Mothering Forum banner

Does she need other milk or vitamins if we've recently stopped BFing due to pregnancy?

491 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  voxana 
#1 ·
DD slowly weaned herself from BFing when I reached about 20 weeks PG. I know the answer is probably here somewhere, maybe not in this forum (?) but I just can't find it. Do I need to give her some other milk, like whole milk, hemp milk, coconut milk, and/or a vitamin supplement? She is 20 mo old. I *think* the answer is no, as long as her diet is good (it varies according to what she's in the mood for.) But she's never taken ANYTHING from a cup besides water (and iced tea, thank you DH) not even breast milk.

Just wondering and worried that this somewhat abrupt stop might mean she needs something more in her diet. Thanks mamas.

#2 ·
I'm in the same boat, also at 20 weeks pregnant. I noticed right away that my son's diapers were less wet then before. So I'm trying to increase the amount he drinks. I had never given him a bottle before (and he does drink fro a cup), but did so just today with Almond milk (he is sensitive to cow's milk) in it. He drank soooooo much more with the bottle than he does from the cups, maybe you could try that? It also has the sucking which they like so much (or at least my son does). Also, I'm giving him a liquid herbal vitamin supplement and vitamin d.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.