"You got some milk in there for me?" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-30-2009, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A couple nights ago, my nearly four year old DS got into bed with me and I woke up to him poking my boob. "Mommy...mommy...you got some milk in there for me?" I said no, they're empty...he stopped BFing when he turned three, January of this year, so there's nothing left. He said, "Okay...I snuggle with you?" and of course I said yes.

Anyone else have their little one ask to nurse after having not do so for a long time? I was curious what prompted it...he hasn't been stressed or sick, or anything else like that. Maybe he just missed the snuggly part of it.

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#2 of 4 Old 12-30-2009, 04:15 PM

My DD has asked several times, and I've even let her "try"... the funny thing is that she has TOTALLY forgotten how, so it takes her 2 seconds and then her curiosity is satisfied.

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#3 of 4 Old 12-30-2009, 05:28 PM

Yes, my DS is still obsessed with my "Ninis" when he was 2 3/4 He even tried to latch-on to the side of a friend's boob while she was nursing her little baby I night weaned him when he was 2 (he was still waking up 3x a night) and he naturally day weaned shortly thereafter.

One son , 3 years old. One husband, nine years of love. Expecting A Girl Feb 25, 2010
#4 of 4 Old 01-02-2010, 01:04 PM

DD is 4 and she has asked in the past. We had a discussion about her milkies and she has started to talk about "sharing" her milkies with a new baby(even though we arent expecting), and that she is too big now-the "milkies were just for her to help grow big, now im a big girl" she says and thats why she doesnt get her "milkies" any more.
She has been weaned for about a year and a half now.
She just wants to know how they come back now. So we talk about what happens when mommys have babies and thats when their milk comes back.

Mom to Bouncy Breastfed fly-by-nursing1.gifDD energy.gifLoving Woman to DH, RIP DS Born at 22 weeks  ribbonpb.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page