My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 111 Old 09-01-2008, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:
No time for an update, but hello everyone!

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#3 of 111 Old 09-01-2008, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well I want an update on everyone. :

We are doing good. Working through some issues with Miss Maggie thinking she is 16 years old instead of 16 months old. She thinks she does not need to ride in a car seat any more and it is a fight to get her in. She kicks and screams and insists she should be able to sit on the seat. Of course she kicks me in the hand with the cast on it. Oh so Lovely. I do know we have to get her a new car seat because of her arthritis it makes her hurt. We will probably go with a britax because it has more padding on it.
Maggie is growing leaps and bounds. She has not felt well the last few days. Who knows what it is teeth, virus, JA?

Kristen, did you know the Birch Bay outlets is putting in a grocery store? It is suppose to be geared towards Canadians. I am not sure what that means maybe they will put Eh at the end of all their sentences.

Heidi
#4 of 111 Old 09-01-2008, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

We are doing good. Sebastian is pretty easy going. He still only says Hi, Mama, Dada/Papa. But he waves, and signs milk, all-gone, diaper, water, more and eat/food. He loves to dance and loves music- listening and playing.

He plays really well with other children, and I've been having friends watch him during work/school, and he has been OK, and generally happy playing with other kids.

Personally, I've been BUSY. I am going to school full time this semester, and working at WIC still... plus I am doing LLL Leadership stuff, and I signed myself up for a Lactation Educator class at the end of this month.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif

#5 of 111 Old 09-02-2008, 12:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hi everyone!
Nate does the same thing Maggie does. he has the britax seat and still spazzes like a demon. he is still rear facing since he isnt anywhere near the 20lb mark. how long can I keep him backwards? his feet hit the seat. is that safe?

he has started biting everyone. :all 6 teeth! ouch, he has also started pinching and pulling hair when he wants something and we dont listen. it makes me crazy.
we have nicknamed him Beaker (like from the muppets) he makes A LOT of meep-y kind of noises. he can make all the animal sounds and signs. says dada,mum,I,nighs(for nursing) and a slew of other words I dont quite understand. he also will want up and then point in the direction he wants you to go. in fact every morning when I get home from work he kisses and hugs me then points to our chair to nurse or ask me to lay down by pointing at the pillow. way cute!

my birthday is this month and I am having surgery the day before on my teeth and sinuses. so very much fun. ill be hopped up on pills for my birthday
:

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#6 of 111 Old 09-02-2008, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

kittn- when is your birthday? Mine is the 27th (and I'll be 27!!)

#7 of 111 Old 09-02-2008, 03:27 PM

My pumpkin is doing well. He is just getting so old, it seems. Even his facial features are moving quickly away from baby and toward kid. He eats (poorly) with forks and spoons, but won't have it any other way.

Has anyone started with the bathroom talk yet? We can't EC--I work outside the home and um, it's just not something we can work into his life. I know potty learning is a ways off (maybe not?) but I do always point out when I'm going potty and stuff and I don't... well, rather CAN'T, exclude him when I have to go. So when he barges in, he gets a detailed description of toilet time.
#8 of 111 Old 09-02-2008, 06:52 PM

Mick's word exposion is starting I think. He says danger, squished, and potty. He likes to sit on the potty, but he's only gone in it twice--once when he had diarrhea and I managed to get him there on time and once when I put him on right after a nap.

Ok, gotta make food :

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#9 of 111 Old 09-02-2008, 07:37 PM

:
Hey Mamas!

Here's to hoping I can keep up with our thread better this month!

Grace Comes.

#10 of 111 Old 09-02-2008, 07:47 PM

I can't believe it is already September! Not sure where the summer went...

Christopher is doing well. He is still not saying much beyond Mama and Papa, but he is all over the place and curious about everything. He babbles about everything, so I'm sure he'll wake up one morning with a slew of words. He loves to dance. He loves his food as long as he can feed himself- he won't take anything we try to feed him! He now runs up to us all the time to give us big hugs before running off to do his own thing.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#11 of 111 Old 09-02-2008, 09:49 PM

My birthday is this month too, today in fact.
Maggie is very very verbal. She speaks in 4-5 word sentences. She knows all of her body parts, and the sounds of most farm yard animals. We were at the ER today with Liam because of his JA and they have paper mache birds and she was quacking. They looked nothing like a duck more like a parrot but she kept on insisting duck and quacking. We do not EC but she uses her potty probably 5 times a day.

