detox while breastfeeding-x posted in health - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-06-2010, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was thinking about going to get an Ionic Sole Detox Body Cleanse from a spa (to use up my gift certificate!) but then I got to thinking, is this safe while breastfeeding? My lo is 13 months and still nurses lots. From their website:

Quote:
Ionic Sole (foot) Detox Bath ~ Body Cleanse
Take the sole challenge: Introducing ionization technology for health and beauty. Discover a new way to vibrant health! Our Mineral Sole (foot) baths in copper tubs cleanse and detoxify the entire body and soak cares away. More than just a foot bath, this treatment pulls out and neutralizes toxins from within your body creating clearer healthier skin and optimum overall health. You will be amazed at what you see in your water! Beauty from the inside out, not just skin deep!
Any thoughts?

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#2 of 8 Old 05-15-2011, 12:24 PM

Did you ever find info on this or do this? I am in the same situation and can't find any info on it. The spa's website doesn't recommend it for breastfeeding moms but the receptionist said it was so mild that only affect is that pulls some vitamins and minerals from body and should take an extra multivitamin.

#3 of 8 Old 05-15-2011, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

I didn't but I ended up doing it. It wasn't a big deal and frankly, I don't think it really did anything. You have to go over the course of MANY treatments in order to really detox at all. Just seemed like a foot soak to me!

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#4 of 8 Old 05-16-2011, 06:08 AM

For anybody wanting to detox while breastfeeding or pregnant, the only one I would recommend is the Liver Cleanse by Andreas Mortiz.  You can pick up his book very inexpensive at Amazon or any retailer and he also has some super helpful FAQs.  http://www.ener-chi.com/pdf%20files/health_faq.pdf

You should only do it while pregnant if you have done it before getting pregnant, and your body is used to it.  I did it while breastfeeding, and will do it again while still breastfeeding.  Our little One passed a few tiny liver stones, most likely only due to the increased intake of the malic acid.  This is the best ever detox, and it`s awesome that it is gentle enough to do.  It`s not the easiest to do because you do have to really restrict your diet, and whatnot, but I had absolutely fantastic results.

Hope this helps.

#5 of 8 Old 05-20-2011, 11:51 AM

What makes this cleanse safe while breastfeeding?

#6 of 8 Old 05-21-2011, 05:51 PM

See above referenced link (where the question is already answered) and get "The Liver and Gallbladder Miracle Cleanse: An All-Natural, At-Home Flush to Purify and Rejuvenate Your Body"  from your local library or purchase it if they do not carry it.

#7 of 8 Old 05-22-2011, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

I"m not sure I'd want to do a cleanse that would cause my little one to pass stones! Nope, think I'll wait till I'm done nursing.

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#8 of 8 Old 05-23-2011, 08:28 AM

I didn't see anything in the FAQ about safety while breastfeeding.  I searched "breastfeeding", "nursing", and "breast".

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page