Mothering Forum banner

Changing from baby room to toddler room..

738 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  FondestBianca 
#1 ·
we are thinking of moving my dd (2.5yrs) into her 'big girl bed' and it got me thinking about her room. i would love to move her into the bigger spare room to give her more room. i don't want to do too much at one time. should i move her room then change beds after she gets used to it? or do the bed first, then move rooms? we are ttc #2 right now and we could always keep the spare room as is and if we're blessed with #2 then use the bigger room as the nursery.
wdyt?

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockportmama View Post
If you're really OK with either option, why not let DD decide? At the very least, she'd be more likely to go along with the changes if it was her choice.
diito.

and in addition I'd probably move the room at the same time because, well, I'm not good at waiting to do things I want to eventually do anyway. Dh and I actually did this with dd. At the same time we were ditching the crib for a toddler bed we moved her across the hall to the bigger room. She loved it because along with moving her room where she had only white walls I painted all four walls in colors she liked and even went as far as to do a mural of birch trees on one wall and grass around the bottom of the other 3 walls. She had more floor space to play in her new room as well.

She is now 3 and has been in a twin size bed for quite awhile now... honestly, I'd suggest skipping a toddler bed and going straight to the desired size adult bed. Just start with the mattress directly on the floor or put rails on the sides if you're concerned. At 3 we have no problems with her falling out at night however. Dd loved all of the changes and had no issue adjusting all at once. In fact, for quite awhile she wanted to spend all day playing in her new room. Her old room is now being painted and decorated for soon to arrive ds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.