stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 111 Old 09-20-2008, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, how exciting! txbikegrrl is on that list too - wasn't/isn't she in our DDC?
#63 of 111 Old 09-21-2008, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiLy View Post
Wow, how exciting! txbikegrrl is on that list too - wasn't/isn't she in our DDC?
Hey, you're right! cool.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#64 of 111 Old 09-21-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyxi View Post
This sounds like anemia to me. Our DS has a blood disorder and we were told to watch for these symptoms because they're signs of low hemoglobin (anemia).
Thank you for sharing! A while ago I posted on another board that I was concerned he bruised easily (after this bruise came up under his eye after no trauma) and several people brought up anemia. Maybe I will see if the pedi will test his iron at our next WBV. Thank you again

: Kristen! Congrats!
Is it also ok for me to say that I will be thinking positive thoughts for you to have an easy birth? You deserve to have a magic baby who just teleports out when s/he's ready.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#65 of 111 Old 09-21-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
Thank you for sharing! A while ago I posted on another board that I was concerned he bruised easily (after this bruise came up under his eye after no trauma) and several people brought up anemia. Maybe I will see if the pedi will test his iron at our next WBV. Thank you again
Are the whites of his eyes really that white? You might want to take him in sooner, the next visit is 18 months isn't it?

Quote:
: Kristen! Congrats!
Is it also ok for me to say that I will be thinking positive thoughts for you to have an easy birth? You deserve to have a magic baby who just teleports out when s/he's ready.
Thanks, yes you can certainly keep that thought for me! We can always hope!

#66 of 111 Old 09-21-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
Are the whites of his eyes really that white? You might want to take him in sooner, the next visit is 18 months isn't it?
. . .
Thanks, yes you can certainly keep that thought for me! We can always hope!
Yes the whites are that white. Is that sign too ? We actually missed the 12 month apt (it was set for August) because of the craziness of moving my calender was packed and my home phone was disconnected. I'll schedule an appt tomorrow.

Well, you might remember my story. My first was 72 hours ROM and 60 hours labor. Mickey was just 12. I didn't have a cesarean though so I didn't have to consider the to VBAC or not to VBAC thing. Good luck

~laura
#67 of 111 Old 09-21-2008, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Congratulations how very exciting. : May is a good time too.

Well my dh has been on strike for almost a month now. We have no income coming in which that is getting pretty scary. John works a ton of hours. He goes to work at 4 am 6-7 days a week and he is gone until dinner time or so. He is a very hands on father though despite the insane hours. So he has been home like I said for almost a month. Friday he had strike duty for 5 hours and Miss Maggie was very upset that her daddy was not at home when she woke up. She begged to see him for a couple of hours so I had to take her over to the picket line so she could get her daddy fix. I have no idea what she is going to do when he goes back to work.

Heidi
#68 of 111 Old 09-21-2008, 09:07 PM

Hi ladies, its been a long time! I've been unable to keep up w/ the long threads and seeing several pages just overwhelmed me too much.

CONGRATS Kristen!!!!!:::: That is so exciting!! Another May baby!

Laura, I hope that Mickey is doing OK. I'd get him checked out too since that is one of the signs I look for when I start to feel a bit anemic.

Elise is doing very well. She is almost 17mths! I just can't believe it! She is so much fun. She talks all the time! I think she has about 50 words but I've never really counted. Her new word is "No, No, Mommy!" And while saying it she will shake her little finger! Its so funny. She LOVES music and dances all the time. Sheis still nursing a lot and I don't see her weaning anytime soon which is just fine with me. DH & I finally set up her crib in a side car and she LOVES it!! I think she loves having her own space. She also loves to eat and will try anything. She keeps us laughing!

In other news DH left for a 7 1/2 mth deployment 2 weeks ago so things have been hard at our house. The girls and I are doing better but its still hard w/out him around.

