Mama to three  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 280 Old 11-06-2008, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Woohoo! Come on baby!

I totally forgot about Target, thanks for bringing that up. I haven't been there since before we moved so this gives me a good excuse to go

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#63 of 280 Old 11-06-2008, 11:42 PM

Chaya is sick

She has a phlegmy cough, and is generally clingy (**!!!!!**)

Wendi - c'MON! let's meet this grandbaby already!!!!! : :

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#64 of 280 Old 11-07-2008, 12:01 AM

Wendi

: : :

We're thinking of your family tonight...hope all goes well :

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#65 of 280 Old 11-07-2008, 12:20 AM

Yay Labor!!!!! I hope things go smoothly and quickly. Many thoughts and prayers.......and hugs and well, you know!!!

: :

A really good friend of mine had a baby girl today.....it's a good day for babies!! Baby was 10lb 8oz and 23" long (papa is 6'5") and is beautiful. Her name is Tirzah Mae.

Falicia: Lilah just had a horrible sinus thing going on. Nothing would come out her nose no matter what I tried...humidifier, steam, vicks, saline, breastmilk. Nothing. I finally called my ped who is as natural about things as I and she told me that I could give her children's Mucinex liquid to clear up and loosen the mucous in her nose. She said even though it says cough on it, it's basically a mucous thinner. If you would be interested, I can go up and get the dosage for you. Lilah is almost 20lbs and she said the dose works up to 26. Within 2 hours, her nose was running and she was sleeping soundly without waking and crying bc she couldn't breathe. I was finally able to lay her down to rest. I usually don't do the OTC stuff but somehting needed to be done. Hugs to miss Chaya.

ok. gtg. Someone found the saltines and has chewed through the wrapper and there is a big mess. I heard something rattle like the container but I thought it was her butterfly and frog that makes the same noise so I paid no attention.

YAY baby!!!!
#66 of 280 Old 11-07-2008, 03:18 AM

commmmmme oooooon baby!::::::

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#67 of 280 Old 11-07-2008, 04:15 AM

checking for news before i turn off for the night. : :

hope things are going well.......and that the lack of hey, no baby yet news means labor was swift and smooth and there is basking and babymooning going on........

#68 of 280 Old 11-07-2008, 05:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Subbing and waiting for baby news! :

It's been a long, hard day. Woke up to DH telling me I had to go pick up DS2, because he found out AFTER he took him to school that he'd thrown up in his bed. : Apparently DS2 threw up, woke up, and called to DH, and never said a thing about it. : So I got up and the power went out. : Grabbed my iPhone to see a text from a one-time-close friend that goes something like, "fell 14 feet, brain swelling, unconscious, critical." drop Thank goodness for the iPhone as I could get to all of my email, to see that her DH, a roofer, had fallen from a ladder (they think it broke?) onto concrete and sustained major injuries. So the rest of the day has been praying, waiting, anxiety, more prayer, updates, etc., on him. They have 4 kids, from a year older than DS1 down to 8 months older than Judah. Her DH is now in a coma, in ICU, with more questions than answers. The latest CT scan came back with no change, which we'll take as good.

Anyway, it's been very draining, and there's a long road ahead, no matter what happens now. I haven't been close to this family in a while, though we are part of the same church, so we see them and have even been in the same small groups. The DH was in our small group for the last few weeks, where her brother and sister-in-law are leaders. So we know all of the family very well. One of my other close friends' DH works with the DH who was injured, and does the same work (inspections and such). I saw a few roofers around (remember we just had a hurricane) and very nearly called out to them to be careful!

Anyway, I've got some work to do and need to get to bed... But wanted to check in and see how Kaija's doing, and share a little. Anyone have recommendations of things I could give to this friend to help her through? I have Rescue Remedy pastilles sitting her on my desk - wonder if those would be helpful? In my alternative-therapy mindset, I thought, "gee, we should take him arnica!" and then realized that in this sort of trauma, perhaps going with the biggest arsenal the hospital has is the best idea. But she may do well to have something to help her cope. Not sure what else I can do...

Okay, I'll stop blabbering now! Thanks for listening.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#69 of 280 Old 11-07-2008, 11:02 AM

We have a baby boy!!! :

His name is Rioux (rue) and he weighed 9lbs. My beautiful daughter pushed for THREE hours! She is amazing and brave and such a wonderful mother.

I am just so thrilled with this perfect little boy.

Pix in the morning after sleep.
Wendi
#70 of 280 Old 11-07-2008, 11:34 AM

: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :

: Welcome baby Rioux :

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#71 of 280 Old 11-07-2008, 12:59 PM

Welcome, baby Rioux! I love the name! :

Rachel, mama to Lucy, born 9.9.07, and Caroline, born 2.25.10!
#72 of 280 Old 11-07-2008, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

:::::

Welcome baby Rioux! Congratulations Kaija and grandma Wendi!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#73 of 280 Old 11-07-2008, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

HeatherB - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and her husband I think the best thing you can do is be there for support and make sure she's getting rest and eating and that her children are being looked after. I hope he is able to make a quick recovery :

#74 of 280 Old 11-07-2008, 02:21 PM

:::
Welcome Baby Rioux!

: Congratulations Kaija and Wendi!!!!

Mama to three  
#75 of 280 Old 11-07-2008, 02:28 PM

Heather - and: for your friend.

