12 month old nursing almost exclusively, doc threatening FTT - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So.

Help.

My daughter turned 12 months old on September 25. She does not really eat solid foods. She takes many tastes but never enough that I could even remotely call it a meal. She just nurses from the breast. Day and night. She poops every day, sometimes more than once and pees. I always thought she was getting enough.

At 10 months old, I had her tested for anemia. She was indeed anemic (8.9 hemo). After 2 months on Floravital, her hemo is 12.5. So no anemia anymore.

At her 10 month appointment, doc was satisfied with her growth. SHe's always been small, a peanut and gained slowly. But she was following her own curve and her head size and height were growing well too.

Yesterday, she had her 12 month visit. She only gained like 3-4 ounces since 10 months. Now, from 10 months on she became mobile, crawling, pulling up, etc. The doctor didn't seem to care about that, he freaked out. He told me I needed to start pumping ALL my breastmilk so I can keep track of how many ounces she is getting. WHAT? She's never had a bottle and I don't pump....I don't respond well to my pump. I tried to explain this but he was rolling his eyes. I got furious and started yelling. THis guy does NOT believe in extended BF, and is ill informed about BF, to be kind. I switched to a new doc who was nice but never returned my phone calls and left on a month long vacation when I needed her tested for anemia. That's why I went back to this guy.

Her head was growing fine still, and I'm not sure about height but I think it is OK too. Honestly there was a lot of defensiveness on my part and the whole thing is kind of a blur (except for the great hemo test, that was nice).

I am starting EI occupational therapy with her on October 5th to get her more interested in solids. (Ei agreed to take us on but said she was borderline during her eval. Every other area was fine, btw.) She loves to play with solids and she'll take tastes off my fingers but she never likes it enough to want to eat them herself. The good news is she likes rich foods, like goat cheese, gravy, mashed potatoes, etc. The bad news is she doesn't love them enough to start chowing down.

I don't know, I was upset to see she barely gained at all in 2 months, but given mobility and a week long trip to Florida where we all traipsed around Walt Disney World in 100 degree heat for a week, I was not horribly shocked, I guess. She just poops a lot and always seems OK, hunger wise. She's too busy getting into things these days. But I want to do what's right here. Ped wants me to cut back drastically on BM and give her solids like 6 times a day. He says I need to be tough here. I think he's misinformed. But I am also scared and so tired of dealing with small babies (my son is a peanut too, but he was eating solids well at a year).

She is about 17 pounds at a year, for those interested. Tiny, but she doesn't look unhealthy at all. She even has a fat roll of each thigh. I dunno. I'm doing the best I can and I am sick of exclusive BF too but how can I deny her the only calories she's getting?
#2 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 12:02 PM

your ped is out of line. your baby sounds fine. my DD1 weighed 17 at a year. DD2 weighs 21. just keep offering stuff. MY dd1 still dont really eat anything and she is 3.5 weighs 28 lbs. your lo is pooping more than once a day? good. then she is getting enough.

to get my kids to eat anything, i had to be eating it first then offer bites off my fork or spoon.

can you go for a second opinion at the other doctor?

it is perfectly normal for there to be little to no gain between 10 and 12 months or whenever the crawling and pulling up and cruising thing starts. they expend a lot of energy learning that. it is like when adults go to aerobics classes. only they wanna do it 24/7 lol.

oh and FTT looks way worse than that. your baby wouldnt have fat rolls. my DD1 was real skinny but still had body fat you could pinch.

some kids dont eat to fill up really until 15 mo even. until then it is just play for my kids. my 12 mo DD2 hardly eats either.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#3 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
your ped is out of line. your baby sounds fine. my DD1 weighed 17 at a year. DD2 weighs 21. just keep offering stuff. MY dd1 still dont really eat anything and she is 3.5 weighs 28 lbs. your lo is pooping more than once a day? good. then she is getting enough.

to get my kids to eat anything, i had to be eating it first then offer bites off my fork or spoon.

can you go for a second opinion at the other doctor?

it is perfectly normal for there to be little to no gain between 10 and 12 months or whenever the crawling and pulling up and cruising thing starts. they expend a lot of energy learning that. it is like when adults go to aerobics classes. only they wanna do it 24/7 lol.
THank you. You were in my DDC, I think. I think you are right, I just really need support. None of my nursing friends think this guy is remotely correct. And I can't believe he just dismissed the mobility factor.

