July '07 mamas and babies Summer thread! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-13-2008, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
someone in LWAB mentioned we should start a new thread here.
i know lots of y'all go to the offsite, but some of us dont or cant, so lets start some chatting here

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2008, 11:27 AM

Hey! Glad to have found you over here. I can't seem to ever make it off site either, and feel so at home here, so here I'll stay.

I guess all of our babies are officiallly 1 now. Its been a wonderful year and I 've been enjoying watching a little girl grow up after all the boys. It it somehow so different.

Schuyler turned 1 on the 28th of July. She has two bottom teeth and i top tooth just poking through. She has just starting standing in the last two weeks , so i think the walking will follow soon (although i thought that with ds #3, who followed about the same timeline, but didn't take a step till he was 15 months!).
She loves the water, wether it be a puddle, a lake or the tub (or a dog dish). And is pretty content as long as she's free to get down and roam.. she is not content to sit in a sling or arms or stroller for long.

So far my favorite things about having a girl.(material things...) tights!
Old 08-14-2008, 11:52 AM

Ok, fine if you all INSIST they are not babies anymore...haha! My youngest turned one July 1, and I am not happy about it. She is growing up and I am not liking it at all. I miss those nursing times, getting up in the night, watching her wriggle around ...she now walks. Anyway, it is good to be here and yeah, I guess she is a toddler. Oh my god....I just realized I have TWO toddlers...1 and 2 years old...oh help me please......
Old 08-14-2008, 11:54 AM

Hi Tiffany! Hi BAU3! It's been awhile since I've chatted with either of you.

Sage just turned 1 on the 4th of August. I can't believe how quickly this year has gone by. It's making me a little lustful for another.. .

BAU3, I'm loving all the girly clothes. Everything is sooooo cute. I mean little boys clothes are cute but they don't hold a candle to some of the stuff I've come up with for little miss. Do your guys absolutely adore their little sister? Mine do. Still. Think she's the greatest thing ever. :

Glad to bump in to you both. I'll probably try to visit here more often now that my life is a little more stable. Homeschooling and what not was a huge adjustment but we're all doing very well with it now, a year later.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

am i the only mom of girls who doesnt gigle over baby girl clothes??? i just have never been that into what they wear, and most of what goes on my kids bodies are handmedowns, so i'm just glad they have clothes to go on their backs.

Niamh, she is standing on her own, cruising around holding onto furniture. she is no longer anrmy crawling, she is up on all fours now.
she is so calm most of the time, but when she wants something her way she wants it NOW and has developed this whine that drives me insane. she also had an "i'm mad" scream that pierces the eardrum!
she jsut started liking the water, before she turned 1 she hates baths, showers, and the pool. now we go swimming in the pool every day.
words, omg so many words. i stopped counting. she signs about 10 signs, and i'd say she says at least 20 words, and then sometimes surprises us with things like "get down" to the dogs.
she is almost on the same track her older sister was on for language, just a lil behind, but still a chatty cathy.

the girls just started playing together, gentle wrestling, tickling, laughing, blowing raspberries on eachothers bellies. its really really sweet. but it doesnt happen often.

all in all life with a 1 year old and a 4 year old is crazy, chaotic, stressful, and... sometimes even fun!

Old 08-14-2008, 04:40 PM

Ohh that sounds kinda like my two girls. At ages one and two, their nicknames are Lucy and Ethel because they are so darn funny together. My 1 year old is so sensitive, she never wants to upset her mommy and she always gives daddy puppy dog eyes when she gets into something she is not supposed to She RUNS, not walks, LOVES the water, LOVES to sleep (yes, it is true, the kid loves her "nest" as my two year old calls it) and is obsessed with our fish tank (500 gallon tank with tons of freshwater fish) She hates being poopy and throws her own diapers away (I find this very funny, she even opens the trash can, throw it in, waves bye bye, shuts the lid and throws the diaper a good bye kiss.. )
Old 08-14-2008, 04:48 PM

So glad this thread has been started. I've pretty much stopped going to LWAB (except to check the worst thing said thread) as most of the threads don't apply anymore . I too don't want to admit that DS is a toddler, but he walks pretty good now so I guess I have to admit it to myself. gotta go, he's waking up.

Michelle : wife to awesome DH Aaron : since (04/02), mom to DS Michael (07/07) and bio-mom to Ember (07/84), : , TANSTAAFL
Old 08-14-2008, 05:20 PM

I'm always in such awe of babies that talk. Schuyler says a couple of words, but in the tradition of her brothers is going to take her time with that one!

Oh sleepymamabear... after three boys who wore nothing but hand me downs i have thrown myself into the pink girly thing with both feet. I had no intentions of doing so, but a gal i know filled my car(literally filled it) with bags of clothes from her three girls and, although i resisted the pink at first I have succombed to it am thoroughly enjoying it. THe biggest problem is that she has something on for no more than 10 minutes before its a huge dirty mess. I am shameful to admit the number of brand new (or new looking) items that she has worn once and can now be considered playclothes..
...how do people keep baby clothes clean? It has not stopped me from digging further into the bags for yet another pristine girly thing to put on...