I would think taking them meals, offering to watch the kids, etc would be helpful. I would think she wants to spend as much time as possible at the hospital with her husband. anything you can do to help her do that would be appreciated, i would think.

Mama to three  
#76 of 280 Old 11-07-2008, 02:36 PM

Heather

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#77 of 280 Old 11-07-2008, 02:41 PM

Wendi Wow! Congratulations to you and your family. This is so exciting. : : : :

Heather : I hope all turns out ok. Will be thinking about you.

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#78 of 280 Old 11-07-2008, 04:23 PM

congrats wendi! :::: welcome baby rioux!

heather, my prayers are with your friend's family.

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#79 of 280 Old 11-07-2008, 04:25 PM

Hooray!! Congrats, Grandma!! : So glad everything went well!

Thanks for the love. Got a message that his heart looks good and they will take him off the ice and let him warm up today, and see how he responds. As much as I detest much of the routine mediacal care in this country, I am so grateful that we have top notch hospitals at times like this.

Wendi, can't wait for pics! Hope you're all sleepingvand recovering well!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#80 of 280 Old 11-07-2008, 07:05 PM

:::Welcome baby Rioux!!:::

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
#81 of 280 Old 11-08-2008, 01:07 AM

Congratulations!!!!
#82 of 280 Old 11-08-2008, 04:56 AM

Here are some pictures of our sweet little guy. I am so in love

He weighed 9lbs, 21 1/2 inches long and 14 3/4 inch head. :

My little girl rocks birth! I can't believe how powerful she is.

What an experience.

http://tinyurl.com/5emepj

Wendi
#83 of 280 Old 11-08-2008, 05:20 AM

Wonderful pics! Rioux is beautiful! So is Kaija - she's got that new mama glow, yet doesn't look like she's been through a challenging birth! So glad everyone's doing well. Is it strange to have a newborn and not be nursing him? Judah was nursing down while I was looking at pics and it struck me as funny.

Thanks for posting!

(apologies for all of my typos.. I'm typing in my iPhone and don't catch them all. )

#84 of 280 Old 11-08-2008, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Look at all that sweetness! She looks so proud and very accomplished, congratulations again to her! Grandma definitely looks very much in love, he is adorable!

#85 of 280 Old 11-08-2008, 02:14 PM

:::Congratulations Wendi and family!!!!:::

Congratulations Wendi and family!!!!

Rioux is such a beautiful name! He's so beautiful and mama looks fabulous too. So proud and happy.

What a wonderful time for your family!!! :

I wanted to come on yesterday but the site kept timing out.

The Indian Summer has left us here in Ohio. It's cold and dismal out. My best friend is picking me up in a bit and we are gonna go have coffee and head to the grocery. My sister is gonna watch the girls. It's the first time I've left both of them there with her and mom. She's SOOOO PERMISSIVE and common sense sometimes goes out the window but I am hoping that dims a bit now that we are there all the time. I am hoping to gather enough soon to get a place of my own. There are a bunch of places that do short term leases here bc we are near the university. That way I can open back up my daycare and have positive income flow again!!!

Heather: Many prayers and positive thoughts headed you way to you and your friends. I think just being there for her and making sure all is well with her is a great thing to do for her. I am sure she would appreciate any meals too....time to rest etc......

Ok, I need to pick up books that dd1 is refusing to do. She can pull em out but is toooo tired to pick them up. Yet she just pulled out Lilah's rocking duck.
#86 of 280 Old 11-08-2008, 02:59 PM

BTW I am the VERY tired granny in the beige shirt. The one in blue is the dad's mom.

Wendi
#87 of 280 Old 11-08-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
Grabbed my iPhone to see a text from a one-time-close friend that goes something like, "fell 14 feet, brain swelling, unconscious, critical." drop Thank goodness for the iPhone as I could get to all of my email, to see that her DH, a roofer, had fallen from a ladder (they think it broke?) onto concrete and sustained major injuries. So the rest of the day has been praying, waiting, anxiety, more prayer, updates, etc., on him. They have 4 kids, from a year older than DS1 down to 8 months older than Judah. Her DH is now in a coma, in ICU, with more questions than answers. The latest CT scan came back with no change, which we'll take as good.
Heather I just saw this and I am so very sorry. I will be keeping them in my thoughts and prayers. I am sending lots of :
I hope he recovers quickly.

Wendi
#88 of 280 Old 11-08-2008, 04:31 PM

What a beautiful baby and family:

#89 of 280 Old 11-08-2008, 09:41 PM

Wendi -

OMG what a gorgeous family you have. Your new grandbaby is beautiful and your daughter looks amazing after all that work!! What an inspiration!

to you all - : for baby Rioux!! (love, love, love that name!)

:

Mighty-Mama
#90 of 280 Old 11-08-2008, 10:59 PM

Wendi, words fail. : and :

Heather, : for your friends.

:yawning: I am exhausted and have a big plans for tomorrow. I am probably going fall asleep faster than Linus tonight.

Dh had a conference so I went to my moms the last couple of days. That didn't work real well for me but I love them all just the same. I don't want to vent and can't really out it all into words w/o whining right now. So much stress and too much consumtion. They live in a hoity little town and it just overwhelms simple little me.

Wendi, I am so excited for you!!!

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.

User Tag List