL is having a huge picnic tomorrow at the park near the library where we meet! i hope you come!! i would love to see johnny and you!

Susan

QUOTE=LilMomma83;12013025]Here is a copy of what I just posted to my local mommy group...

OMG--totally, had the scariest 5mins (that seemed like 10yrs) or my life...I'm surprised I'm not in the hospital for a heart attack.

I have a baby fence that goes all around my back deck and Johnny plays there while I cook dinner (the kitchen door opens to the deck). Well, today, it gets really quiet, so I go out to see what he's doing....the gate is moved and Johnny is NO WHERE IN SIGHT!!!! With my heart pounding glance around as I run to the front porch (we live on a busy street) and ask the neighbors if they have seen him; they haven't so they help me look all over th house, backyard, forest behind our backyard, I check with our next door neighbors because Johnny plays with there kids sometimes...everyone is looking and yelling for him. Just as I call 911 and the dispatcher says, "fire, ambulance, or police?" One of my neighbors says, "are you the boy we're looking for?" Johnny had gone up the fire/balcony stairs to the upstairs apartments (currently vacant) and was walking back down to her as if nothing had ever happened.

I have never been so scared in my life...and now my whole neighborhood must think I'm a horrible mommy.[/QUOTE]

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 08-22-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:

That is the worst feeling in the world! Anyone who's been a mom won't think you're a terrible mom. Sometimes they wriggle away from us, and it happens to everyone.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:26 PM

Lilmomma- wow, your heart must have just been in your throat. I don't think anyone is thinking you're a bad mom, I'm sure they've all been through it too!

Old 08-23-2008, 12:15 AM

I would have had a feaking heart attack too. Don't beat yourself up over it; it's just one of those things.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post

hanno and kris - will you meet up again?
That would be fun I could get to Holland easily.
Quote:

I have never been so scared in my life...and now my whole neighborhood must think I'm a horrible mommy.
How terrifying! I'm scared just reading it. I'm so glad he's safe in his mommy's arms.

User Tag List