Nic! so glad to hear from you.. i think of you often with your three boys and wonder if they are enjoying their sister,too! and yes.. the boys still adore her. MY 10 yr old got a bit sad a few months ago when we were talking and i mentioned that when schuyler was his age, he would be gone to college and beyond.. he felt she wouldn't know him well. I told him we would make sure she spent plenty of time with him... MY 7 yr old is, i think, the most in love.. has asked if people married their sisters. That led to an impromptu discussion of various kinds of love...
Ds #3 loves his sister in his own way, but i think it has been a hard transition for him, and he has a very high needs personality to begin with, so this has been a tough year for him.

I wish i knew how to post pictures here.. but i would love to see any that anyone else has to share!
Old 08-14-2008, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

my pics are found in my blog.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAU3 View Post
I'm always in such awe of babies that talk. Schuyler says a couple of words, but in the tradition of her brothers is going to take her time with that one!

Oh sleepymamabear... after three boys who wore nothing but hand me downs i have thrown myself into the pink girly thing with both feet. I had no intentions of doing so, but a gal i know filled my car(literally filled it) with bags of clothes from her three girls and, although i resisted the pink at first I have succombed to it am thoroughly enjoying it. THe biggest problem is that she has something on for no more than 10 minutes before its a huge dirty mess. I am shameful to admit the number of brand new (or new looking) items that she has worn once and can now be considered playclothes..
...how do people keep baby clothes clean? It has not stopped me from digging further into the bags for yet another pristine girly thing to put on...

Nic! so glad to hear from you.. i think of you often with your three boys and wonder if they are enjoying their sister,too! and yes.. the boys still adore her. MY 10 yr old got a bit sad a few months ago when we were talking and i mentioned that when schuyler was his age, he would be gone to college and beyond.. he felt she wouldn't know him well. I told him we would make sure she spent plenty of time with him... MY 7 yr old is, i think, the most in love.. has asked if people married their sisters. That led to an impromptu discussion of various kinds of love...
Ds #3 loves his sister in his own way, but i think it has been a hard transition for him, and he has a very high needs personality to begin with, so this has been a tough year for him.

I wish i knew how to post pictures here.. but i would love to see any that anyone else has to share!
My 3rd little boy is having a hard time with having a baby sister as well.. he loves her but his jealousy rivals with his affection. Poor bug, he was my peanut for so long.

Tiffany, if you had 3 boys before your girl(s) you would know/understand what the girly stuff is all about. Or maybe not.. really, I didn't think I would be so gaga for cute, frilly stuff but I was showered with lots of pink (of course) before she was born and let me tell you there's some really cute things out there for girls. I get a lot of hand me downs as well and wear all sorts of things on her but that doesn't mean she's got to look genderless. I'm really enjoying the differences I've noticed between her and my boys. My little girl loves playing at being "mama" to her babies. It's the cutest thing ever.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

please dont think i was making an insult in what i said. i just really always seem to be the only mom in whatever group i'm in who couldnt care less about what her children wore so long as it wasnt dirty.
Niamh loves her baby dolls too. she loves to rock them and tries to nurse them.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
please dont think i was making an insult in what i said. i just really always seem to be the only mom in whatever group i'm in who couldnt care less about what her children wore so long as it wasnt dirty.
Niamh loves her baby dolls too. she loves to rock them and tries to nurse them.
Ha ha ! I'm sort of the opposite, I'll put some cute little thing on her, which she promptly crawls thru puddles and dirt in, people always make comments like "oh!what happened to her!" cuz she's so dirty all the time. She thoroughly enjoys sitting in a puddle rubbing mud on her head. ...good thing she likes the tub...

...oh!sleepym.b... your babies are beautiful!

oh.. and "baby" is one of the few words that schuyler says... (although just yesterday she said thank you..)
Old 08-15-2008, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

oh i love baby thank yous!!!!
so sweet.
we havent heard that one yet.
but she signs please. thats her manners word

Old 08-16-2008, 06:49 PM

We haven't started teaching signing yet, but I keep reading about it on MDC and am thinking of giving it a try, especially since he only says mama, dada and dog so far, but he is very verbal, makes lots of fun noises .

Michelle : wife to awesome DH Aaron : since (04/02), mom to DS Michael (07/07) and bio-mom to Ember (07/84), : , TANSTAAFL
Old 08-17-2008, 02:33 AM - Thread Starter

baby sign rocks. way less whining and fussing and pointing!!! if you want to start, just start. a good site is signingbabies.com (or org??) the woman who runs it, and wrote the book Monica got me into signing with dd1. i'm so glad she did too.

Old 08-17-2008, 01:03 PM

Can any July 07 moms post?
This is my first time posting - I'm new to talking on the computer & don't know the social code for this.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:31 PM

im new too. FOund mdc after DD was born I think, or close to it.

