sitting is the best option for learning 62 43.97%
it is important for boys to sit. 4 2.84%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 64 Old 09-03-2008, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Didn't have a chance to read replies so sorry if this has been said before.

I think it is important to learn to sit because of bowel movements. WHen DS1 was learning, he sometimes would say he had to pee, sit and then poop.. I think it would be hard to switch them from stand to sit quick for poop.

Just my thoughts.. get them used to sitting and peeing and pooping, then try the standing later. DS1 has been wearing underwear reliably for 7 months and we haven't started the standing yet. Might soon, but for now what him fully doing well before we add a new thing!

Linda

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
#62 of 64 Old 09-03-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimom View Post
My twin boys learned by sitting. They weren't tall enough to stand to pee until they were at least 2 1/2, and even then, they usually had to stand on my feet.

Someone verbally assaulted you?!! Why in the world would anyone else care how your child pees? I hope you told them to piss off!
No kidding. My dh pees sitting down sometimes. He isn't less of a man because of it. He just does whatever is comfortable at the moment. Whatever makes your little boy comfortable is what he should do.

Equuskia in with Nodtveidt DD1 : DD2 :
#63 of 64 Old 09-03-2008, 02:23 PM

Haven't read the responses yet, but here's mine to the OP -

We actually taught him sitting down, for no other reason that he wasn't tall enough to pee standing up. We didn't think anything of it - dh often pees sitting down too. Sometimes ds chooses to sit facing the tank and pees that way. He learned to pee standing up from the other little boys at his babysitter. We don't think any of that matters, so long as the pee gets into the toilet!
#64 of 64 Old 09-03-2008, 04:35 PM

How odd you'd be verbally assaulted over such a thing!??! Really, what does it matter as long as it's getting into the potty!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page