If anyone has any extra patience thay could part with... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-20-2003, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...would you please send it my way? I could really use it. :

I love Cole with all my heart, but lately he has been getting on my last nerve. He is going through a very clingy phase and I find those hard to deal with anyway - add to it the normal toddler aggravations and AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! Watch Mama's head explode!

Cole, please stop pulling the books off the shelves. Cole, please stop pushing all the buttons on the TV. Cole, Mommy has to cook dinner now (this said while Cole hangs on my pants leg, crying). Now it's time to (A) pin a shrieking baby down with one hand while I try to change his diaper with the other, or (B) chase him around the house trying futilely to snap it on him. OK, let's go outside - but first, a frustrating ten minutes spent trying to get his socks, shoes and coat on while he cries and struggles to get away. Whew, finally we're outside - Cole, please don't go into the neighbor's yard, put that down, it doesn't belong to us - *crash!* There goes the neighbor's flowerpot. :

Now he's waking up after a 45 min. nap. *sigh sigh sigh sigh* Gotta run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 11-20-2003, 05:09 PM

I just opened the front door and sent some South! It should be at your doorstep any minute now, Jen!

We've given Storytime at the library a break for a while because it is just TOO much effort to get him out the door. That and if we're late for Storytime now, the door is closed with a sign saying to try harder to be on time next week. Now THAT tries my patience!

When dh gets stuck in that vicious "No" cycle, I remind him that diversion works better! I know that you already KNOW this, but when you're tired and frustrated it's easy to lose sight.

That said, isn't it amazing how they know when we're at our lowest, most tired place? And they choose that moment to act their worst!! Hang in there! This phase will pass before you know it.
#3 of 8 Old 11-20-2003, 05:23 PM

Just sending a little They REALLY do know when you are on your last nerve. Last time this happened to me I caught myself saying "Calgon, take me away!" It helped. :LOL
#4 of 8 Old 11-20-2003, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I'm sending you some patience and hopes for a calmer tomorrow. My son and I had a day like this yesterday. By the time I went to bed I was so sad with frustration that I didn't know how I would make it through today. Luckily, my son had a wonderful day today, therefore I did too. I am so thankful; we all need these days to remind us why we do this job. Hope all is well
Noah's mama

#5 of 8 Old 11-20-2003, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by ebethmom
That and if we're late for Storytime now, the door is closed with a sign saying to try harder to be on time next week.
You are kidding! Lighten up, library people!

Thanks for your words of support, mamas. I took a long hot shower when DH got home and I do feel better. I am getting sick too and that doesn't help the situation.

Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day.
#6 of 8 Old 11-20-2003, 10:59 PM

Hey, Jen. Hang in there, girl.
You are so patient and loving with Cole- I think you're a great mama. It can be tough sometimes-I can SO relate! See if Brandon will give you a night out or at least a couple of hours.

((((((Jen))))))

Let's get together soon.

Becca
#7 of 8 Old 11-20-2003, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Becca.
#8 of 8 Old 11-21-2003, 12:02 AM

Whenever we have a day like that where I think I can't do it anymore, we usually have a good day the next day. One day on, one day off. Just keep looking forward to tomorrow.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page