Sept. 07 Mama's - November! - Page 10 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#271 of 280 Old 11-30-2008, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Plaid, join us anyway you can.

I have a WWYD for everyone. We have had the crib set up this whole time but never used it for Linus. I think the window of use is closed and that we should take it down. It is so big and empty except for laundry and other things I am hiding under blankets. On the other hand taking it down means (to me) he will never really nap independently. Currently he nurses or walks in the stroller or in a carrier. I cannot transition him from me to the bed but I can to the stroller. I know people use them for 3 years or so if possible but I am thinking that if he isn't in it by 15 months he won't ever take to it, YKWIM? So, who has a crib set up, who uses it for the baby, who would take it down, who would leave it alone as is, or other, please explain.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#272 of 280 Old 11-30-2008, 09:20 PM

I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. We had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner, and then one of our kitties passed away very suddenly that evening. It's been very difficult trying to stay cheerful, even when I put up the Christmas tree. Everything reminds me of him and the other three cats are kind of subdued and confused without him, which just makes it worse.

That's the big news of our weekend.

Rachel, mama to Lucy, born 9.9.07, and Caroline, born 2.25.10!
#273 of 280 Old 11-30-2008, 09:24 PM

Oh ishy, I am so sorry. I hate when big bad things occur on holidays, anniversaries, and the like.

#274 of 280 Old 11-30-2008, 09:29 PM

To keep up with the serial posting...

All weekend this thread has bombed my computer out. Not mdc, not firefox, not going on-line, not the toddler forum, not any other thread, just this one. What gives?

#275 of 280 Old 12-01-2008, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
Plaid, join us anyway you can.

I have a WWYD for everyone. We have had the crib set up this whole time but never used it for Linus. I think the window of use is closed and that we should take it down. It is so big and empty except for laundry and other things I am hiding under blankets. On the other hand taking it down means (to me) he will never really nap independently. Currently he nurses or walks in the stroller or in a carrier. I cannot transition him from me to the bed but I can to the stroller. I know people use them for 3 years or so if possible but I am thinking that if he isn't in it by 15 months he won't ever take to it, YKWIM? So, who has a crib set up, who uses it for the baby, who would take it down, who would leave it alone as is, or other, please explain.
I bet if you take it down you'll get pregnant again :

Seriously though, if you don't think he'll transition to it I would probably take it down. I don't have a crib set up currently, but if I did leaving it up without using it would just mean taking up more space.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#276 of 280 Old 12-01-2008, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishyfishie View Post
I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. We had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner, and then one of our kitties passed away very suddenly that evening. It's been very difficult trying to stay cheerful, even when I put up the Christmas tree. Everything reminds me of him and the other three cats are kind of subdued and confused without him, which just makes it worse.

That's the big news of our weekend.
I'm so sorry Ishy

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#277 of 280 Old 12-01-2008, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

I think Liam has gone through a major growth spurt again. The 18-24 month Kate Quinn pants I just bought him that were fitting a little long are now 3 inches too short. He seems a bit heavier as well but I haven't weighed him in a while. He has been Mr. Attitude lately and loves causing trouble, he is now able to reach everything on the kitchen counter so I'm having to be creative about hiding things. His words have exploded also, he is currently saying: Mama, dad, cook, cookie, cracker, hot, apple, banana, good, yum yum, mine, up, look, night night, what's that, and a bunch of others.

We will find out this week exactly when Andrew is set to leave (hopefully). My heart feels broken when I think about him missing out on this birth and meeting this baby, he is so downhearted about it and I know he is feeling really disappointed. I am just keeping my fingers crossed and praying for good news.

#278 of 280 Old 12-01-2008, 05:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yikes! I finally read through everything (at least mostly).

My MIL is still here so computer time has been at a minimum. I did finally set up my own computer again, but getting it tweaked back to how I like it will be hard! It still seems strange and foreign, and I keep realizing just how much I've lost on the old hard drive.

ishy, so sorry about your kitty! I dreamed my cat was back the other night, and was pretty miffed when DH woke me from that dream. I still miss her, and she's been gone for 6 years now. I hope you're able to grieve and still enjoy the holidays.

Erica, congrats! I hope all goes well!!

Katie, keep us posted on what you find out.

Wendi, . Hope things find a "normal" there.

Judah started signing "eat" today at lunch. He's understood it forever, it seems, but hadn't said it. He sat down at lunch at our regular Sunday restaurant and started signing it. I was practically screeching at DH, "look! Look! He's signing it!" It's such a sweet thing, too! More words, more signs... He's growing so fast!

He is NOT, however, sleeping well. We finally have two bottom molars and I'm worried about what else may be coming in now. He's been waking up crying nearly on the hour, it seems. (Due any minute now, I think.) The other day he was fussy ALL. DAY. But the next day was a lot better. Of course having my MIL here doesn't help too much. Stress levels are up and there's a stranger (to him) in the house. But I think he's adjusted better now and is back to being a sweet, happy guy most of the time.

After Thanksgiving he got really awful diaper rash - clearly from whatever's in his stools. Awful. He has what look like two blisters left now, and the rest is healed. But I'm sure he's allergic to something. In those few days he had eggs, dairy, and who knows what else. He tried pickles for the first time, had a banana to bind it all up, etc. DH keeps saying we need to stop ALL solids with him, but that's not really possible right now! He wants to EAT! So I'm not sure what to do, as it's not acute allergies, but he's very much disturbed by SOMETHING.

We're heading to NASA tomorrow and hopefully will enjoy a day out. We've spent two full days doing nothing but sitting around the house with MIL. Sunday we were out most of the day and it was better. But after Friday and Saturday, I had to get out - so we went looking at Christmas lights and broke out the Christmas music. I haven't been to NASA in probably 15 years so it should be fun!

Yep, I'm rambling... tired, and too much going on. Take care, mamas!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#279 of 280 Old 12-01-2008, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJD View Post
I bet if you take it down you'll get pregnant again :

Seriously though, if you don't think he'll transition to it I would probably take it down. I don't have a crib set up currently, but if I did leaving it up without using it would just mean taking up more space.
Katie, you had better duck for cover saying such things!! Now I have to leave it up a bit longer as I am not ready to grow this family again.

Heather, I hope Judah is doing much better today and you enjoy NASA.

to all you lovely Mommas. Enjoy this holiday season. The toddlers are so easily fascinating and fascinated.

#280 of 280 Old 12-01-2008, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

December Thread!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page