15 month old wants to nurse ALL.THE.TIME - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-24-2010, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 15 month old wants to nurse all the time, I generally let him nurse on demand still but he nurses for like 3 minutes pops off, goes and plays for 5-10 minutes, comes back wants to nurse and repeats this cycle for HOURS. I take him to work with me so he can't keep this up, I offer him water and snacks instead but he just fusses and cries and throws tantrums and gets under my desk and pushes me in my chair until he gets what he wants. Like I said I don't mind nursing him but he needs to nurse and eat or he can have a sip of water and go play, but how do I get him to understand this? Anyone know what to do? Thanks!
#2 of 3 Old 05-24-2010, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hey Pogo ... I think you were in my DDC?
My 15 month old is also nursing all the time. Over in the Toddlers forum, our DDC is discussing this issue, and it would seem that it's quite typical (at least amongst our DDC) that this is normal.
It's driving me crazy, personally.
We were down to about five times a day, and then went on a trip to Costa Rica, where DD nursed about 40 times a day, which I thought was solely due to being an a strange environment and being more thirsty due to the heat, but we're home now and she's still nursing all the time.
I have no advice, but will be watching this thread to see if any wise mamas pipe up.
Come on over to the Feb 09 DDC!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#3 of 3 Old 05-24-2010, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Starling, yep I was in your DDC, I try to keep track still in the toddlers forum but you guys are so active I get pages behind so quick and never have time to catch up I do try to read it every once in a while though. When we are at home he doesn't nurse this much. Just at work, maybe its because I am sitting at work and at home we are always doing something? I don't know but im glad im not alone in this. I started to feel the need to night wean him and then he started sleeping better we went from 12 - 18 wakings a night to 1 - 2 a night so now if I can just get past this I will be great!

Im heading over to the DDC in toddlers now to read some more...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page