She doesn't poop more than once EVERY day, but she does usually poop once a day. YEsterday was a 2 pooper (right before the appointment, too, could have used those extra ounces) and Saturday she was ill with a small cold and pooped 4 times. Usually though, it is once a day, maybe randomly skipping a day here and there.

He asked me in astonishment how I kept track of how much she was eating. I said through poops and pees and just watching her hunger cues. He is so uninformed it INFURIATES me.

I guess I can go get a second opinion with the guy I switched over to but I am so tired of peds.

I will keep offering. Yesterday she enjoyed many bites of creamy macaroni sauce (spit out the noodles, though). But when she's done, what I am supposed to do? Force her? I already tried that at 10 months. DISASTER. I let her play until she was covered in mac and cheese. Today I am trying yogurt again.

I am just still so mad. I wondered about supply, but I still feel letdown. I hear her swallowing. Everything is EXACTLY the same as it was at 10 months (when he said she was growing fine) except she started crawling, pulling up and just generally getting into things. That is ALL that is different.
#4 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 12:10 PM

No advice Regarding the doctor but I have to say, my 4 year old DD was 17 pounds at a year too. She's now 34 lb and super active and very smart. She doesn't eat a whole lot but she's fine.

One of my favourite articles about this was written by Dr. Jay Gordon. He says look at the baby, not the scale. Here's the link to his article. It made me feel a lot better.

Sandra SAHM to Kayleigh and welcoming Emily January 2010
#5 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandme View Post
THank you. You were in my DDC, I think. I think you are right, I just really need support.
oct? 2009? you "look" familiar

i would have fired that doctor right to his face. i seriously would have said something not so nice and then said "you're fired". but i dont reccomend that. maybe someone can give you info to give him if you go back to him. info about breastfed babies and growth, like the WHO bf baby growth chart and an article about increasing mobility etc.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#6 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the article.

Here is a pic of DD at 11 months.

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...=1285773553780

Big? No. (Well, she's got a big head like dad and big brother). But she doesn't look underfed or ill to me.
#7 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
oct? 2009? you "look" familiar

i would have fired that doctor right to his face. i seriously would have said something not so nice and then said "you're fired". but i dont reccomend that. maybe someone can give you info to give him if you go back to him. info about breastfed babies and growth, like the WHO bf baby growth chart and an article about increasing mobility etc.
I think I did say "You don't know what you are talking about, how many babies have you nursed?" I was really angry. Everything lightened when the hemo test was done. I think he expected her to be anemic still and was all ready to order a full blood draw to see what was wrong with her.
#8 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 12:25 PM

Awww. She's adorable! I think we were all in that DDC together. Gracie loves food, but is still BF for most of her nutrition. I think you realize he is misinformed. IF you otherwise like the guy, just smile and nod and say waht he wants to hear... like we women do with most men...

hh2.gif

#9 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

But he said "Most of the time, FTT has no cause." I took that to mean he thinks she's FTT. I just really don't want to go back to him again, he is about as clueless about extended BF as it gets.

Friends who see him say he's fine if you are "by the book" (as in the What to Expect type book) but the minute you deviate, it's a problem. My friend's super smart son didn't talk at age 2 but had over 100 signs. (He talks great now at 3.5). This doctor was all "Why would you want to teach him signs?" He's a terrible ped.
#10 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 12:38 PM

My dd was mainly breastfed until closer to two. She is very healthy.... It left me wondering if she might have had some sensitivities and somehow was "bright enough" not to touch the stuff until her body could handle it.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#11 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 12:38 PM

Personally, I'd run from that doc and find another one.

Not being interested in solids at a year isn't really a big deal. Mine finally started eating food around a year, and will eat anything in front of her now. She's hardly gained anything since about 9 months, but she was really chunky before then, and slimmed down when she got more mobile. Just like my son did, who is 5 and has been in the 25th percentile for height and weight since he was 1.

A pump won't tell you how much your baby is taking in. It will only tell you how much you are able to pump.

You don't have to take your baby to a pediatrician. You can use a family doctor or naturopath. You also don't have to do well-child visits unless you feel they are necessary (I totally skip these with DD, but take DS to his because it's once a year and we like our ped.).

Pooping every day is a great sign. Your doc is a UAV and personally, I would consider filing a complaint with the office supervisor and maybe even the AAP, LOL. A medical professional whose job it is to care for children should be more informed about breastfeeding, that is, the normal way a baby is fed. It makes me livid that breastfeeding is such a foreign concept to many American pediatricians, and I think the AAP should make some changes.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#12 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 12:44 PM

Can you find yet another pedi? A breastfeeding friendly pedi?

