Is your toddler "too old" to nurse when? (Funny post!) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 65 Old 05-20-2010, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lol moon.mom! that is so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

my DD started getting REALLY excited to nurse starting around 13 months. I guess because I asked her instead of just sitting down in our chair with her. She would squeal and run at me.

now she's 20 months old and is so verbal!!! She's been leaving purplish teeth marks on the tops of my areola. Now she lifts my shirt up and says "milk? no boo boos peeease!" as she pets my boob and smiles at it. As soon as she latches on she looks up at me. If I break her latch to try again she covers her eyes with her hands and says "uh oh boo boos." like she's ashamed. If I smile at her and tell her that she's nursing like a big girl she nods vigorously still latched on.

I don't have breasts. I don't have boobs or jugs or tata's. I have milks. And so does every other woman we know or see. She gets really excited and screams "MILKS!" and points at their chest.

~Courtney~
IBCLC to be & newly single mama to Ariana Raen 8/31/08
#62 of 65 Old 05-20-2010, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
DS 18 mos. in the last couple days has added the 2nd b to 'boo' so yes I now have "BOOB"

Daddy has not heard this development. I am happy!

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#63 of 65 Old 05-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Banned

One of DD's favorite things to do while nursing was to sign the entire alphabet. I would geet so frustrated sometimes when she was supposed to be going to sleep and she'd be doing that (with her hand in the air, she needs to cuddle to actually go down)!
#64 of 65 Old 05-24-2010, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My baby just did the CUTEST thing last night...(18 months)

laid down to nurse for bedtime, touched me and said "boo, boo, boo!" while laughing! Like he was *so happy* to see them....long lost pals or something

(we *have* been pretty busy outside lately, and he's been nursing a lot less I think the milkies are disappearing)

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#65 of 65 Old 05-24-2010, 12:46 PM

at ds's confirmation yesterday dd shouted "miiiiiks" (milk), i gave it to her, she nursed for a second, saw a little girl watching her, popped off and said "nice" smiled and finished her feed lol

my boobs are eeeevil.................eeevil i tells ya....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page