I've been on the toddler site for a while now. DD is walking very stably but still doing the sailor walk, hand up in the air. No "real" words but she says her version of hi, dad, mama, milk (nurse me) bye, come here, yes, no, Most of those are head nods or gestures. Mama is everyone but she does know also that I am mama and says it in context and when calling me. Dada sounds like mama just a little tiny difference and milk is more like miiii, mama miiiii, Hi and Bye are the same and then she has a sound like aa aa that she makes for everything. No pointing but she waves at everything or does come here with her hand.

hmm what else haha I haven't left her yet without anyone except DH and even that took a long while. He now takes her out for walks and other places most of the day on the weekends. Sometimes i meet them somewhere, nurse her, feed her a solids snack and then he takes her more. They both love it. I never thought this day would come haha For the longest time she didnt want anyone but mommy. Dad couldnt even hold her she would scream and want me.

She was a refluxer, collic, bad teething starting at 3 mo. She was very very fussy. Still refluxing, but I stopped the meds a few weeks ago. She seems to be doing ok with the reflux.

She is tiny 16.10 lbs at of yesterday about 19 inches long i think. - HAAA that was a mistype I meant 29 inches hahaha she was born 19.25 haaa

But I am tiny too and dad is not big.

ok thats my intro haha

So glad to finally find this thread! Ive been waiting for it!!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:07 PM

Wow!!! Your baby is a marvel!! My little love is not doing half of that. She is my first and only and I carry her all the time - I was wondering if I carry her too much - but neither of us can seem to stop. She is 25 lbs. and really tall. She is the same size as most 2 year olds.

I don't know how to do the cute "quote" thing yet. But I am so sorry that she has had reflux and am delighted she is responding to the meds.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:31 PM

Hi sleepybear1 and yukookoo,
Glad to see some more mamas here! I love hearing what other babies are doing, how big and small they are, etc. It always puts things into perspective for me and shows that babies come in all different sizes and do things at their own pace.

Grrr!! I have to share my frustration with the fact that the three loads of laundry that were almost dry on the clothesline are now soaked from the five minute downpour we just got. i swear that cloud only rained on my house.:

Anyway... back to babies..
Old 08-18-2008, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

Niamh met two milestones for the first time this weekend.
first, she threw her first temper tantrum. she was going after something on the bed, i wouldnt let her have it, and she looked me dead in the eyes are screeched at me then threw herself backwards on the bed and started screaming and kicking her feet. it was actually kind of cute to watch.
second, she followed her first direction!!! she had been standing at the coffee table, and was putting some mail that was on it onto the floor. DH asked her to pick it up and hand it to him, and she did! bent over, picked a piece up, turned and handed it to him, and did it again till all the mail was picked up!!!!

it seems that once she turned 1 she just started blossoming.
she for sure isnt a little tiny baby anymore. but i still see her as my baby.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:22 AM

I love those little glimpses of their blossoming personalities.. I swear Schuyler occasionally crosses her arms and sticks that bottom lip out.

I'm starting to pack for a 4 day camping trip and had an epiphany of the perfect item my dd needs ( then i went and fou nd it on ebay!).. a pair of rain pants to just slip over whatever she's wearing so I can stop ruining her clothes....I know, it seems such a trivial thing but for some reasonits been bugging me lately.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to camping and eager to spend some time r&ring....

Heres my newest source of angst. Schuyler has always hated her high chair, so I got rid of it and put her in a booster chair at the table...Oldest ds came home from camp on Saturday (gone 7 weeks) and I realized when we went to sit down for dinner for the first time last night that I don't have enough chairs. duh.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:08 PM

omg I guess I have to admit I have a toddler now! Geesh where did the time go?
I'm not on here much as I am always on the offsite! It really does rock since I don't have to weed through everything to find the july 07 mamas! You new mamas pm if you want more info on the offsite.

Around here things are hectic since I am opening my own business, a natural parenting store. And Emersyn is into everything and constantly on the go. We are back on the potty full time after a small bump in the road around her first birthday which I hear is normal. It's been 100% potty for the past few days, love ECing!

I am finding feeding her frusterating, she really doesn't like most solids so bfing is still her main nutrition supply, I keep telling her when she starts school mommy isn't going to bf anymore LOL I was only planning to bf until 18 mths or 2 bit at tjos rate geez I really don't know how long she will need to bf!
She still isn't sleeping well a good night is 4 hours although last night was great 5 whole hours! Right now we are having two nap days again, usually at least one nap is 1.5 to 2 hours! but I have to stop sleeping when she sleeps or I get nothing done!
Nice to see some of you mamas that aren't on the other group!
Must get a pic on here!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:03 AM

Jolene, Sage is very much a boobie girl still. Only now after she's been terribly ill for the past month (better now) has she become interested in food. Today she sat in one of our kitchen chairs and nibbled on a whole nectarine, the whole time looking at me saying "mmm" "num num". She even ate some dinner tonight... I need to make more of a point to sit her in the chair for meal times. More often than not I'm holding her while I eat or some other set up.

Sage's personality seems to be blossoming as well. She's got the sweetest, coyest (is that a word?) smile. She's such a little flirt. Our personalities are very similar, I can actually say I have a little mini-me. She's also getting to that snuggly stage... which I love. She wraps her arms around my neck and nuzzles her head into my neck now intentionally. :

Old 08-20-2008, 02:49 AM

Hi all! Just subbing to this new thread!

User Tag List