Breastmilk is awesome! There's no need to try to force her to eat solids. DS doesn't really enjoy them yet either (he has oral aversions do to a super sensitive gag reflex) so I give him plenty of things to chew on that expose him to different textures- rice rusks, plain organic cherrios, organic cereal bars, cold fruit, etc. According to our (very pro-breastfeeding) pedi, it's not about actually eating solids at this point, it's about exposure.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#13 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the article.

Here is a pic of DD at 11 months.

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...=1285773553780

Big? No. (Well, she's got a big head like dad and big brother). But she doesn't look underfed or ill to me.
Quote:
I think I did say "You don't know what you are talking about, how many babies have you nursed?" I was really angry. Everything lightened when the hemo test was done. I think he expected her to be anemic still and was all ready to order a full blood draw to see what was wrong with her.
she looks great! just like my baby looks and mine weighs a lot more.

i wouldnt go back personally.

do you drink milk? does your baby spit up a lot? or used to when littler? does baby poo dipes look forthy or mucuousy? if so then you could quit dairy. some babes are sensitive to it in the milk and makes absorption of other stuff harder. cant remember specifics though.

#14 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 01:09 PM

Just wanted to chime in. My DD was 17.5 lbs at a year and her doctor was completely unconcerned. She has zero problems with anemia, and they did prick her at her year WBV to check. She does eat a pretty good amount of solids, though.

She just went thru a big growth spurt and from what our home scale says she is about 19 lbs at 14 months. At this rate (assuming she doesn't level off again) she will likely be 20 lbs at 15 months, which according to the WHO growth charts is right around the 25th %ile.

As long as she is meeting all of her other milestones I would not worry. My doctor had me fill out a milestone quiz at her 1 yr. visit and she was right on or ahead for everything. I asked the doctor about Lily being so small and she was unconcerned based on her anemia test and the fact that she had just learned to walk.

Alicewyf knit.gif , wife to DH reading.gif and mama to toddler Lillian energy.gif (7/09)!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

Prayerfully expecting our little BOY in June of 2012! And so excited to be cd.gif and bfinfant.gifagain!

#15 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

I know I don't have to do WBVs (we stopped with my son at around 15 or 18 months because of this type of weight issue except he was eating solids well) but I felt like in this case it was warranted because I just felt at 10 months she was probably anemic and wanted it tested. My new doc was on a month long vacation and is a family doctor so wouldn't have done a hemo test in his office anyway. He would have probably sent me in for a full blood draw. Anyway, this guy did the quick and easy one and I just needed to see someone that minute and he filled the need. And my instinct was right, she was anemic. The only reason I went back to him was the follow up hemo test, otherwise, I would never have gone back to him. He is not a good fit at ALL.

I just wish I liked the new doc more or felt he would at least return phone calls. THe funny thing is, he was highly recommended.
#16 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 02:46 PM

I'm so sorry mama. What a total quack .

Here you go, calories and fat content in breastmilk versus solid food.
http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/vi...dcalories.html

I would tally up what the amount of calories and fat would be in a typical one year old's diet, and then compare that to what she is taking in. I would maybe borrow/rent an acurate (to the oz.) scale, and weigh her before and after a good feeding, then document it. You could work with a LC to do this and sign off on it. Because frankly, someone like him could do something really stupid and report this. Not that it would hold water, but it could really make your life miserable if he believes your DD is FTT as a result of breastfeeding.

And I would absolutely never go back to that guy if I had a choice. Get some rec's from your local LLL perhaps on BF friendly docs.

Hugs, I hope it all works out!

Amy ~ SAHM to DS (9) DD (5) and DS (2) And  expecting a  stork-girl.gif  late May 2012!

homebirth.jpg  cd.gif  slingboy.gif  familybed1.gif  winner.jpg  novaxnocirc.gif  goorganic.jpg

#17 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 02:58 PM

I would definitely say "adios" to this ped. My son didn't eat much in the way of solids until he was at least a year old and even then it wasn't much.

It sounds like you are doing everything right! You seem more knowledgeable than the ped on this.

Baby Boy 9/08 & Baby Girl 3/11

#18 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

How should I do this? EI already has this guy's name as my ped, should I switch it to the other (non-phonecall returning) doc? I feel like we should a checkup with him too just to get him in the loop? Or maybe try to get someone completely new?

