Hi!
Pregnancy abounds! (not for me...)

How are you all?
#2 of 81 Old 08-04-2008, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
here we are!

I'm still pregnant! Haven't started to get antsy yet, and I even manage to forget my due date most of the time, which helps, anyways Sydney should have a little brother or sister in about 1-3 weeks. My guess anyways!

We watched a home birth movie on a blog today. It was twins. Sydney was enamored! She wanted to pet the babies! The whole time while watching she was cuddled into my belly. We're so happy to be giving her a sibling. I hope she's happy too, even after the newness wears off .

Got my colostrum in a few weeks ago so she's happily nursing again. It was a bit of a shock for her when something *finally* came out. She looked at my boob like she's seen an alien and then said "no more". I asked her if she wanted the other one to which she replied "no more" and got down.

How's everyone surviving summer?

Oh! We sold Marsha 2 weeks ago. sniffs, Sydney was sad to see her go and still talks about her! I'm surprised at how attached she actually was to that guinea pig...

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#3 of 81 Old 08-04-2008, 06:40 PM

I have no energy and need naps all the time.

Jessica, how is it going with two?

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#4 of 81 Old 08-04-2008, 07:41 PM

maybe i'll stick around. maybe not.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#5 of 81 Old 08-04-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
maybe i'll stick around. maybe not.
snot.

:nana::

Hey yall. An interesting development here. When bottomless, Kait is really good on getting to the potty. There are only 2 problems: I am not comfortable with letting her outside bottomless in our particular neighborhood, and we're outside a LOT these days....AND, her success rate in cloth trainers is ZERO. It would seem if she has anything covering her nether regions, she'll pee in it, and not let me know. She sat in a wet trainer for a while until I finally checked her about 45 min into her wearing it with her not running to pee in that time period, so who knows if she just did it, or did it right after I put it on her - but she didn't get uncomfortable being wet, and didn't let me know that she peed and was wet.

Oh - and she WON'T wear dresses. I'm thinking maybe putting her in a big Tshirt, especially if it looks like it was Donovan's... - that might work. I was NOT expecting this at all - but she started ripping her diaper off every morning, so I just put the potty seat out and she started getting it really quickly. So, I'm going with the flow, but also trying to not confuse her by having her bottomless sometimes, but then in diapers or trainers, which she doesn't care and just pees in. Or should I just keep doing that and see where it goes? Thoughts?

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#6 of 81 Old 08-06-2008, 01:37 AM

Ange, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So happy for you!!

Kari, glad to hear you're still hanging in there and not too impatient yet

Korin, wow, super LTNS - how've you been??

Anyway mamas, I am sorry in advance because this is going to be a long rant, but I am going to go crazy if I don't vent.....my DH was fired on Friday afternoon.

Fired from the "wonderful" opportunity that brought us all the way out here from the Philly area to Southern Arizona just this past January. So I've been FREAKING OUT. Here I am 6 months pregnant and we are about to have 4 kids to provide for, we moved CLEAR ACROSS THE DAMN COUNTRY on about 6 weeks' notice, to a place where we knew NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON, leaving my newly-widowed mother and ALL of our friends and family behind, taking a loss on our old house, buying a huge house with a huge mortgage out here based on all their promises of the "endless potential" in this position - and then months later, as soon as we're settled, these UA Violations do this to us?!?!?!?! OMG, I could punch someone!

They didn't even give him a reason, they wouldn't tell him why!! I didn't even really think he *could* be fired - he was the head of the whole company! But evidently, as executive director he can be let go by the board of directors.

They never gave him a warning or criticism about *anything.* The foundation was doing great under him, and up until now, the board of directors had been fawning all over him and telling him how he was the best choice they could have made to head the organization - then Friday afternoon they call him in for a meeting and they are there with their attorney and he said it was surreal, like something out of a movie - they wouldn't even let him go back in his office - they told him no, they will pack up his personal things and have them delivered to the house. He then said he didn't even have a ride home since his car has been in the shop this week (I was supposed to pick him up after DD1's party - this all happened the weekend of her 6th birthday) and they said we know, there is a chauffered car waiting outside to take you home now.

To say we are in utter shock and disbelief would be an understatement. I have no idea what we are going to do now. Our heads are still spinning. This came out of NOWHERE.

The only good news in all this is that we'll almost definitely be moving home to the Northeast, probably very soon, and I really, really miss everyone back home. We certainly cannot stay here - we only moved out here for this "fabulous" opportunity where they assured us we'd have a future for good. DH's field is very specific and small, and there are so similar jobs anywhere out here, certainly not at his level or salary. Most of the similar organizations are in the NY-Philly-D.C. corridor where we've lived before & where much of our family is.