I hope to be better in keeping updated and in touch now.
#69 of 111 Old 09-21-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Yes the whites are that white. Is that sign too ? We actually missed the 12 month apt (it was set for August) because of the craziness of moving my calender was packed and my home phone was disconnected. I'll schedule an appt tomorrow.
Yes, that's another sign of anemia. And long term anemia in children can lead to learning deficiencies so I'd get it checked out.

Quote:
Well, you might remember my story. My first was 72 hours ROM and 60 hours labor. Mickey was just 12. I didn't have a cesarean though so I didn't have to consider the to VBAC or not to VBAC thing. Good luck
Oh, no consideration here, it'll be a VBAC unless something goes seriously wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
Well my dh has been on strike for almost a month now. We have no income coming in which that is getting pretty scary. John works a ton of hours. He goes to work at 4 am 6-7 days a week and he is gone until dinner time or so. He is a very hands on father though despite the insane hours. So he has been home like I said for almost a month. Friday he had strike duty for 5 hours and Miss Maggie was very upset that her daddy was not at home when she woke up. She begged to see him for a couple of hours so I had to take her over to the picket line so she could get her daddy fix. I have no idea what she is going to do when he goes back to work.
Sorry to hear that your DH is off work. The financial repercussions of me not working is starting to hit us here. I have a job interview on Wed morning, hopefully I get it! It's no fun to be stressed financially.

Maggie is not the only one super attached to daddy. kayleigh has learned to sign "work" and is always asking for daddy or asking if he is at work. She loves him to bits and they sit and watch UFC fights on the computer a lot. It's the only "tv" that she watches and mostly she explores his desk or cuddles with him. So cute.

#70 of 111 Old 09-22-2008, 12:33 PM

Congrats, Kristen! Yay! :

This morning, the first thing Elisabeth said was "Daddy?"

Michelle, I'll be thinking of you, I cannot imagine. I hate it when is gone one night!

I started a natural mamas group, and we had a picnic for our kick-off, five people and one family came! I had been in contact with most of them, my 's chiro's partner came and invited a gal I didn't know, and the family just saw our flyer in the local grocery store! It was pretty exciting!

We're going to meet twice a month, and I'm not sure if we're just going to hang out, or if I should do some sort of short 'talk' each time on something. Kinda like the LaLeche League meetings? But I've never been to one, so I don't know! So any suggestions are welcome. We are going to have another BWing class later. Hmm, I could show the Co-sleeping webinar maybe, since it downloadable now. but that might get long. duh, I can break it up. We are trying to make the meetings child-friendly.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
#71 of 111 Old 09-22-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:

Congrats Mama!

Grace Comes.

#72 of 111 Old 09-22-2008, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Mickey seems fine today , I don't really know what the heck was happening, but I'm glad it's over

He started saying a new word "dognabbit"--thank you mom

My house is officially on the market. I hope it sells quickly :
What would you think if a house you were looking at had terra cotta colored walls in the kitchen?
my child (4) was having blue mouth spells. we took him to the cardiologist because I couldn't figure it out and it kept happening. if little one is really light it is usually just the temperature change that causes it. and if he was sleeping a bit cool and not breathing real well it can make that happen.

terra cotta kitchen makes me thing bread and warm

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#73 of 111 Old 09-22-2008, 06:16 PM

yay kristen on the +. may babies are great! ( i have 2)
thanks for the happy birthdays guys. im still recovering from oral/sinus surgery and it seems like i just can't get out from under it.
happy birthday to all of my fellow virgos!

dh and I are in the market for a new home, our OWN home. I want somewhere with good special needs, decent living space, and a nice yard. must be able to have a garden since i survive on canned and frozen garden stuff all winter.

i have some great new pictures of nate and the boys on my blog. including a recipe for pumpkin butter! yummy. one batch made 8 jars and they are all gone in less than a week. it makesme feel good to give my family things from my garden.
good luck to you ladies selling houses

nate is such a love bug. I can hardly stand it. it is almost as though he wants to kiss us to death. then he gets excited and bites us like he just wants to eat us. i just adore his personality. he seems to have outgrown his hitting phase thank god. he makes some obnoxious noises including a screech and some kind of sucking in wind pig being slaughtered kind of noise

the car seat is teathered in the back aas well as the front of the seat. it doesnt move more than an inch really...is that bad should i loosen it to make it move more? he seems ok back there most of the time these days.

