DD won't quit taking her clothes off - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-12-2008, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
20 mo DD is a streaker. She is constantly taking off her diapers, pants, socks and shoes. She can get out of footy pajamas even when the zipper or buttons are covered. I took this all as a sign that maybe she was ready to potty learn, but so far, no go. She will have tantrums all day long because we insist she wear pants to go out or wear pajamas to bed because it is cold. One minute she wants them on, and then she is taking them off. HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2008, 09:09 PM

Boy. I hope, if it bothers you, that your girls aren't like mine. They are 5 and 3 and they are always naked! They walk in the door and take their clothes off with their shoes! Rules are they need clothes when other people are over or if they are outside but the rest of the time, naked. The adults in my house always wear clothes so I'm not sure where they get it!!

Mama to two wonderful daughers: 02/03/03 and 10/19/05
Old 10-13-2008, 12:00 AM

My toddler does the same thing, I think in part it's potty learning readiness and in part it's an independence thing - she wants to put them back on herself, but gives up the second it doesn't go on easily and is happy being naked. I think most kids would prefer to be naked. If you allow nakey time at home, will she be more amenable to wearing clohes when out? We've always had a "You must wear clothes to go out" rule, and some days the promise of going out is the only way I can get DD (2) to get dressed.

At nighttime, I'd just let her sleep naked if that's what she wants - I'd say something like "OK, no jammies, but you do need a diaper, OK?" That's a compromise my DD would be OK with. And if she's cold at night, well, that's just a natural consequence and a learning experience, right?
Old 10-13-2008, 12:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My DD is 20 months old too and there are certain shirts that she can just strip right off as soon as we put it on her. She also will take off her pants if they have an elastic waistband. I usually procrastinate getting her dressed as long as I can because she doesn't mind the footy pajamas.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:06 PM

I have a stripper as well.

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
Old 10-14-2008, 01:22 PM

Ah, yes, gotta love the nakey toddlers!

DD was/is a stripper, too. And she has always disliked wearing jammies to bed. I think she is genuinely hot at night (we cosleep and still nurse) so prefers to be cool and nakey. Now that it's getting colder at night, I try to put pajamas on her right before we go to bed and most of the time they stay on. The other thing is that she has always absolutely despised footie pajamas (which is too bad because they are so cute!). Perhaps your DD will prefer just wearing a long sleeve shirt or a gown style pj instead of the footies?

DD also takes her shoes and socks off in the car, so we just bring them and put them on right before we get out of the car at our destination. Many less "battles" that way, and she is happy to put them on because she is excited to get out of the car.

Overall, though, I love seeing her being so free and uninhibited with her body. It must feel so good to just "be". :
Old 10-14-2008, 01:54 PM

My baby is the same way! She is 22 months old and doing really really well with the potty learning. At home I don't mind it, but it is difficult at friend's homes . But I think she'll be in big girl undies before her birthday :!

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

User Tag List