Weaned toddler and sudden irregular period? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-28-2010, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all, I weaned my 21 month old 2 months ago, and since then, I have had a ton of spotting and really weird periods. The odd thing is that my cycle returned when she was 3 months old and was pretty regular. Is this caused be weaning? What could it be? Has this happened to anyone else? I also got some PPD after I weaned...

FYI, I am a total hypochondriac so I keep jumping to the worst conclusions- that something must be terribly wrong with me. I am away from home (I live in Denmark) for the next few months because my hubby is deployed, so going to the doctor and getting a bunch of tests would cost a lot of $$$ since I am in the states (visiting family) so I am hoping I can keep my anxiety in check by support from here.

The deployment was also the reason for weaning- I would have loved to go longer but my daughter is soooo high need and nursed all night long, so without my hubby's help, I would have fallen apart from exhaustion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2010, 10:44 AM

I am wondering the same thing. My son has cut down to 2 or 3 nursing sessions a day and I am wanting to nurse less and less (especially when I am pmsing- it just bugs me). He has been nursing a lot less and my periods have been completely out of wack when they were very regular for some time. My son is nearly 2.5. I'm currently searching through the forum looking for support for weaning and some good info- worried I'll mess him psychologically or something. Please private message me if you want to chat and have any advice for me for the weaning. {{hugs}} for you while your dh is away.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:49 AM

My DD is the same age and I weaned her a couple of weeks ago. My last 2 cycles were 21-ish days. Weird. I'm hoping it's just from weaning. We are TTC#3 and it's frustrating.

DS (6.06), DD (10.08), DD (05.11).

User Tag List