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#74 of 111 Old 09-23-2008, 02:39 PM

Yeah for more May babies! Congrats!

I finally found this thread and I'm jumping back in. Clay is 16 months now, walking a lot, talking a little, whining a fair amount

I'm so happy to hear about how all your babies (toddlers now I guess, but I still call him a baby) are doing. I'm off to catch up on the thread more.

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#75 of 111 Old 09-23-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn View Post

the car seat is teathered in the back aas well as the front of the seat. it doesnt move more than an inch really...is that bad should i loosen it to make it move more? he seems ok back there most of the time these days.
It absolutely needs to move less than an inch--good job and as long as your carseat allows RF tethering you're there too (Britax and Radian are the only ones I can think of that allow it). That RF tethering will also help with the rebound effect we talked about earlier

Actually, after all that talk I switched my seats around so Mickey was in a seat that tethers RF. He was in a Safety 1st uptown before and it didn't allow for tethering RF. I feel better about it even though I know that they both pass testing the way they are. He seems to like the angle better too. That uptown was wicked upright

~laura
#76 of 111 Old 09-23-2008, 08:38 PM

I couldn't get a hold of the pedi today , but I'm going to try again tomorrow. I'd like to get him in for an appt before the end of the week.

Does anyone else have a climber? Mickey climbs on the table on my mom's desk and he even pushes a kitchen chair to the counter and climbs up there. He's unstoppable! Suggestions to get him to stop?

~laura
#77 of 111 Old 09-23-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Does anyone else have a climber? Mickey climbs on the table on my mom's desk and he even pushes a kitchen chair to the counter and climbs up there. He's unstoppable! Suggestions to get him to stop?
Super climber here! It's an everyday occurrance for me to run into a room to Akasha dancing on top of a table. Ugh! She's always bumped up but it doesn't seem to stop her at all. She's a little dare devil.

Grace Comes.

#78 of 111 Old 09-23-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
I couldn't get a hold of the pedi today , but I'm going to try again tomorrow. I'd like to get him in for an appt before the end of the week.

nate climbs EVERYTHING!!! table, chairs, me, walls, the bed, stairs, tha radiators. he just doesn't stop. mostly I allow it unless it's really scary

#79 of 111 Old 09-23-2008, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancebaraka View Post
Super climber here! It's an everyday occurrance for me to run into a room to Akasha dancing on top of a table. Ugh! She's always bumped up but it doesn't seem to stop her at all. She's a little dare devil.
Sebastian too! He climbs up and over everything. Over the couch, onto the chairs and tables, up the stairs. The other day I couldn't get him to stop climbing on my MIL's kitchen table and walking around on it and dancing on it! :

#80 of 111 Old 09-24-2008, 01:38 AM

Quote:

We have a climber here too. He pushes the kitchen chairs around too. I'm constantly pulling him off the kitchen table I would love some suggestions too.
#81 of 111 Old 09-24-2008, 02:06 AM

No ideas for climbing - we are quickly learning to keep full cups off the part of the counter that Henry climbs on. The worst is when he climbs onto the counter and then gets into his clip-on seat. It scares me half to death.

I got my hair cut short and I love it.

Henry seems to be working on his two year molars. He has had all his other teeth for a while. Here's a pic of him from last month. Here's one of both my kids.
#82 of 111 Old 09-24-2008, 02:31 AM

Hey, I had that same hair-cut for a long time! looks nice Mine is super long now because i grew it out for the wedding. I'll be getting it cut once we have some spendable money, so... not any time soon!