Anyway, I don't think I've slept in like 4 days - we spent all weekend getting the house ready to sell and we officially put it on the market this morning This is my beautiful dream house that we were sooooo ecstatic to get just 6 months ago....I cannot believe it. And we are praying the house will sell, because our mortgage is huge (like more than $3,000 a month) and without a job we can only pay it for a few months before we'll be foreclosed on or something So it HAS to sell fast.

And then our next problem is that the company paid close to $20,000 for our relocation, to pack and ship all our stuff and our cars out here, and now we're stuck with no way to even afford to get it all back! Heck, we can't even pay for plane tickets right now to get US back, since we need to make every penny last until he finds a new job. So we're planning to have the mother of all moving sales and just sell or give away pretty much everything we own and then drive a U-Haul back East with whatever we can fit in it. Hey, we won't need much of my lovely furniture since we'll probably have all 6 of us living in a 1-bedroom apartment or my mother's basement or something....

I have to believe that God has a plan and that this has all happened for a reason and something good is going to come up....but right now all I can think is that I'm considered moderately high-risk because of my thyroid problem so I'm being followed by several different doctors here, and now I don't even know where I'm going to have this baby!

And it's so hard on the kids. They JUST got used to it here and finally made some friends. And DD1 was supposed to start at her new school next week (we decided not to continue homeschooling because she really wanted to go to school with her new friends here), she was so excited, had her uniforms all hanging in the closet and ready - and now she's been so upset She keeps saying, "Why are we selling this house, I love it here and we JUST moved here! You made me leave my old friends and now I have new friends and you're making me leave them, too!"

I just can't stop worrying. It's not like we're going to be starving next week. However, we might be starving a few months from now, but hey, it'll help me lose the baby weight (trying hard to keep a sense of humor here!)

So please, keep us in your prayers or thoughts or whatever, that my DH finds a new position quickly and that our house sells quickly and that we have a smooth and safe trip across the country. It's a 2,500-mile drive from here to my mother's in NJ, where we'll probably head first while we sort things out. We're thinking of leaving at the end of the month, and it'll probably take us 6 days or so. I'm trying to play it up as "a fun adventure" to the kids, but man, am I dreading it!! I'll have to drive the whole way because I'll have the kids in the minivan and DH will be driving a U-Haul with his car towing on the back.

I just keep reminding myself that material things don't matter, even my beloved house doesn't matter, we all have our health, the kids are OK and the baby is OK and everything will work out somehow.....right??

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#7 of 81 Old 08-06-2008, 04:47 AM

Kerri, I just don't even know what to say - how awful. I hope your house sells fast, and that you all get back here to the East Coast quickly and safely, and that DH finds a job very soon. HUGE

#8 of 81 Old 08-06-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post
Kerri, I just don't even know what to say - how awful. I hope your house sells fast, and that you all get back here to the East Coast quickly and safely, and that DH finds a job very soon. HUGE
Thanks so much, Heather, I'm sure we'll figure something out....we're just kind of in shock still!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#9 of 81 Old 08-06-2008, 02:22 PM

Oh Kerri I'm so sorry. I know many a family dealing with job issues right now unfortunately. It's really just a horrible time.

Heather, Jonah is ripping his diaper off as well. sigh. I say try the big shirt. once she is more 100% naked for a bit, move into attempting underwear at that point.

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#10 of 81 Old 08-06-2008, 04:21 PM

Kerri, I'm so very sorry.

If you want, I can get you in touch with my husband. He works for an IT staffing agency but has hundreds of personal professional contacts all over the tri-state area (PA, MD, VA) and can probably help you find something in the DC corridor especially, but also in the surrounding areas.

I can help you start looking in local papers for housing if you want/need me to.

Again, if there's ANYTHING I can do to help from here (NW MD) please don't hesitate.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#11 of 81 Old 08-06-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
.....my DH was fired on Friday afternoon.

I'm at a total loss for words and questions are spinning around in my head! (like what on earth are those directors thinking???) this so can't be an easy time for your family. Did they give him a package or something before they chauffeured him of to your home?? Your poor DH must also be under a lot of stress. Something good will come out of this. Stick together and love.

wish we were moving to your area and could buy your house!

:

#12 of 81 Old 08-06-2008, 10:55 PM

Sorry about your husbands job, Kerri! I hope things smooth out.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#13 of 81 Old 08-07-2008, 06:55 PM

Thanks for all the kind words, mamas, I really appreciate it!!

Sarah, thank you so much for your offer, but the thing is, DH's field is REALLY small and specific. But that's good in a way, because he already knows most of the people who would be looking for someone with his background. The hard part has been spinning it well, because the people who are in positions to help him out obviously want to know what happened, and WE honestly don't even know!! So frustrating.

