We've come out on the other side of a nursing strike! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 11-30-2008, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: My 14 month old did his first nursing strike this past week. One day all was normal, the next day he refused to nurse. He would ask for it, and when I offered, he would look at it, giggle, lay his cheek on my breast. He did this for 3 days. Sometimes, I would initiate the offer and he would say "NO!" He was teething and had a cold, but he still was when he came back to the breast on day 4. We were both a bit miserable while he was refusing me. Our saving grace was that he usually nurses several times during his long daytime nap, and many times at night, and when he was asleep he would forget he was on strike and nurse like normal. Suddenly on day 4 he went back like he'd never been away. SO GLAD to be back! Just wanted to share our experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-01-2008, 01:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay! \o/

We had a few of those and yeah, DD made it all up during the night. Once, she started back up when we were in the bath. Didn't mind the soap either!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page