When it rains it pours in the work department. *sigh* I have a job interview tomorrow. If I get it I will have to hide that I am pregnant for at least a few weeks until I settle in. Not a happy thought for me. Oh well. Then I have tutoring and contract work coming out my ears. My taxes are going to be aweful to do this year! And this all after having NO work what-so-ever for 6-8 weeks. Yikes. Going to be a busy fall. DD and I are signed up for parent and tot gymnastics on Thursdays and Aquafit on Mondays. (I think the Aquafit is going to get cancelled though because it doesn't have enough participants.)

ETA: Oh, and here's a bunch of pics of my kids and a few friends.

#83 of 111 Old 09-24-2008, 04:44 AM

Quote:
DS is a huge climber. Our coffee table is low enough he can now get up there without any help. He uses a lot of his toys as step stools. If I am sitting right in front of the couch he will climb on top of me to get on the couch. His shoes digging into my chest is not the most pleasant feeling! Here are a few pics of our most recent climbing pictures. One and two.

Christopher still doesn't say much of anything beyond babbling. It gets a little frustrating at times. He understands and follows simple directions, he'll wave and blow kisses whenever we leave anywhere, but won't say anything. I'm sure most of the tantrums he has is because I am not understanding what he wants.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#84 of 111 Old 09-24-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstenb View Post
DS is a huge climber. Here are a few pics of our most recent climbing pictures. One and two.

that looks familiar!

Grace Comes.

#85 of 111 Old 09-24-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiLy View Post
I love it, it looks fabulous!

treehugger.gif
#86 of 111 Old 09-24-2008, 06:17 PM

Emily, your hair looks great! I love it.

Mine is really long right now (which dh likes) but I am toying with doing something else with it. I like it long but I always want something a bit more fashionable than the plain jane look I feel I have with my hair long. A homeschool dad at a fancy SoHo salon offered me a cheap cut and color (if I want it) and I think I might take him up on it. Anyone got any long cuts they love?

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#87 of 111 Old 09-24-2008, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynDoula View Post

Mine is really long right now (which dh likes) but I am toying with doing something else with it. I like it long but I always want something a bit more fashionable than the plain jane look I feel I have with my hair long. A homeschool dad at a fancy SoHo salon offered me a cheap cut and color (if I want it) and I think I might take him up on it. Anyone got any long cuts they love?
I'd take him up on it too.

I am also in desperate need of a hair style change. Mine is just long and strait and I'm ready for a change.. nothing too drastic but it's time. I keep having dreams of getting my hair cut super short.. which I am slightly afraid of!

#88 of 111 Old 09-24-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
I'd take him up on it too.

I am also in desperate need of a hair style change. Mine is just long and strait and I'm ready for a change.. nothing too drastic but it's time. I keep having dreams of getting my hair cut super short.. which I am slightly afraid of!

cutting off all your hair is scary... but it feels fantastic! I did it two weeks after my wedding a few years ago.
btw emily you look GREAT!

#89 of 111 Old 09-25-2008, 12:33 AM

Emily,

You look GREAT!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my short hair. I used to have really long hair, down the middle of my back. Then it kept getting shorter and shorter. After our 2nd DD it got REALLY short. Its grown out a bit and now its kinda of a bob.

Kristen how did your interview go?
#90 of 111 Old 09-25-2008, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewins24 View Post
Kristen how did your interview go?
It went well. Pay is not great, but better than the "nothing" I am earning right now (actually, that's not true, I'm quite busy, just at the wrong time of day!).

I'm a little concerned about daycare. Tomorrow I have a teenager coming over to meet with us, then I'm headed to work and dropping DD at the daycare where she's been a couple of times. She cried the last time I left her there, the whole time I was gone If she doesn't settle in quickly I'm going to have to explore other options pretty seriously. I like them, she is studying montessori and they have two girls of their own and are like-minded in the way they parent thier kids. BUT, if there is some reason that DD cries when I leave her there, well, I just can't do it! I used to leave her with a different sitter and when I dropped her off there she would wave and run off still in her coat and shoes to play. *sigh*

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page