my mom doesn't believe anyone BFs after age 2 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 65 Old 01-31-2009, 11:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I believe I'm real. I nursed my first DD until she was 3 years and 2 months old when she weaned herself. I nursed her through my entire pregnancy even when my belly measured 45 weeks. She didn't have solids until 10 months when she discovered she liked cucumbers. DD2 is still nursing. She does eat nutritious babyfoods because she is interested in it. She will nurse as long as she wants to.

leosmommy- My mom has seen the 20/20 or Dateline shows that highlight the moms who are breastfeeding 8 year olds. So, I get the whole... you wouldn't do that right? Lovely conversations.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#62 of 65 Old 02-01-2009, 10:39 PM

I just posted this to my facebook too.

I really like this one too. I totally made me cry...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRXFo...eature=related

"Breastfeeding is a robust, biologically stable activity so central to our evolutionary identity that it names the class of animals to which we belong" (Breastfeeding Atlas, Third Edition)
#63 of 65 Old 02-01-2009, 10:46 PM

Sorry your mom isn't supportive. Keep going, mama, you know it's a great thing to nurse your baby until s/he's ready to stop. I'm also a real mom (in Canada even!) and have nursed my babies for 2 yrs, 3 yrs 8 mo, 2 yrs 3 mo, 2 yrs (and going) and also pregnant now. I've tandemed two babies at once, and during three pregnancies.

Carlyn - loving and caring for my family.
Married 13 years, mama to 12 (boy), 8, 6, 4, 1 (girls)
#64 of 65 Old 02-01-2009, 11:21 PM

I'm another mom from Canada who has breastfed past the age of 2! DS was just about 3 when he weaned and DD is 3 years 4 months and still nursing occasionally. Personally, I see the age of 2 as being the minimal amount of time I'd want to breastfeed a child.

Kim - Wife to Liam , Unschooly mama to Nick (10/00) Lily (09/05) and Olivia (07/09)
#65 of 65 Old 02-02-2009, 02:02 AM

I have nursed four past age two (well past) and latest baby is 10 months and going strong.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page