Weaning due to medical necessity (plus I'm ready to be done) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-09-2010, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is there anything I can do or any supplements I can take to reduce my milk supply? I'm very careful not to massage my breasts or stimulate my nipples but after almost two full weeks they are both very full and heavy and uncomfortable.

I'm finally getting over some severe bronchitis (borderline pneumonia) that I've been battling for a month. In the beginning, I was just on cough syrup with codeine at night and a cough suppressant during the day, so I let my 2 1/2 year old nurse first thing in the morning only. Then the bronchitis got worse, and I was on augmentin for ten days and oral prednisone for five days in addition to the other two medications (and I still have an inhaler in case I need it). He has not nursed at all in almost two weeks. I still have milk, but I'm ready to be done nursing. I've been nursing one (or two) since April of 2006, so it's not something I'm taking lightly.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Married 6/16/01 ~ WOHM to DS1 4/29/06 and DS2 2/13/08 ~  ALMOST an RVT ~ dog2.gif dog2.gif goldfish.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2010, 02:36 PM

Cabbage leaves?

Insert one in each bra cup and wear until they're warm - then switch out for cool ones again.

dog2.gifcrochetsmilie.gif Lovin' my sweetheart, pregnant with #1 (EDD Feb.2013) stork-suprise.gif

Old 09-09-2010, 02:46 PM

Old 09-09-2010, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I've got lemon balm, oregano, and mint in the herb garden, but I'll stop at the store tonight for cabbage and sage.

Married 6/16/01 ~ WOHM to DS1 4/29/06 and DS2 2/13/08 ~  ALMOST an RVT ~ dog2.gif dog2.gif goldfish.gif

User Tag List