But so far, at least there are some possibilities - one is his old company (he asked for his old position back, or similar, it was a big swallow-your-pride moment but what can you do) and the president of the company is going to have a phone meeting with him on Tuesday to discuss - also there are two possibilities in NYC and two in D.C., both places we're lived before and have family and friends, so that would be nice (especially since until we sell this house we'd have to live in someone's basement probably, LOL).

Speaking of which, we had one showing already (yesterday) and I hope we get some over the weekend. Hey, at least this is making me do some SERIOUS decluttering!!

Thanks again for all the support!

#14 of 81 Old 08-08-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
Thanks for all the kind words, mamas, I really appreciate it!!

Sarah, thank you so much for your offer, but the thing is, DH's field is REALLY small and specific. But that's good in a way, because he already knows most of the people who would be looking for someone with his background. The hard part has been spinning it well, because the people who are in positions to help him out obviously want to know what happened, and WE honestly don't even know!! So frustrating.

But so far, at least there are some possibilities - one is his old company (he asked for his old position back, or similar, it was a big swallow-your-pride moment but what can you do) and the president of the company is going to have a phone meeting with him on Tuesday to discuss - also there are two possibilities in NYC and two in D.C., both places we're lived before and have family and friends, so that would be nice (especially since until we sell this house we'd have to live in someone's basement probably, LOL).

Speaking of which, we had one showing already (yesterday) and I hope we get some over the weekend. Hey, at least this is making me do some SERIOUS decluttering!!

Thanks again for all the support!
Well, if you change your mind, I'm happy to help. I swear DH knows everone in the professional world, especially since he is a member of the state chamber of commerce. His extracurricular activities abound!

I'm keeping prayers coming here.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#15 of 81 Old 08-08-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:

Oh - and she WON'T wear dresses. I'm thinking maybe putting her in a big Tshirt, especially if it looks like it was Donovan's... - that might work. I was NOT expecting this at all - but she started ripping her diaper off every morning, so I just put the potty seat out and she started getting it really quickly. So, I'm going with the flow, but also trying to not confuse her by having her bottomless sometimes, but then in diapers or trainers, which she doesn't care and just pees in. Or should I just keep doing that and see where it goes? Thoughts?
Sydney couldn't wear undies and not pee in them, even if it's a tiny dribble or something. So we just put her in cotton pants or leggings with a baby-doll like top and no accidents happened. That's lasted for months, she's just getting to the point were we can put her in a dress with underwear. (it wasn't pretty for guests/strangers to see her crawling around in a dress with out undies )

We chose to stay away from the diaper because, well, that's the whole point, and i didn't want to spend money on cloth trainers, so bare bottom in cotton pants was out solution. Good luck!

Oh, and I so should have listened to you about getting an animal to take care of! I swear I have enough with dd, dh, and my pregnant self! Only after getting the guinea pig did I see the light!!

#16 of 81 Old 08-09-2008, 02:39 PM

Jessica, didn't you start a new job while pregnant? Did you tell them you were pregnant and if so when?

#17 of 81 Old 08-09-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post
We chose to stay away from the diaper because, well, that's the whole point, and i didn't want to spend money on cloth trainers, so bare bottom in cotton pants was out solution. Good luck!
I tried the other day to have her in a pair of light cotton shorts and a shirt, but she peed right in them. She's got to be bottomless completely, I think she needs to feel the air on her skin to realize that she needs to hit the potty instead of just going wherever she is. Yesterday and this morning after her initial nakedness and potty run right after wakeup, she requested a diaper - I tried to distract her, but she was persistent...and since I do NOT want to force this issue at all, it may have just been a passing fancy for her. Ah well. It will happen eventually. Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post
Oh, and I so should have listened to you about getting an animal to take care of! I swear I have enough with dd, dh, and my pregnant self! Only after getting the guinea pig did I see the light!!
I won't say I told you so. I'm sure you were sorry to see Marsha go, but I TOTALLY get it.

#18 of 81 Old 08-09-2008, 05:39 PM

I have a new nephew!

SIL was induced at 6:30 yesterday morning (pre-dates for no good reason, but that's a whole 'nother gripe) and delivered her son at 2:41pm.

She apparently had a pretty rough go of it...was complete at 11:15 and pushed for 3 1/2 hours. Her OB said that if she hadn't been so adamant about having a vaginal birth he would have sectioned her after an hour. DN's head was crowing the whole time she pushed, but he has a really pronounced ridge at the base of his skull that she couldn't get over the cervix. Then she spent the rest of the evening vomiting.

I assume they'll be coming home tomorrow assuming she's feeling better and his circumcision () goes smoothly.

Here he is!

Layden James Lastname
8/8/08
2:41 pm
9lbs
22"
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...b/IMG00013.jpg

#19 of 81 Old 08-09-2008, 07:21 PM

Congrats on the nephew Sarah! Sorry about the circ I wonder, did she do an epidural? My cousin pushed for like 3 hours and it was because she was pushing through the epidural. It made it really difficult.

