Nursing toddlers and their hilarious expressions/behaviors - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 54 Old 03-14-2009, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been meaning to post these and I have probably already forgotten one or two. I know a lot of us are struggling at times so I thought this thread would lighten the mood a bit.

Things my nursing toddler has said/done that have cracked me up:

1. Nursing on the couch, DD nursed on one side and then wanted the "other side" as she always insists. Well Daddy pulled into the driveway just as she was about to switch. She got down, ran to the door, and greeted Daddy. 5 or 10 minutes pass while they play. We are in the kitchen and she points to my "other" boob from across the room and yells "other side" with pure glee like it had been missing and she found it.

2. DD had fallen asleep and when I unlatched her, she called out while sound asleep "Don't take my milky-way." The thought of my breastfed 2 year old who has never had candy calling for a milky way got me laughing so hard that she woke up and started laughing. We started bedtime nursing all over again...of course, I wasn't laughing so hard then.

3. Open/close the milky -- DD will ask if the milky is open or closed. At first she was referring to my bra and now I think she gets the joke that it means open or closed for business. Or at least she knows it gets a laugh out of me.

Please, share your funny moments!
#2 of 54 Old 03-14-2009, 05:40 PM

My ds is 16 mos old. He will stop in the middle and come up for a kiss, then get back to nursing. We also play keep-away. He'll try to nurse then I pull away and he says, "Aaah!"

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#3 of 54 Old 03-15-2009, 01:12 AM

When my dd was about 18 months, she snuggled up as usual for bedtime nursing, then paused, looked up at me with delight in her eyes and said "Niiiiiice!"
#4 of 54 Old 03-15-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimik View Post
When my dd was about 18 months, she snuggled up as usual for bedtime nursing, then paused, looked up at me with delight in her eyes and said "Niiiiiice!"

Awww!!!

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#5 of 54 Old 03-15-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthatgirl View Post
We also play keep-away. He'll try to nurse then I pull away and he says, "Aaah!"
I do this with my son too. And he laughs with sheer delight. He is figuring out how to lift my shirt up. Too funny.

intactivist.gifwinner.jpg fambedsingle2.gif  learning.gif homeschool.gif buddamomimg1.png gd.gif delayedvax.gif selectivevax.gif  supermod.gif (Yeah right)

angel3.gif loss 2/28/03           photosmile2.gif  ds 1/5/08             asl.gif dd 2/8/10

When we know better, we do better. ~Maya Angelou 

#6 of 54 Old 03-15-2009, 08:53 PM

1.Sometimes when my ds is nursing, especially when he is sleepy, he'll take his hand and put it on my face and say "Mmmm" and then put his hand on his face and does the same. It's his way of asking me for affection.

2. Sometimes DS will play peek a boo while nursing. Usually he'll use my shirt, but sometimes he just looks away and then looks up at me. Then he giggles while still latched on.

3. He also tries talking to me with grunts and hums while nursing.
#7 of 54 Old 03-16-2009, 12:37 AM

My 19 mo DS loves to smush his face into my breast and blow raspberries while he's nursing. It's totally cute and funny...unless we're nursing in public!

He also gets really excited and will do the sign for nurse with both hands while smiling, stomping his feet and singing "nurse, nurse, nurse-nurse-nurse!"
#8 of 54 Old 03-16-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momasana View Post
My 19 mo DS loves to smush his face into my breast and blow raspberries while he's nursing. It's totally cute and funny...unless we're nursing in public!

:

#9 of 54 Old 03-16-2009, 06:59 PM

Hahaha.

Sometimes when DS finishes he will frantically try to put the milky "way! way!" Meaning away, he wants to hook the bra back up. He actually gets quite agitated if it's not put away fast enough.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#10 of 54 Old 03-16-2009, 07:31 PM

DD is just over three. I have begun to ask her why she wants milk when she asks me for it. The usual answer is "just because I like it" with a look on her face, like......why else you fool?!
#11 of 54 Old 03-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Banned

When DD is particularly content at the breast she says "Golly, golly, goll" , still with the nipple firmly in her mouth.
#12 of 54 Old 03-16-2009, 11:26 PM

Two recent gems from my 3 year old:

"You have really nice boobies, Mom."

and

"I love you AND I love your boobies!"

