Jogging Stroller Shopping! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-20-2008, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son is 14 months old & has mild cerebral palsy. I am looking for a good jogging-style stroller,that will be able to accomidate him for several years.I also need one that is good on all terrains,durable,and also easily manuverable for all those trips to the hospital,as well as to the park,lake,etc., so looking for a swivel front wheel. I have looked at zillions online,& am SO confused! Can anyone recommend one that is all the above,as well as inexpensive,as I am not working and money is very tight. Thanks!
#2 of 10 Old 08-20-2008, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I would suggest trying to find a used BOB in your situation. They fold very easily, I can do it one hand with a toddler on a hip. They steer like a dream, have front wheel that swivels or you can lock it, are very durable, and will fit your DS for years to come. My 5.5 year old DD1 is average sized and can fit in my BOB with the sun shade down still. They are $$, but I know people that have had good luck finding used ones on ebay, craig's list, etc...

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#3 of 10 Old 08-21-2008, 01:19 AM

I second the BOB. If you live near an REI they have then and you can try one out
#4 of 10 Old 08-21-2008, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter

What is an "REI" ?
Haven't had any luck on Craigslist,and the BOB's are sooo expensive.
#5 of 10 Old 08-21-2008, 02:08 AM

I Love The Bob ----- It Will Last For Soooo Long So It Is Very Worth The Investment!!!

"There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way and not starting." - Buddha.
#6 of 10 Old 08-21-2008, 02:13 AM

oops sorry REI http://www.rei.com/ a camping etc store
#7 of 10 Old 08-21-2008, 09:21 AM

One vote here for a Mountain Buggy. Fair warning, though: to push one is to buy one!
#8 of 10 Old 08-21-2008, 02:19 PM

I couldn't afford a BOB. We recently got a Baby Trend Expedition, this one:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2980785

and I LOVE it. It has the swivel wheel that can be locked for running. I am really pleased with it, and DS loves riding in it. That being said, you could probably go for the Baby Trend Expedition LX: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2980786

instead of the deluxe that I have because a lot of the extra features that make it deluxe don't work well for me, like the Mp3 speaker and the pedometer.

Anoter reason I liked the Baby Trend Expeditions is because they have a child tray. DS was terrified to ride in a jogger without a tray, but if he's got a tray he's all set, and it keeps his Sigg bottle and some snacks handy for him while where out running.

Mama to 2 sweet gorgeous children, a 4-year-old DS and a 1-year-old DD.
#9 of 10 Old 08-21-2008, 05:33 PM

Keep checking craigslist for Bob's! I found one after checking everyday for a month and I got a great deal on it. Seriously after having my bob, I pushed another mom's stroller for her and I couldn't believe the difference. It's totally worth it!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#10 of 10 Old 08-21-2008, 08:03 PM

I have the bob Duallie and love it!! Absoulutley love it!! That being said I could not afford a second BOB and I desperatly wanted a single stroller since my now 4 year old wants to ride his bike all the time. So I went on the hunt for a good single jogger that woudln't bankrupt me.

I ordered this one and it's awesome!!! Way less the price but just as good as the bob in my opinion...only difference is it doens't have the shocks and it has the smaller rear wheels..which i actually find beneficial for getting in an out of the trunk of my civic. Unless you are running over rough terrain you don't need the shocks. It goes up to 60lbs which should serve you for years to come.

http://www.joggingstroller.com/Tike-...360-Single.pro

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page