#20 of 81 Old 08-10-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Congrats on the nephew Sarah! Sorry about the circ I wonder, did she do an epidural? My cousin pushed for like 3 hours and it was because she was pushing through the epidural. It made it really difficult.
She did have an epidural, yes.

#21 of 81 Old 08-10-2008, 02:47 PM

Can I join? DS was 2 in June. I'm due in October, and DH was fired on Tuesday. We're potty learning too, and having undie issues. DS does much better bottomless, unless we're out and about, in which case, he really tries to keep is trainers dry.

That about covers it!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#22 of 81 Old 08-10-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
She did have an epidural, yes.
That's probably why the let her continue pushing, even though it was going slow. I believe they give you more time with an epidural, since you are on your back and they won't let you sit up at all.

Welcome heidirk!

#23 of 81 Old 08-10-2008, 08:50 PM

: heidirk!

Quote:
I won't say I told you so. I'm sure you were sorry to see Marsha go, but I TOTALLY get it.
lol, you told me so I was sad to see the lady carry her away, mostly due to the fact that Sydney was clearly bummed about the lady taking her friend. But I quickly snapped out of it

Oh yeah, Sydney was wearing a skirt yesterday with undies under... and rubber boots on cause she was puddle jumping. She filled her boots and it wasn't puddle water.... that was the third changing of undies that day. We're reverting back to pants w/o undies, still nude at home !

Quote:
That's probably why the let her continue pushing, even though it was going slow. I believe they give you more time with an epidural, since you are on your back and they won't let you sit up at all.
I don't get why women choose to be on their backs... : just the thought of a spinal drip and laying on my back during labor makes my knees knock...

My friend just gave birth on thursday. They suctioned him out *shudder* due to weak contractions at the end. Since it's extremely rare for women not to be able to push their babies out (you know baring stuck shoulders and the like) I'm guessing she went in when labor started, got an epi, contractions slowed, they gave pict. and her body kind of tired out, or the epi just took it out of her...
Can help but feel so bad for her. Her first was c/sec. I *so* wanted her to have a wonderful vbac experience!

#24 of 81 Old 08-10-2008, 08:59 PM

Kari, if you have an epi they won't allow you to stand--your feet are too unstable. So really, you have no choice but to labor on your back.

#25 of 81 Old 08-10-2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Kari, if you have an epi they won't allow you to stand--your feet are too unstable. So really, you have no choice but to labor on your back.

*shudder*

#26 of 81 Old 08-10-2008, 09:17 PM

I have a feeling that if my SIL hadn't had an epidural she'd have been able to flip on to hands and knees and pop that baby right out.

But she's not at all naturally minded (hence the pre-dates induction because she was tired of being pregnant).

I haven't talked to her yet, but I'm sure she feels just fine about her birth. She got a vaginal birth and that was pretty much her only criteria for a "good" birth. Even if she hadn't had an epidural, I doubt she would have moved around in labor, as the only position she was willing to entertain was prone. She didn't want to move in labor and be "one of those birth freaks."

Oh well. He's here and they're safe, and that's what matters! Hopefully I'll get to meet him sometime soon, but her ped told them that they can not have their baby around any children/adults who are not "fully vaccinated" so I'm not sure how long it will be before we get to meet him. DH is going to try and stop by tomorrow on his way home from work to see the baby.

#27 of 81 Old 08-10-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
Hopefully I'll get to meet him sometime soon, but her ped told them that they can not have their baby around any children/adults who are not "fully vaccinated" so I'm not sure how long it will be before we get to meet him. DH is going to try and stop by tomorrow on his way home from work to see the baby.
:

how can they even be so, so... miss educated? *sigh*

By the way, Congrats on the new family member ! totally got lost in the details here...

#28 of 81 Old 08-10-2008, 09:38 PM

Sarah is right, Kari. Some really don't think of the birth at all. It's just the baby.

#29 of 81 Old 08-10-2008, 09:48 PM

I'm so dense I just don't get it... though I'm sure. It seems to be the same case with my friend. She texted me "but we're alive and that's what's important".

lol, I'm so in "birthing freak" mode right now after thumbing through Active Birth last night. It made me super excited.

Sydney's saying "Baby come out?" almsot every day now, . Trust me, she's the only one who can get away with it!

ok, 3am, I've GOT to get off MDC...

#30 of 81 Old 08-10-2008, 10:51 PM

3 am? Where are you located Kari? It's not yet 7 pm. There are some who feel that it is a good birth if they didn't feel much pain. Different strokes.... I'm hoping to get through the next one without a tear. At least, without a bad one.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page