Finally!! Is this some sort of record? ;-) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-22-2010, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I finally got my first PPAf, 25 months later!!! I'm still nursing my 25 month old and she's always been a very enthusiastic/frequent nurser, nursing almost every hour when we're home. My husband and I are excited because we've been wanting to TTC, and now it appears my fertility has returned (hopefully). My question is this...for those of you who were extended nursing, and got your AF back a little later than normal, did your cycles return fairly normal and regular, or did it take a few months to regulate? I'm just hoping we can get pregnant maybe this cycle, *fingers crossed*!! Thanks :-)

Blissfully happy and devoted wife to my best friend and anamored by my sweet baby girls, DD1 (8/8/08) and DD2 (06-17-11). Proud attached, tandem breastfeeding, baby-wearing, blw mama.

#2 of 6 Old 09-22-2010, 11:52 AM

Mine returned at 27 months, and the cycle was very short, at 21 days, with bleeding for 10 days. The cycle is gradually getting longer (24 days, after 8 months), and the bleeding days are fewer (5-6 days now). I believe I am ovulating (no temp charting, but I do have tons of EWCM) but have a short LP.

I am also older (40), and think I might have slight thyroid problems. I did have short LPs before DS, and I took progesterone early in my pregnancy with him. I add these details to demonstrate how my PP cycles might be affected by things not related to the fact that it took over 2 years for the cycle to return. DS nurses 2 times a day and was nursing about 3 times a day when my cycles returned 8 months ago.

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#3 of 6 Old 09-22-2010, 02:58 PM

I got mine back at 24 (almost to the day) months PP. So far I've had two cycles and while they were extremely heavy (but not painful), the length of the cycle was pretty regular for me (31 days). While I was a little happy for my fertility to return, I'm not in a huge rush to conceive and wouldn't mind if it had held off just a little longer I forgot what a PITA a period can be . . .
#4 of 6 Old 09-23-2010, 05:08 PM

I'm still waiting for mine but I'm already getting the bug so I'm a little jealous.

But congratulations and good luck!
#5 of 6 Old 09-24-2010, 12:30 PM

Oh man I am glad to see this thread. I am 13mos PP, and no sight of AF. I'll be getting some blood work done next week to check my thyroid levels (AF returned at 11mos, 10mos and 10mos with my first 3!). DH has been snipped, so I was starting to get worried!!!

Mom to : DS1 (11), DS2 (8), DD3 (4), : DS4 (1), and : : :
#6 of 6 Old 09-24-2010, 12:47 PM

dp

Mom to : DS1 (11), DS2 (8), DD3 (4), : DS4 (1), and : : :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page