Keeping a tally of her nursing would be a lot easier if she didn't nurse so much and so unpredictably throughout the day. We don't really have scheduled sessions, so I never know what's going to be a good session and what's just a quick nip. THis is the way we've always done it and it always worked until now, of course.
#19 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
I know I don't have to do WBVs (we stopped with my son at around 15 or 18 months because of this type of weight issue except he was eating solids well) but I felt like in this case it was warranted because I just felt at 10 months she was probably anemic and wanted it tested. My new doc was on a month long vacation and is a family doctor so wouldn't have done a hemo test in his office anyway. He would have probably sent me in for a full blood draw. Anyway, this guy did the quick and easy one and I just needed to see someone that minute and he filled the need. And my instinct was right, she was anemic. The only reason I went back to him was the follow up hemo test, otherwise, I would never have gone back to him. He is not a good fit at ALL.

I just wish I liked the new doc more or felt he would at least return phone calls. THe funny thing is, he was highly recommended.
My DD was more anemic than yours (around 6 IIRC) because she was a preemie, but I had our ped. put a standing order for a blood draw in the computer so I could just bring her to the lab instead of his office.

Doctors can be so hit-or-miss. I love our ped. and we've been going to him since my son was born, and then at about a year, he starts telling me that we should CIO my daughter, and that he did with all his kids.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#20 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
He clearly knows NOTHING about breastfeeding AT ALL. Get the bf growth charts off of kellymom.com, have him replot everything on those charts. I highly doubt he's using those charts, chances are he's using the charts based on OVERWEIGHT babies.

And I really wouldn't push her to eat solids. Eating a lot of solids at this age is NOT a biologically normal thing. It came with the invention of formula. Not with the introduction of the human species. In other places where babies are truly fed on their OWN terms (both solids and bf) most babes will eat VERY few solids before the first year and a half to two years. DS didn't start eating 5-10 times a WEEK until he was 15 months old. As in, he would usually eat about once a day...sometimes twice, sometimes not at all. He's incredibly healthy. When baby NEEDS more than just your milk, your baby will let you know. It's EXTREMELY unlikely for a child who is nursing on demand and allowed to eat solids at their own pace to not eat enough.

Your ped is a UAV, to be frank. Unfortunately he sounds like the type that you probably won't ever get through to. But the most important thing is that YOU know your baby is trusting her own body and that her body knows what to do!!!

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#21 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh, and on the note of anemia, "milking" (or squeezing) the finger when obtaining a sample can lead to falsely low results (which I think may have been a factor with my DS's borderline low results at 12 mos). I just recently read this (I'm doing some big time research on iron in breastfed babies, you wouldn't BELIEVE what I've found! stuff I've never seen pointed out anywhere that really makes me question everything) and, thinking back, I can't recall a single time where they DIDN'T milk his finger for it.

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#22 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 08:45 PM

I agree with what everyone else has chimed in with. I just wanted to add that if you were really paranoid (which you shouldn't be), my lactation consultant used to weigh my DD before and after a nursing session to make me feel more confident that I was providing her enough milk by myself. It could be an easy option to satisfy your pediatrician if it took you a while to find and switch to another one- its an accepted method to tell how much your LO is consuming. Those scales are much less expensive than a pump

fambedsingle2.gifAP Mommy to DD 10/07 and DS 7/11
#23 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 08:54 PM

Just wanted to say I'm another mama with a babe who was about 17lbs at a year. (She was actually a little less.) She nurses a ton but does eat. And she was on the low-normal side of normal, iron-wise. But like your baby, my daughter is active, bright, has many words and signs. She's not kept pace with her own curve. But the ped wasn't concerned because clearly she's thriving.

So, just another confirmation that you are likely fine--it's just the ped who's misinformed.

I wish you the best!

Mama to a bilingual (Arabic/English) and cuddly 3 year old, and planning another peaceful homebirth in June.

#24 of 42 Old 09-29-2010, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, I didn't know that about anemia and "milking". Fortunately they didn't do that (she bled easily) and got a great number, 12.5. Floravital works!

Another two pooper day. One big, one smaller. And lots of heavy dipes....sposies too. I managed to get her several tastes of yogurt and buttery mashed potato, but when she is done, she is done. I gave her cheese to play with and she definitely put it in her mouth but withdrew it a few moments later. She clearly knows what to do with it but isn't ready to take a bite herself yet.