Heidi
#12 of 111 Old 09-02-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
My birthday is this month too, today in fact.
Maggie is very very verbal. She speaks in 4-5 word sentences. She knows all of her body parts, and the sounds of most farm yard animals. We were at the ER today with Liam because of his JA and they have paper mache birds and she was quacking. They looked nothing like a duck more like a parrot but she kept on insisting duck and quacking. We do not EC but she uses her potty probably 5 times a day.
Um, if Facebook is correct Ms. Heidi, TODAY is your birthday! I hope it has been a great one :.

Iris is also quite verbal, loves nature and animal sounds. She thinks all flowers are called "daisy," which is adorable. Whenever we see flowers, she makes this huge inhale like she is smelling the flower. She has been saying "pee" and "poop" when she needs to go, and the other night while DH and I were discussing politics over dinner she started saying "Obama" and we haven't yet gotten her to stop!

treehugger.gif
#13 of 111 Old 09-02-2008, 10:56 PM

Oh, and happy birthday to kittn and lizzy, as well!

treehugger.gif
#14 of 111 Old 09-02-2008, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

: Happy Birthday Heidi!! :

#15 of 111 Old 09-02-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
kittn- when is your birthday? Mine is the 27th (and I'll be 27!!)
its the 13th I will be 31!
im not looking forward to it though.

happy birthday to heidi and you too lizzy.!

Nate has started taking off his diapers, so we pulled out the potty and : he sits and pees there 50% of the time!

sounds do count as words right?
nate had a speech eval through EI and she said he was a little slow (from the lip tie) just getting the B,P, D noises but over all doing GREAT! yay

on a side note we also found out today he need his tonsils and adnoids out. december 1st. he has mild sleep apnea and isnt growing real well. We took him in and then got a second opinion. the first guy said we could wait the second said NOW so we are waiting. i want to fatten him up before he has surgery and cannot eat. he is so rail thin that you can feel and see the little bone under his ribs under his sternum.

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#16 of 111 Old 09-03-2008, 10:18 AM

Happy birthday Heidi, Kittn, LizzyQ!

No time for more -- subbing.

OK nevermind now she's enthralled with her helmet (DD was trying to get my attention.)

We're all fine. It was just my b-day too, we didn't do anything too exciting just dinner & a movie because we're trying to be a bit conservative with money because we (hopefully) getting our house this month. We just put in an offer on one and they have a counter offer, we are going to see our realtor today so she can present the counter offer.

LizzyQ--you sound like you're taking on a lot! You make me feel sort of lazy for dropping out of school. I decided to open a bakery and didn't think I could do that and be a full time student (in fact, the youth business loan I am applying for doesn't let you do both.)

Raven says quite a few words but most of them she's said for a few months. Her only new one, I think, is "Elmo" ... ugh! She's still just over 20 lbs. and still just shy of outgrowing her Graco SafeSeat--yup we haven't even had to buy a convertible yet. But she is almost at the height limit so we're gonna have to start looking soon. What else? She SCREECHES all the time. Is this a girl thing??? If she's mad, sad, tired, frustrated, hungry, doesn't want to be in her car seat, bike trailer, stroller, carrier, etc., she SCREECHES! Yikes it's LOUD!
#17 of 111 Old 09-03-2008, 08:06 PM

Happy Birthday!

We're doing well here. We went to Southern California last week. It went really well. K didn't like the flight there, but the flight home was great. He loved sea world. He learned 2 words there: "see" and "look"

I took him in for a wbv yesterday. He is doing great except for some eczema problems. Anyone else have a babe with eczema? He is also very verbal. He is starting to put 2 and 3 words together. Today, I asked him if he needed a new diaper and he proceeded to grab me a diaper and the wipes, then laid down on the rug! We're thinking he is probably going to be ready for potty learning soon.
Last night, I set dd's dinner on the table, turned around to grab my own and this is what I saw when I turned back around. You can't tell from the pic, but he had taken his diaper off, so he's sitting up there naked! I'm in big trouble!
#18 of 111 Old 09-05-2008, 05:42 AM

You can do EC when you're home - just put your baby on the potty in the middle of one or two diaper changes per day. Just that exposure will greatly improve the potty learning process because it will be a much more gradual at-the-child's-pace process. Heidi - sounds to me like you DO do EC!!

