Did you have milk till the end? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-10-2010, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope this is the right forum, I debated between this and child led weaning so please move if needed.

I was wondering if all of you who nursed till childhood (without being pg or having younger nurslings) had milk at the end still?

I had a MW tell me breastfeeding is when you have milk and nursing is when you no longer do. She could take a trip for 2 wks and when she came home the child could pick up where she left off cause she was "dry" anyways.

I found this interesting. I have a 2yo nursling and still have lots of milk but was just curious if this was the case for anyone else.

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

#2 of 6 Old 07-10-2010, 03:30 PM

Subbing... 2.5 year old is nursing lots less for the past few days, has even refused offers. Milk is plentiful, regardless.

Mom of one child (2008), wife of one husband, tender of dogs, cats and chickens. Household interests: ocean life (kid), bitcoins (husband), simplifying (me).

#3 of 6 Old 07-11-2010, 05:35 PM

DS turned 4 this week, still have plenty of milk; (TMI -nip stim results in odd squirt).
Have just reduced him to one nursing/day from two. Still not sure whether this is the right thing to do.
#4 of 6 Old 07-11-2010, 07:07 PM

I mommy-led weaned my girl at 4 yo, including 3-4 days of business travel. Milk until well after the end! Like a year later.

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
#5 of 6 Old 07-12-2010, 03:08 AM

I still nurse my lo. 2.5 on demand and I don't think I have much milk at all. Wish I had more for her
#6 of 6 Old 07-12-2010, 06:00 PM

DD is 3 in a couple of weeks, nurses 2x a day and I think my milk is mostly gone. She says it is gone sometimes, asks to switch sides repeatedly and it is getting uncomfortable. She and I have talked, and she has decided that on her birthday she will be done.

Happy wife to DH superhero.gifand mama to DS signcirc1.gif11/05 and DD energy.gif8/07.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page