Her new thing is slapping me high fives while giggling madly as well.
#25 of 42 Old 10-01-2010, 08:32 AM

17 lbs doesn't sound unhealthy to me. Obviously I don't know her curve. But your ped sounds more like he is following his personal agenda then the actuality of your lo's health. Keep doing what you are doing if she is developing fine in other areas too. Keep offering solids too and letting her explore tastes and textures. Good luck with that ped!

Mamma to dd1 3/8/07, one 9.5.08, and dd2 9/9/09
#26 of 42 Old 10-01-2010, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellabaz View Post
17 lbs doesn't sound unhealthy to me. Obviously I don't know her curve. But your ped sounds more like he is following his personal agenda then the actuality of your lo's health. Keep doing what you are doing if she is developing fine in other areas too. Keep offering solids too and letting her explore tastes and textures. Good luck with that ped!
Thank you. She does not look unhealthy or act unhealthy at all. I am not going back to him. I should have known he was trouble when he told me it's VERY important to do WBV because of the charts. Charts tell you when there is a major growth problem , don't ya know. I am SO glad he wasn't seeing my son, we would have had this same issue.
#27 of 42 Old 10-01-2010, 01:42 PM

How does her curve look on the WHO growth chart?
http://www.who.int/childgrowth/stand...irls_p_0_2.pdf

If she is falling off the curve on the WHO chart, I would look into it myself. These charts are built on breastfed babies' typical growth. I would look into it by nursing more! and by offering nutrient dense solids like avocado and sweet potato and meat if you eat meat. If I needed to I would see an IBCLC, and get proper weights on a good scale, a week or two apart.

As for pumping your milk!?! He is sadly ignorant about breastfeeding! Hang in there, Mama, and keep nursing your gorgeous babe
#28 of 42 Old 10-01-2010, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatioGardener View Post
How does her curve look on the WHO growth chart?
http://www.who.int/childgrowth/stand...irls_p_0_2.pdf

If she is falling off the curve on the WHO chart, I would look into it myself. These charts are built on breastfed babies' typical growth. I would look into it by nursing more! and by offering nutrient dense solids like avocado and sweet potato and meat if you eat meat. If I needed to I would see an IBCLC, and get proper weights on a good scale, a week or two apart.

As for pumping your milk!?! He is sadly ignorant about breastfeeding! Hang in there, Mama, and keep nursing your gorgeous babe
I don't know, really. Using the WHO charts is confusing to me, converting the pounds, etc. She was 16 pounds, 4 oz. at 9 months (different scale), 16 pounds 10 oz. at 10 months (doc's scale) and 16 pound 14 ounces at 12 months (doc's scale). She gained only 4 oz. from 10-12 months (after starting mobility). I imagine she'd fall off a bit of any curve.

eta: All I know is I could not possibly nurse any more. She's off and on all day and night for food and comfort. Today she's had 4 significantly heavy sposies and a big poop as well so far. I always have milk coming out and feel letdowns. She threw up randomly yesterday for the first time ever (has a lot of post-nasal drip from a cold she's getting over) and it was such a large quantity of milk I was impressed. I cannot figure out how I could possibly make the nursing more or better. And as for the solids, whatever tastes she gets are very rich foods. She doesn't tolerate anything else. that's why i feel so defensive. I don't know what else to do. NOTHING about the nursing is different....the only thing taht changed at all was she became mobile. We also did a week vacation in Florida two weeks ago and we all probably lost a bit of weight because so much was going on during the week and we were running around all day. I did nurse constantly but it was over 100 degrees some days and her dipes felt lighter even though she did poop every day.
#29 of 42 Old 10-02-2010, 01:46 PM

my oldezt was 15lbs 14 oz @ 1, after being 7lb 1 oz at birth (she was my biggest at birth, smallest at 1) and she's now 6'2" and 185lbs. she was formula fed, too, so we know how much and what kind she was getting. she was just skinny. she was about 18 lbs @ 2 and about 22lbs @3. millie is bigger @ 1 than she was @ 3!!! all kids are different. dd1 ate TONS of solids and it still didn't help her gain. breastmilk is usually more calorie dense than the solids unless you bulk them up with butter or cream or oil.

ftt has more aspects than just low weight, too. if she's meeting milestones, she's not ftt.

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#30 of 42 Old 10-02-2010, 01:48 PM

i just wanted to come back and say that millie eats LOADS of solids, too, and she only gained about 6 oz between 10 and 12 mos. so i don't think adding solids and taking away bmilk is the way to go.

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page