She poops, and poops and poops in the potty and WON'T stop - Mothering Forums

#1 of 15 Old 09-10-2008, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My little girl, 2, is completely potty trained :::
She wears undies 100 percent of the time but she poops and poops all the time in the potty. Just little bitty "butt nuggets" come out and this has taken up more than half my day watching her because she sometimes spills as she is dumping the potty. Any suggestions on how I can get her to poop it all out at once? I remember wishing "Geez I just wish she would poop in her potty!" Be careful what you wish for......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 09-10-2008, 03:14 PM

Could she be constipated? Perhaps offer her some more high-fiber foods and plenty of water for a few days and see if the situation improves?

Writer, wife to a great DH, AP mama to one sweet boy 6/07 and expecting a girl in October!
#3 of 15 Old 09-10-2008, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

I don't think she is constipated, her poop is firm, but not dry, and she DRINKS a LOT during the day, only water or milk. Her diet is very good (only organic, no sugar, sweets, processed food, or fast food ever) I don't know if this is new so she wants to poop all the time or what is going on. It is sure driving me nuts though. Usually moms have the opposite problem.

#4 of 15 Old 09-10-2008, 05:58 PM

well, pooping does feel good. i'm betting it's a phase, a fascination with this new-found achievement. this too shall pass.

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#5 of 15 Old 09-10-2008, 06:02 PM

If it lasts a few more days, I would suspect something medical.
#6 of 15 Old 09-10-2008, 06:43 PM

Try giving her something to do on the potty. I posted a thread a while for suggestion of easy to clean toys for use while sitting on the potty. We got a Thomas magnet set. Many people suggested books, but that wouldn't have workecd that well for us since I have had to clean the magnet set many times (probably less of a problem with girls.)

Timmy's Mommy WARNING
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#7 of 15 Old 09-10-2008, 07:27 PM

Even though she drinks a lot of water and eats veggies, she still could be constipated. Does she strain?

I hope it's a passing phase -- I can't imagine little poop nuggets getting spilled everywhere
#8 of 15 Old 09-11-2008, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Maybe she's just a pooper? I've got one.

DS always pooped "normally" - that would be once every few days, max once a day.

DD poops and poops - up to 5 times a day. And often a lot in each diaper. Mushy and soft, so not constipated. She just eats a whole lot, and well, what goes in must come out again.
#9 of 15 Old 09-11-2008, 11:53 AM

I would suggest something to do on the potty so she stays there for a little longer. Just sounds like she's not finishing the job each time. She might feel relieved after a little "nugget" and not realize there is more to go. She might sit there while you read a story or do a puzzle and finish the job.

DD was like that when she was busy playing, rushed through it to get back at play but wasn't finished. At 10yo she still sometimes rushes #2 and has to run back a few mins later to go again.
#10 of 15 Old 09-11-2008, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ds gets poops like that when he's not eating enough fruit and he's eating too many grains. Could that be the case?
When did this start? Was it like this when she wore diapers? Has their been a new food lately?

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

#11 of 15 Old 09-11-2008, 02:06 PM

DS loves to go to the bathroom. He is a serial pooper, too. Kind of funny, because when he was in diapers, he would regularly go three days between BMs.

He loves the whole deal; the toilet paper, the flushing, the handwashing. Now he's big enough to go standing up, he's in there every time he has a drop that he might be able to squeeze out, just so he can go through the ritual of putting the seat up and down. It's one of his favorite things about being big. I had to make a rule about not flushing unless there's poo, because he was wasting water!

How would you feel about the situation if she were going on the toilet instead of the potty? At least you would save yourself the cleanup.

Dawn - Mom to : Jack 11/04 and David 5/08
#12 of 15 Old 09-11-2008, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie22 View Post
DS loves to go to the bathroom. He is a serial pooper, too. Kind of funny, because when he was in diapers, he would regularly go three days between BMs.

He loves the whole deal; the toilet paper, the flushing, the handwashing. Now he's big enough to go standing up, he's in there every time he has a drop that he might be able to squeeze out, just so he can go through the ritual of putting the seat up and down. It's one of his favorite things about being big. I had to make a rule about not flushing unless there's poo, because he was wasting water!

How would you feel about the situation if she were going on the toilet instead of the potty? At least you would save yourself the cleanup.
Serial pooper...that is funny! I think I have one. I am an RN so I was not too worried about her pooping, it is just driving me nuts...wiping and flushing, wiping and flushing...gets old. Today has been better, she has only gone three times. I hope this ends the pooping for the time being. She LOVES wiping her butt to for some odd reason...strange little critter..
#13 of 15 Old 09-12-2008, 01:03 AM

My DS does this with pee. 4 drops, then empty in the toilet, then carry back to where the potty was, then 4 drops, then empty in the toilet, et cetera until bladder is empty. Don't anyone try to tell me that toddler boys do not have bladder control! I finally took the little potty away and limited access to just the big potty (toilet with a potty seat on it) and he pees out his full bladder on that.

I am astoundingly lucky! Mother to my beloved child since 01/06/07. Fighting cancer since 09/06/07.
#14 of 15 Old 09-12-2008, 01:16 AM

Ds1 went through a phase where he pooped like 7 times a day shortly after he finally potty trained last spring. I cut down the amount of milk he drinks and started giving him a calcium supplement and now he poops once or twice a day.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#15 of 15 Old 09-12-2008, 01:47 AM

I think its just a phase - getting excited about going to the bathroom. I would think it would pass soon!

Vanessa... Happily married to a paramedic - celebrating 10 years of marriage!  Mama to one crazy 6 year old transformer and one chatterbox 4 year old princess.  Daycare provider to many jumping beans  I'm expecting my third in late November. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page