Mothering Forum banner

~*~ May 2007 Mamas, It's November! Our Babes are 18 mos! ~*~

1K views 41 replies 18 participants last post by  Maggirayne 
#1 ·
With NaNoWriMo and Thanksgiving and everything!

Including
's b-day today and mine soon and our anniversary and Elisabeth's half-birthday!

See less See more
#7 ·
I'm subbing too! I can't believe our babes are 18 months old! Time is just flying by.

#9 ·
Hi everyone!

I can't believe Jack is 18 mos!!!! I absolutely love this stage. He talks like there's no tomorrow- we're up to over 100 words now- and every time he sees a picture of himself he says "Dack!" (That's what he calls himself instead of Jack). His favorite new words are popcorn and shower, and whenever I talk about taking a shower, he runs down the hallway screaming "tower tower tower!" and then stands in the shower, waiting for me to turn on the water.

He's still a tiny little dude- he barely weighs 22 pounds and is just around 28 inches. But he sure is fun!

#10 ·
Sebastian hardly has any words. He talks a lot, I just can't understand it yet!

He has been having a rough time the last week or two. My milk supply has gone down a lot since becoming PG, and he was so not ready for that
I had no idea it would effect him so much. So, he spent several nights crying because he wasn't getting the mama milk he was used to for night nursing. And, on top of it, he is still getting his 4 molars in.. so he's been a bit of a wreck lately.

He's been doing much better the last couple days and nights though, so I hope he has adjusted now. I am trying to night wean him, which goes well some days and not so well other days.

He is really a joy, though, when he's not teething so badly!

#11 ·
DD is in love with the bath too... when I ask if it's bathtime though she inevitably says "NoooOOoooOOoo" but if I then ask her to come with me to go for a bath she runs past me down the hall, head cocked a little to the side, yelling "baf! baf! baf!" So cute. She's also obsessed with washing, brushing her teeth, and sitting on the potty.. but not peeing or pooping on the potty, just sitting on it.

She is 33" tall and 26-27lbs. Yikes. Not a small child by any stretch! But cute, funny, loving and SO bloody smart! I love her
:

#12 ·
Oh Lizzy, I feel for you, we've had a bit of a rough week here too. DD has been sick and my supply is definitely lower than it has been and she's wanted to nurse constantly. It is so heartbreaking when she cries because there's no milk or I can't take her nursing any more. My nipples hurt SO bad. It's not bad after we settle in, but the initial latch is enough to make me grit my teeth pretty hard!

#13 ·
Oh man, that intial latch, eek! i hope it gets better soon for both of you.

Elisabeth gets a funny latch every few months and makes them sore, and I have to make sure she latches on right. It's weird. So she did that, I think, I don't think they're pg-sore. We've all been sick, a junky cough and waking up with goopy eyes. She had a bit of fever. I don't think my supply has dropped, amazingly. We'll see. I can just imagine how she'd fuss if she wasn't getting her milk. She will take a bottle, which is helpful in the eventuality. It's nice when I've been sore and want a break. She says nilk. But only cow's milk is nilk. She says nursing for nunny now. Or nurse. She speaks so clearly it's amazing.

She still weighs 21-22 lbs, hasn't gained any weight since last December, but she's tallish. I should measure her. If I say tub, she yells show-wah! And she's gotte obsessed with flushing the toilet. We'll hear her go in there, swoosh! Two seconds later, swoosh.

I told her the other day to day hi baby, so she was, it was precious. She thinks the baby is in my underwear, and tried to pull on my waistband. I think she'll understand when my tummy is big.

One thing that's lovely is she'll hold a doll/stuffed animal while nursing and will make it nurse. I think it's good practice for tandeming. My MIL asked if I needed to stop nursing for the baby, I'm so glad I'd read my Adventures in Tandeming! Buuut,
had his head on my shoulder on the opposite side from her at bedtime, and oh, she pushed him away so he wasn't anywhere her nunnies! So, it might not be so easy.

Hmm, she's quit saying no to every.single.question. Which was funny, do you want to nurse? No! and diving at me with mouth wide open.

#14 ·
i was just coming to see if anyone else was having trouble with the sleeping.... we night weaned and moved her into her own bed at 11 mo and that has been going well (everyone getting lots more sleep) until the last week or so. she gets up almost every hour screaming, somethimes she settles easily sometimes it takes a long while. we are all exausted and cranky. we thought it was teeth, but it has been lasting for a LONG time. ?

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jldumm View Post
i was just coming to see if anyone else was having trouble with the sleeping.... we night weaned and moved her into her own bed at 11 mo and that has been going well (everyone getting lots more sleep) until the last week or so. she gets up almost every hour screaming, somethimes she settles easily sometimes it takes a long while. we are all exausted and cranky. we thought it was teeth, but it has been lasting for a LONG time. ?
This is exactly what we are encountering. But now the tooth has broken through (another pesky molar), and we still have a warm little cuddlenugget of Quinn in our bed every night. He's not getting up as frequently as you're experiencing, but it's enough to tire me out now that I'm used to the long nights! He's also refusing to go to bed at night even when he's literally nodding off trying to stay awake. I think it's a separation anxiety thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
Has anyone else's LO said their name?
Elisabeth did last night!
:
Over and over and over and over again! I thought the Q would be hard for him, but he's doing okay.