Meesa - same exact problem here. We were pulling the counter stools away from the counter for a few days so Henry couldn't climb up there, but now he pushes them around so for now we have them pushed over on their sides. I'm sure Henry will be lifting them back upright any day. And he just goes around to the other side and climbs up the couch to get on the counter anyway.

I hadn't weighed Henry in a few months but I did last week. THIRTY ONE POUNDS. yes. I had no idea. He doesn't look/seem THAT big to me, but I guess I'm just used to it. We haven't put pictures up on our blog yet, but the other day we took some of him at a lake you can see it here.

My husband and I are motivating each other to get stuff done. We are working on our business ventures harder. I got caught up with laundry. It sounds stupid, but I have had probably 4-5 loads always undone since before Henry was born. There are still a few baskets to be put away, but I'm making progress on that. I am working on my email inboxes, accounting/tax stuff, all sorts of stuff. Feels nice.

Henry is saying lots of single words but not with lots of clarity, which is fine. He isn't into body parts but he seems to like colors and a few animals. He's mostly into DOING stuff - climbing, putting things from one place to another, etc. Not so much looking at pictures and that kind of thing.
#19 of 111 Old 09-06-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn View Post
its the 13th I will be 31!
im not looking forward to it though.
. . .on a side note we also found out today he need his tonsils and adnoids out. december 1st. he has mild sleep apnea and isnt growing real well. We took him in and then got a second opinion. the first guy said we could wait the second said NOW so we are waiting. i want to fatten him up before he has surgery and cannot eat. he is so rail thin that you can feel and see the little bone under his ribs under his sternum.
My B-day is the 13th as well! I'm going to be 27.
((((hug)))) about your kiddo needing surgery. I think I would find that stressful and scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyleigh33 View Post
. . .LizzyQ--you sound like you're taking on a lot! You make me feel sort of lazy for dropping out of school.
. . .
She's still just over 20 lbs. and still just shy of outgrowing her Graco SafeSeat--yup we haven't even had to buy a convertible yet. But she is almost at the height limit so we're gonna have to start looking soon.
I dropped out this semester too What with moving in with my mom and everything I felt way overwelmed and I started having melt-downs . Two of the three classes I was signed up for were awesome, but were very hard-core classes known to be "the hardest" in the Anthro department.
Mickey (28lbs) just outgrew the safeseat too I retired it for the most part a few months ago. I bought a radian from Krystal323 for my mom's car and I snagged the last safety 1st uptown (35lb RF limit from my biglots for $65. It's so soft and coushy, but it's not as easy to use:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiLy View Post
THIRTY ONE POUNDS. yes. I had no idea. He doesn't look/seem THAT big to me, but I guess I'm just used to it. .
Holy freaking crap! That's a biggun!

Mickey uses a fork now, it's so cute

~laura
#20 of 111 Old 09-07-2008, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
Kristen, did you know the Birch Bay outlets is putting in a grocery store? It is suppose to be geared towards Canadians. I am not sure what that means maybe they will put Eh at the end of all their sentences.
Har har!
I was in Birch bay camping last weekend Fri-Sun, stopped in at the new Jack-in-the-Box, didn't see any signs showing what was going in there. Funny that they would put a store there... there is a huge Cost Cutter in Blaine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyleigh33 View Post
She SCREECHES all the time. Is this a girl thing??? If she's mad, sad, tired, frustrated, hungry, doesn't want to be in her car seat, bike trailer, stroller, carrier, etc., she SCREECHES! Yikes it's LOUD!
Yep, that's us too. The shrieking can start to wear thin a bit sometimes... but when she's not shrieking she's just so darn cute!! :

Kayleigh is 25lbs and 32". She's talking lots, her list of words is too big to list any more and she learns new words every day. Today she learned "fork" finally (she's been calling it spoon) and yesterday she learned "stairs". She's still signing lots too, and nursing lots.