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09
#13 of 54 Old 03-17-2009, 12:43 AM

Yesterday dd (2.75yo) asked to nurse about 15 minutes after finishing her previous nursing. Early pg plus her nursing is equaling heightened nausea these days (and my baseline nausea is bad enough!), so I said, "Didn't you just nurse a little while ago?"

She said, "Well, I didn't nurse a *lot*..."

Lisa , mom to Isaac (9/1/03), Violet (6/19/06), Simon (10/9/09); wife to Eric ; handservant to Grace :
#14 of 54 Old 03-17-2009, 08:51 AM

My 24mo is learning to count and apply it to everyday things. She informed me very seriously that there is one mama and two num-nums. She's also been sharing a lot with DH and I, and when she nurses she "offers" me some num-nums.

Mama to Paisley (3/07) & Violet (12/10) and wife to my Piggy-love. 
#15 of 54 Old 03-17-2009, 10:51 AM

When we nurse, sometimes I smush my boob into his face and say, "Milky." He thinks it's so funny, and I get a kick out of watching him try to hold his latch while smiling and laughing.
#16 of 54 Old 03-17-2009, 10:54 AM

Just last night my 3 year old son was nursing on the left side and said "I want the other side, this one is too warm, the other one is colder". Then he flipped over my belly and started nursing on the other side.
#17 of 54 Old 03-18-2009, 09:08 PM

I was nursing DS before bed, and my DH was also in bed with us for a nice cuddle. Well, DH's hand was on DS, and DS (who is a twiddler) took DH's hand and slid it right onto my other breast! I think he was sharing!
#18 of 54 Old 03-18-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking burp cloth View Post
I was nursing DS before bed, and my DH was also in bed with us for a nice cuddle. Well, DH's hand was on DS, and DS (who is a twiddler) took DH's hand and slid it right onto my other breast! I think he was sharing!
:

My 18 mo ds makes me cover up when he's finished. He gets so mad if I don't do it fast enough!

Wife to Doug, mom to Hank and Logan !!!
#19 of 54 Old 03-18-2009, 09:53 PM

asks to nurse. I said I needed to stay in my seat for a little while. Daddy says, "I'll nurse you" She states; " your boobs are little and hairy. But Mama's boobs are BIG and NOT HAIRY!"
#20 of 54 Old 03-19-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking burp cloth View Post
: : My dh would be ROLLING w/ laughter!!!!!

#21 of 54 Old 03-19-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffmommy View Post
asks to nurse. I said I needed to stay in my seat for a little while. Daddy says, "I'll nurse you" She states; " your boobs are little and hairy. But Mama's boobs are BIG and NOT HAIRY!"
Oh, these stories are killing me!!! :

#22 of 54 Old 03-19-2009, 12:47 AM

this thread is cracking me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffmommy View Post
lmaooooo

my dd said something similar when she was a little nursling-we nearly peed our pants! to this day she will see my dh with his shirt off and grin and tell him he has funny hairy mi mis

my 14 mo old ds is the anti-sharer with his "mi-mi"-lmao, he will slap my dh's hand off of me and give him the most shocked and appalled look if he goes near my boob, lmao!

he likes to blow rasberries, too and he loves to pop off, and push my nipple into itself-it delights him, lol. he will push it in, sigh and smile up and me and say "MIIIII mi!"

my favorite cute nursing thing he does lately is he makes the most hilarious little faces winking, and raising and lowering his eyebrows, and looking at me squinty eyed-he knows it cracks me up, and he smiles while he nurses and does it

Erin, 33, salty southern mama, sitting by the sea with my DH35, DD10, DS4, &DD2!
#23 of 54 Old 03-19-2009, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Ahahahahaha!!!! DD gives DH the most puzzled look when he offers "daddy milky" -- she has yet to come back with a verbal response on that offer.