#16 ·
Kade went through an "uh uh" phase for a while. Now he nods or shakes his head. At least he's not saying no to everything now. He can say everyone's name at our house, including the dogs and cat, except his own. I just asked him if he could say it and he scrunched up his nose and shook his head

He loves the bath and brushing his teeth too. He says "bat" and "brush tee" I've been letting him run around naked a bit with the little potty seat nearby, but haven't had any luck. He says "pee pee" now and he comes and complains when he's dirty, so I think he's ready.
I feel for you mamas that are pregnant and nursing. That has to be hard.

#17 ·
Oh man I really feel for you pregnant mamas who are still nursing. OUCH! I can only imagine that initial latch.

Maggie has decided to cut 4 molars at once. She broke her amber teeting necklace a while back. I need to get her another one.

It amazes me how much everyday Maggie learns. She counts up to 5 but I am not sure if she has the concept of counting or if she is just repeating what she heards. It is too cute especially when she gets to two. She will start to giggle she can hardly contain herself.

Here is a picture of our big girl http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...s/100_1313.jpg

#18 ·
No no no! I don't want dd to be 18m already. She suddenly became a "toddler" last week. Running away from me and throwing herself on the ground crying etc. *sigh* I probably have more patience with her than I did ds. I did buy her a leash last week for travel, parking lots etc. With two kids running around I just can't keep track of them both!

Talking....She has not said her name yet despite my coaxing. She said what I *think* was her first two words together a few days ago....she said "baby bee" (reading a book about bees).

Thanksgiving plans..We're spending the next month in sunny Florida. Dh won't get to spend the holiday with us. Kinda sad about that but looking forward to a relaxing vacation with just me and two kids...oh wait did I say relaxing?

Sleeping...she was not sleeping well at all last month so I started taking her to the chiro. She's back to normal now! Yay!

LOVES bathtime.

Is at least 90% potty trained (EC).

Almost 30 inches tall now! She grew, yay! I don't own a scale anymore though.

She knows her colors and shapes already even though I really haven't made any effort to teach her. I felt guilty I didn't spend as much time working with her when she was under 12 m. I guess she's turning out okay though.

New pic in my sig.

#19 ·
Well, I was waiting to post until I had an updated pic, but Akasha will likely be entering kindergarten before this happens

Our biggest news is that we are actually moving this week. I couldn't sleep last night with all the excitement
:
so I get this morning off to be lay and rest. But for the most part it has been a very. busy. week.

I am so glad Akasha is going to be growing up during an Obama era

#21 ·
Not to turn this into a political discussion, but I, for one am THRILLED about how the election turned out
:. I took DD with me to the polls and all the little old folks kept coming up to her and playfully asking, "Did you vote?" And she would chant "O-BAH-ma!" She just picked it up in conversation and wouldn't stop repeating it

Iris is a very verbal kid. Says her name, says our names, the dog's name, and can also name just about every object and person in her immediate surroundings. She just started saying, "I love you huggy" while "nursing" her baby and it just about melts my heart. When we would ask her what her baby's name was, she would always respond with, "Baby." Last week David asked her what her baby's name was and she said, "Iris."

We have not been super-consistent with PL, but she readily asks to use it upon waking in the morning and after her nap.

Congratulations to all the pregnant mamas! I just realized that I keep hearing about celebrities who are pregnant again for the second time, who were also pregnant when I was with DD. We are definitely planning to wait until AT LEAST the summer, possibly longer before we start TTC again. I can't imagine having another one right now!

#22 ·
Forgot that I meant to ask a question about diapers. We are going to travel this winter, and I'm thinking about using cloth. I usually just use sposies for trips, since it's one less thing for me to think about (which is important with 6 people to think about!). However, due to the length of this trip, and the fact that we will have laundry facilities, I am thinking about just bringing along my cloth. So here is my question: if you use sposies, how many do you use per day? I am trying to get an idea of what it will cost me to buy diapers. (Perhaps it shouldn't be, but cost is a factor in this decision.) Thanks.

Jonas has started singing one of our school songs. It is very cute! We all just get such a kick out of him and his sweet personality. I am so happy he is in our family!

#24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
I need to ask my brother and SIL if they'll mind if I do dipes in their washer. If they do,I'll probably get 7th Gen for the week. I have no idea what size Elisabeth is in, tho', 4 or 5?
Kayleigh still fits nicely in a 4, 5s seem WAY bigger, I have a few left from SS. She is 27lbs and 33" tall and fairly skinny. Of course, those are NN diapers, but I think the sizing is fairly universal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.