Mothering Forum banner

If anyone has any extra patience thay could part with...

690 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  laurag 
#1 ·
...would you please send it my way? I could really use it.
:

I love Cole with all my heart, but lately he has been getting on my last nerve. He is going through a very clingy phase and I find those hard to deal with anyway - add to it the normal toddler aggravations and AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! Watch Mama's head explode!

Cole, please stop pulling the books off the shelves. Cole, please stop pushing all the buttons on the TV. Cole, Mommy has to cook dinner now (this said while Cole hangs on my pants leg, crying). Now it's time to (A) pin a shrieking baby down with one hand while I try to change his diaper with the other, or (B) chase him around the house trying futilely to snap it on him. OK, let's go outside - but first, a frustrating ten minutes spent trying to get his socks, shoes and coat on while he cries and struggles to get away. Whew, finally we're outside - Cole, please don't go into the neighbor's yard, put that down, it doesn't belong to us - *crash!* There goes the neighbor's flowerpot.
:

Now he's waking up after a 45 min. nap. *sigh sigh sigh sigh* Gotta run.

See less See more
#2 ·
I just opened the front door and sent some South! It should be at your doorstep any minute now, Jen!

We've given Storytime at the library a break for a while because it is just TOO much effort to get him out the door. That and if we're late for Storytime now, the door is closed with a sign saying to try harder to be on time next week. Now THAT tries my patience!

When dh gets stuck in that vicious "No" cycle, I remind him that diversion works better! I know that you already KNOW this, but when you're tired and frustrated it's easy to lose sight.

That said, isn't it amazing how they know when we're at our lowest, most tired place? And they choose that moment to act their worst!! Hang in there! This phase will pass before you know it.

#4 ·

I'm sending you some patience and hopes for a calmer tomorrow. My son and I had a day like this yesterday. By the time I went to bed I was so sad with frustration that I didn't know how I would make it through today. Luckily, my son had a wonderful day today, therefore I did too. I am so thankful; we all need these days to remind us why we do this job. Hope all is well
Noah's mama

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ebethmom
That and if we're late for Storytime now, the door is closed with a sign saying to try harder to be on time next week.
You are kidding!
Lighten up, library people!

Thanks for your words of support, mamas. I took a long hot shower when DH got home and I do feel better. I am getting sick too and that doesn't help the situation.

Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.