Need advice from BTDT Triandem Nursers (nursing three) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-07-2010, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm currently 27w pg and tandem nursing with no plans to wean. I'm having trouble finding support and information about triandem nursing and am hoping for some here. For those who have btdt, do you have any resources for support or have any to give? I welcome advice from those nursing triplets, of course. But, since mine are multi-age nurslings, I'm most interested in the stories, experiences, and advice from those with multi-age nurslings. TIA

Zoie, granola mum to three boys on earth, one girl who soars  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 01:57 AM

I read a great book called the the Adventures in Tandem Nursing, It was great on the info and had personal stories if I remember right. (It's been awhile since I read it)

I rented it from my local LLL but you may be able to find it at the library.

Way to go tandeming threw a pregnancy!

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

Old 04-09-2010, 10:38 PM

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Old 04-09-2010, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I tandem nursed DS and DD1 through my pregnancy with DD2, then triandem nursed until DS self-weaned at about 4.5 years. I don't really have any advice to give, adding the baby in just meshed really well with my other nurslings (though she obviously nursed a ton more!) and wasn't really an issue at all. DS didn't have any problems whatsoever, he had already been sharing with a younger sibling for a while. DD1 had a few times where she wanted to nurse every time she saw DD2 nursing, but it wasn't a big deal.

AF did stay away a bit longer that time, which was nice! 8 months after DS, 5 months after DD1 and then 12 months after DD2.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

Old 04-11-2010, 02:55 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for the replies. I love that book, too. It got me through the tandem nursing changes. It's so nice to hear about how you each managed the different nursling characters as I'm very curious what will happen with three and managing the patience level with ds2, which is an issue much more than ds1. I know a few tandem nursers as well, but haven't met any tri-andemers in person. I'm going through an issue with ds2 right now whose nose is so stuffed up he's on his first ever nursing strike and I have to admit while I am satisfied with our nursing relationship, it is nice having a little break. Ds1 is a much more gentle nurser than ds2 and my breasts are pretty sore right now. The fun thing is both dcs have felt ds3 kick them while they've been nursing. So, he's already participating

Zoie, granola mum to three boys on earth, one girl who soars  
Old 04-14-2010, 02:22 PM

I nursed my three for a few months after ds3 was born. By that time, ds1 was down to one before bedtime nursing only, and he knew that we would be ending when he turned 5. With my younger two, baby got first dibs and then ds2 was able to nurse. On occasion, when they really needed it, I would nurse the youngest two at the same time, but I've never really liked doing that.

The only way I have personally managed to tri-andem nurse was to have some limits and nursing ettiquette rules. It has worked out pretty well, because my younger ones have learned the rules from watching the older ones. I will end a nursing session with an older one with a 10-count. The first time I did this with my youngest (once he was a toddler), it was at night and I really needed to get up to go to the bathroom. He was half asleep, and I counted to 10 in desperation... and was shocked when he unlatched himself, rolled over, and fell back to sleep!

I did nightwean ds2 before ds3 was born. I did not nightwean ds1 before ds2 was born. It hadn't seemed necessary since most nights he slept through on his own... until his baby brother was born, that is.

I am hoping to be nursing three again when new baby arrives in October. I wouldn't mind if ds2 weaned himself before then, but that is very unlikely. I am kind of worried ds3 will wean, though, and I'm definitely not ready for that. That's another post, though.

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
Old 04-17-2010, 09:46 AM

Wow! This is an inspiration! I want to have another baby, but I was afraid of DD not weaning, and DS is nowhere near weaning either!

User Tag List