anything i can do? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 08-23-2010, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well, i felt we were well on our way to a nursing goal of 2 years, or later. Nursing my little guy has not been easy. he has many medical issues, and i have spent months pumping and thickening my milk, to feed him a bottle, using donor milk, seeing lactation speciastist that work with special needs babies to get him on the breast. We battled many hospitalizations, surgery, and other unpleasant things. But we made it! i would put my son on the breast a few times a day, after pumping, so he wouldnt forget. I let him nurse all night long sometimes, because i felt like i needed to. I really wanted us to have a strong nursing relationship.
Well, a week and a half ago, we were in a "minor" car accident. The day after the accident, i was admitted to the hosptial, where I had many tests, and lots of meds. I couldnt nurse him. I had radioactive tests, and was told not to nurse for 2 days. Then i had surgery, so more heavy pain meds. I was in the hospital 6 days. I had tried nursing him in the hospital a couple times, while in horrible pain. it didnt work. When i got home, i was sittting on the couch and he walked up to me and signed milk. So hubby picked him up and put him on my lap, and he latched on, sucked a couple times, then got down. And since i got home from the hospital on thursday, this is how it is to nurse him. I am so utterly heartbroken. we were doing so well, overcame so much, and now, because some idiot hit me, my son doesnt want to nurse anymore.
I can still easily express milk. I am also starting to take more milk plus again, just in case. I am not taking my pain killers, except at night, so he wont get much of the drugs. I just HAVE to take them at night, or i am in too much pain to sleep.
So, is this it?? is my son really going to stop nursing? He is 15 months old, so 9 months away from goal. Is there any help for us??

Melissa- homeschooling mom to Samantha ( 9) Gabby ( 8) Emma (6) and Diesel (12 months) and Rachel Rebecca Brock Erik Joe Noah 6-25-10 5 early miscarriages

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page