I'm into a new school year with new students to tutor and have found a daycare near me that works under the Montessori model and will take DD on a drop-in basis for fairly cheap. yay!

and I think I might be pregnant

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#21 of 111 Old 09-07-2008, 02:21 AM

nate shrieks too. he kinda screams and bats at you when he is really mad.

he has started biting everyone and now has learned to pull hair. we tell him gentle and that doesnt usually work. so i put him down and he cries but he stops

#22 of 111 Old 09-07-2008, 06:25 PM

Kristen! When do you find out for sure?!?!?

~laura
#23 of 111 Old 09-07-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
Har har!
I was in Birch bay camping last weekend Fri-Sun, stopped in at the new Jack-in-the-Box, didn't see any signs showing what was going in there. Funny that they would put a store there... there is a huge Cost Cutter in Blaine.

and I think I might be pregnant
That is funny. We were in Birch Bay to last weekend. Just for a short time though.

When are you going to find out for sure? Are you excited?

We went camping this weekend. It is cooler out now and Miss Maggie froze during the night as she would not stay in the sleeping bag or underneath the blankets. We did have her dressed in a heavy sleeper PJ with a onesie underneath.

Heidi
#24 of 111 Old 09-07-2008, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter

Kristen- Are you going to test??!! Hope you get the results you want!

Heidi- When we take Seb camping he is cold too. I have to bundle him up in fleece or wool because he also hate blankets on him.

#25 of 111 Old 09-07-2008, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

BTW:

This post is my # 3000! Wow! ::

#26 of 111 Old 09-08-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
BTW:

This post is my # 3000! Wow! ::
Congratulations

Heidi
#27 of 111 Old 09-08-2008, 07:52 PM

Norah is learning new words in leaps and bounds the past few months. She's still not a big talker especially with strangers. Even with me I have to ask her "do you want food, do you want a drink, do you want to go outside..." She shakes her head "no" and when I get to the right one she signs "please". Gah!

Her other word is "owww" which she loves to use in public for no reason!

Uses utensils always lol, is really close to being potty trained, eats meat and fruit mostly, no bread! Sang along to "happy birthday" to me last week. Although it was more like ahhhhhhh ahhhhhhh..... She tried!

Blood curldling screams? Yep.

DD is a tiny one. She's just 22.5 lbs and 28 inches tall. 15 month pic

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#28 of 111 Old 09-10-2008, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonStarFalling View Post
Norah is learning new words in leaps and bounds the past few months. She's still not a big talker especially with strangers. Even with me I have to ask her "do you want food, do you want a drink, do you want to go outside..." She shakes her head "no" and when I get to the right one she signs "please". Gah!

Her other word is "owww" which she loves to use in public for no reason!

Uses utensils always lol, is really close to being potty trained, eats meat and fruit mostly, no bread! Sang along to "happy birthday" to me last week. Although it was more like ahhhhhhh ahhhhhhh..... She tried!

Blood curldling screams? Yep.

DD is a tiny one. She's just 22.5 lbs and 28 inches tall. 15 month pic

wow look at those lashes!

#29 of 111 Old 09-10-2008, 05:57 AM

Kermit is rapidly becoming more verbal, too. He has more words than I give him credit for. He can say words like bat (the animal) and cheese. He understands seemingly EVERYTHING I say. Even if I'm not talking directly to him he may leave the room and come back with something that he thought I was talking about. Often I can get him to take things and throw them away in the trash can. Sometimes he throws away things he shouldn't. We've been missing the DVD remote from our bedroom for about a week. Not sure what happened there.

I can't believe how quick he's growing up. I don't think I expected him to be this grown up already. It breaks my heart. But he is just more fun and sweeter every day. He still nurses lots and lots, though, which is fine with me.

I left him with friends last week so DH and I could go to a concert. We were apart for about 4 1/2 hours. He was fine, really, but I missed him so much. I made DH leave before the concert was over. That was the longest we'd been apart and I don't think I'm interested in doing that again any time soon.

Sorry for the ramblings, but for some reason I'm awake at 4:30am...
#30 of 111 Old 09-10-2008, 10:00 AM

Question. I'll post here before I go off to health & healing.

Since last night I noticed that Mickey is kinda dusky around his mouth and nose. WHen he cries it turns really blue/purple. He woke up and seems dizzy. He fell off his chair while he was eating his breakfast and he's just not himself.
What would you do?

~laura

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page