Quote:
my favorite cute nursing thing he does lately is he makes the most hilarious little faces winking, and raising and lowering his eyebrows, and looking at me squinty eyed-he knows it cracks me up, and he smiles while he nurses and does it
I love this! My DD does the same thing and it's as if she's having a conversation with me but her milk is way to precious to unlatch and actually say what's she's the thinking. This experience is one of the reasons I find nursing a toddler so wonderful -- it's hard to really describe but I cannot imagine having the type of connection I feel during these silent conversations at any other time. Completely sacred moments...okay, I'm getting teary.
#24 of 54 Old 03-19-2009, 10:43 AM

Haha, my husband has offered to nurse my son as well. Now it's a game where my husband will offer, my son will act like he's going to, and then my husband sort of freaks out (he's not big on people touching his nipples HA). My son thinks it is hilarious.
My son has just started saying "nurse" and I find it SO CUTE. He looks me directly in the eyes and says it in the most sincere way.
If I'm wearing a bra, my son loves to pull it back and have it snap on my skin. He cracks up and luckily doesn't pull back far enough for it to hurt.
I have quite a few moles and lately while my son is BFing, he'll pop his head up, point to a mole, and say "nipple!"
#25 of 54 Old 03-20-2009, 06:34 PM

This morning dd was playing and out of the blue announced, "When I grow up, I'm going to have biiiig, biiiiig milk boobs like mama!"
#26 of 54 Old 03-20-2009, 09:07 PM

I'm loving all these posts, such adorable stories!

DD is 28 months now and nursing a lot, she has so many little nursing habits now that make me fall in love with her all over again each time!

A week or so ago she lay down in our bed for her bedtime feed and she was waay down the bed, beside my belly and couldn't reach my breasts, she thought this was hilarious. Every night now at bedtime, she will scoot down the bed, pat my belly and laugh "ah I'm too far down for milkies mama" and then scoot up real fast to latch on!

She also closes my top over each side when she is finished, even in her sleep! If she doesn't remember to cover me up and I don't do it, she'll say "put it away mama"

And yet more bedtime traditions, she doesn't say "goodnight" to us, she latches on and then waves at us and laughs while feeding, it's very sweet!

So much more, but I must go and join her in bed now

lady.gifLittlepixie Nov'06 & jog.gif our little monkey Jan'11

#27 of 54 Old 03-20-2009, 09:16 PM

DD has been seriously into pretending.

--She pretends my nipple is a soap dispenser, and will press her palm onto it and say, "I putting soap on my hands. Now I washing my hands with the nursies soap," all with a sly grin.

--She pretends my nipple is a nose, and yells, "Mommy! Nursie has nose but no eyes! Poor nursie...she lost her eyes."

--She pretends my breast is a steering wheel, and will twist it back and forth while saying, "I'm driving nursie to Grandma's house! Whee! Not so fast, nursie!"

Luckily, we haven't been nip very much anymore...or I might get some really weird looks!

Mommy to DD 5-07
#28 of 54 Old 03-21-2009, 01:58 AM

We got a fun library book called "Snow is my Favorite and my Best" (Lauren Child), and after a nap and wake-up-nurse we were cuddling and I told DD that she was my favorite and my best. I asked, "what is your favorite and best?" She thought for a second and then with a big smile, "milk."
#29 of 54 Old 03-21-2009, 12:03 PM

He stops nursing, fiddles, and then asks me "this?" I've replied "breast" and he tries, usually "bess".

Somewhere close to 12 months, it seemed, he'd learned how to clap his hands, and knew that we clapped our hands for things we liked. So he stopped nursing, looked at me, and applauded my milk.

Unitarian Universalist Pagan
#30 of 54 Old 03-22-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcstar View Post
He stops nursing, fiddles, and then asks me "this?" I've replied "breast" and he tries, usually "bess".

Somewhere close to 12 months, it seemed, he'd learned how to clap his hands, and knew that we clapped our hands for things we liked. So he stopped nursing, looked at me, and applauded my milk.
ROFLOL!!! That is precious!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page