Does dropping am naps = dropping one nursing session? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-28-2009, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD just dropped her am nap and I was
wondering if other moms still nursed their toddlers at 9am or whenever they did before the am nap? In other words, now that I'm not nursing her down for her am nap, do I still offer to nurse at 9am-ish and then continue on with activities?

Partner to my Dotu and Mama to my Joy DD 10/5/2008
#2 of 6 Old 10-30-2009, 03:24 PM

It did for us, though not immediately. For a week or so DD still wanted an AM nursing, but then she started eating more solids at breakfast and gave it up.

NICOLE | Natural livin', co-sleepin', mostly vegan, work at home mama to N (7) and L (2)
#3 of 6 Old 10-30-2009, 03:50 PM

My 15 month old still nurses in the am, a few times!!!! And she has gone down to one nap a day!

Mom to Ds1 (8 1/2) Ds2 (6) Dd (2 1/2)!!!!
#4 of 6 Old 10-30-2009, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
DS never really had "regular nursing times" until he was down to 3 nursings a day (around age 3.5 years.) We nursed when he asked to nurse, had snacks whenever I was hungry or when he thought to ask for food (typically, we'd snack when I was hungry and he'd ask to nurse if he was hungry when I wasn't.) I don't think he nursed any less when he gave up naps- we had quiet snuggle nursing time that led to him napping, and then we had quiet snuggle nursing time that led to him hopping off my lap to go play. He gave up all naps around age 2, and didn't wean until he was 4.

Even when he started preschool (at 2.5) he didn't nurse AT preschool, but he nursed just as much as ever on the days he didn't have school.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12
#5 of 6 Old 10-30-2009, 06:34 PM

DD dropped her nap without dropping the nursing. I knew she was ready to drop her nap because she would nurse, but then get down to go play instead of snuggle in and try to go to sleep. At 26 months, she still nurses mid-morning.

Happy wife to DH superhero.gifand mama to DS signcirc1.gif11/05 and DD energy.gif8/07.
#6 of 6 Old 10-31-2009, 03:14 PM

DD still nurses in the am, yes. She eats breakfast, plays a bit, and then nurses around 930 or 10 am, which is when she used to take her am nap.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page